Sign in to follow this  
bosko

What do you say when someone asks if your watch is real?

derzenit

I've done as instructed and read and read and didn't stumble upon this subject. I was too busy having sex with actual women to worry about quartz vs 7750 and how annoying noobs are! (that was a joke and I'm genuinely very grateful for all your generously shared knowledge).

a2Nnp3p_460sa_v1.gif

bosko

Thanks Richard.

sierrabravo

List of possible answers;

No, it's a fucking tattoo!!

No, just a trick of the light!

Its a hologram

I speaka no eenglishhh

When you were a kid growing up and your folks were always broke - that's because your momma was saving up to buy me this.

Course it's real baby, that's how I roll

Cheeky twat

As real as the boner your getting from staring at it.

Would you like to touch it?

kevin123

i dont understand why you wouldnt just say no its fake?

Griffo

It's never been asked of me yet (only own 2 reps and only got my first a matter of weeks ago) and I don't think many people in day to day life give a damn, or know much about watches. I don't think many people would know what a Panerai was if it slapped them in the face, never mind an IWC or an AP. Most people are only aware of brands like Rolex and Tag as they're shoved in everybody's faces.

In fact, I've had more comments on a Police watch (cost around £300) and a £10 skeleton watch that I own than any of my reps!

Plus, if someone I happen to come across is bothered in regards to whether someone is wearing a gen or a rep, I probably don't want to know them, anyway.

Edited by Griffo

Griffo

I've done as instructed and read and read and didn't stumble upon this subject. I was too busy having sex with actual women to worry about quartz vs 7750 and how annoying noobs are! (that was a joke and I've never actually had sex).

Fixed? ;)

Shit, double post!

Edited by Griffo

sierrabravo

I've got a few gens and a few reps so I guess people think maybe they are all gens?? Or all fakes lol

It's up to the individual perhaps they feel more comfortable coming clean and saying its a good rep etc instead of being called out by some one and feeling like a twat.

I've never been asked and if I ever was, I'd probably just say "what do you think?" Let them make up their own mind

sierrabravo

Totally agree with griffo- unless the great unwashed are clued up about watches I genuinely don't think they give a shit.

Don't get me wrong I've had people saying "nice watch mate" but never more than that really. Most people don't wear watches these days as they always rely on their phones for the time - it will never stop me from collecting and wearing them though as like you lot I luv em ;)

tkeraider

Don't lie, you'll look like a d-bag if they know what their talking about...

BadPickle

Then they think you're kidding.

There's a story here about some guy on the tube in London sporting a Portuguese or some such, when asked if its real, instantly tells it's a fake..... Maybe he just wanted to keep it and not get his shirt all bloodstained??

There's probably a moral in there somewhere, but its Saturday evening and I've been drinking :D

olly593

There's a story here about some guy on the tube in London sporting a Portuguese or some such, when asked if its real, instantly tells it's a fake..... Maybe he just wanted to keep it and not get his shirt all bloodstained??

There's probably a moral in there somewhere, but its Saturday evening and I've been drinking :D

Its Friday here, how long have you been drinking? :giggle:

jdog

So youre in the future now Stu? :)

What kind of new Macbook time-machine did you get?

BadPickle

So youre in the future now Stu? :)

What kind of new Macbook time-machine did you get?

Oh fook yeah, your right its still Friday :lmao:

nofitstate

I tell them it's the best Chinese fake money can buy..... they never believe me though.

RUSH2112
I've done as instructed and read and read and didn't stumble upon this subject. I was too busy having sex with actual women to worry about quartz vs 7750 and how annoying noobs are! (that was a joke and I'm genuinely very grateful for all your generously shared knowledge).

That's nothing. We have sex with fake women, they never say no so we are busy as fuck and still had time to read threads.

Kcore

I don't talk to strangers and anyone that knows me, knows not to pester me with trivial bull shit :)

StormyNight
I don't talk to strangers and anyone that knows me, knows not to pester me with trivial bull shit :)

I like your style :D

bosko

Cheers for the replies guys

Hornet

Funny no one has ever asked me that question, did have a work colleague say "how much are you getting paid to afford a Panerai?" and I told him it was a replica....

TheInthusiest

I tell them it's Chinese.

They don't believe me and think it's gen.

I shut up and let them believe what they want and move on with stuff which is worth more of my time.

Like boobies.

Baldrick

Perhaps because it's none of their fucking business.....personally, I always give them this kinda look....I find it has the desired effect.....it causes them to fuck off and stop f'kn pestering me !!!

5pxws20922.jpg

Batespcm

I did wonder this myself before joining up, I have the money to afford a gen I just can't justify it when I have a family etc but if I can get away with saying its real to a stranger I think I will but with work colleagues etc I have already shown them the forum today in the office and the pics from the TD's at lunch.

However saying that I expect no-one will ask me at all

James.

I tell the truth "yes"

cuchulain36

I would probably say "fuck off!"