Sign in to follow this  
2paraxman

grading watches

2paraxman

Hi there im new to this forum ie a few weeks but i been buying rep watches since the 1990s when the good old rep rolex used to tick before they sweep i have seen many changes in the rep market and i have spent a lot of money in the rep market as well but what frustrasting is how some of the dealers who have website have like a couple of pages on ie rolex dssd i can see by there description that they have different movments cystal and the same size but there could be 7 of the same model you could buy 3 like i have done and cant tell by there pictures but when you recive your watch you find there quite a few changes from the other models ie markers and writing detail what you cant pick up on so would it not be better for the dealers in here who have websites to grade there models themselfs? so people like me dont have to spend all week asking questions which might bore some of you i understand a $300 DSSD is better than a $88 one but i seen 5 models from the same sorce and there all in the $280 to $ 350 or do i have to guess say the pic looks the same , movment the same cystal the same all looks the same but one $350 the over is $300 So i guess the dearest one the better one

or maybe im missing something cheers ps its easy for some watches as there sometimes only have 2 of the same ie asia and eta movement everything else is the same

Edited by 2paraxman

trailboss99

Mate, best way is to ask in the forum the advice of someone who has bought from that dealer which one is the one to go for.

In most cases the description will tell you but yes, there are some models where there are 3 apparently identical watches at the same or

almost the same price and in that case, ask the dealer. If they can not or will not explain, find another dealer.

Col.

2paraxman
Mate, best way is to ask in the forum the advice of someone who has bought from that dealer which one is the one to go for.

In most cases the description will tell you but yes, there are some models where there are 3 apparently identical watches at the same or

almost the same price and in that case, ask the dealer. If they can not or will not explain, find another dealer.

Col.

Cheers for that mate i understand that but not many dealers are going to say if you buy the $250 watch its the same as the $300 one but if you look through a magnifying glass the word of the deepsea seadweller etc will look all blobby so i take your advice and stick to peeps in the forum who think they got the best copy Once again many thx

2paraxman

Col.

Cheers for that mate i understand that but not many dealers are going to say if you buy the $250 watch its the same as the $300 one but if you look through a magnifying glass the word of the deepsea seadweller etc will look all blobby so i take your advice and stick to peeps in the forum who think they got the best copy Once again many thx

just quickly out of 3 of my dssd not icluding (one i got from mary ) the cheapest one had the crisp wording where the most expensive was blobby but passable with naked eye well with mine anyway

boostin20

The problem I see with what you guys are suggesting is most of the times is this. Someone takes a couple months looking at the forums, staring at multiple online stores over and over (which all look the same), narrow it down to three choices, and post up here with their three choices, asking for an opinion since they're not an expert. They get flamed off the planet for that, even though they probably have spent weeks researching, and need an expert opinion. Something's wrong with that.

Member X

Are you talking about this forum or others? I've always found everyone here to be very helpful, and only irate when someone's being a complete idiot or refusing to do literally any research whatsoever lol

99% of the time on here you will get a sensible, non-condescending answer, in a short timeframe - which is much better than on some other forums!

Ok, it usually then degenrates into boobs or some completely off topic ramblings, but it's just the way we roll :) lol

Try starting a help with comparisons thread and see! :thumbsup:

prestigewatchco
The problem I see with what you guys are suggesting is most of the times is this. Someone takes a couple months looking at the forums, staring at multiple online stores over and over (which all look the same), narrow it down to three choices, and post up here with their three choices, asking for an opinion since they're not an expert. They get flamed off the planet for that, even though they probably have spent weeks researching, and need an expert opinion. Something's wrong with that.

What and you have established this by being here 20 days and a post count of 3 including the one above!

I would say most members are helpful in fact what you will get though is people fed up with the same questions that answers are available to easily on the forum already. Or as is more often the case the new member is just too bone idle and lazy and wants the others members to do it all for him

These get flamed and rightly so

2paraxman
Are you talking about this forum or others? I've always found everyone here to be very helpful, and only irate when someone's being a complete idiot or refusing to do literally any research whatsoever lol

99% of the time on here you will get a sensible, non-condescending answer, in a short timeframe - which is much better than on some other forums!

Ok, it usually then degenrates into boobs or some completely off topic ramblings, but it's just the way we roll :) lol

Try starting a help with comparisons thread and see! :thumbsup:

no i not talking about this forum its others but maybe 1 dealer in here

Edited by 2paraxman