Sign in to follow this  
BenjaminButton

Parnis first photo post

BenjaminButton

Ok so this is my entry into the world of homage. All roads now lead to replica ville. In fact the order is placed. So here is my Parnis with a IWC nod I think it has no more homage than that but I will stand corrected.

43mm case and 15mm thick

Black dial with date at 3 and seconds at 9

Polished stainless 316L

Seagull automatic movement

Paid under £40 from HK on ebay.

All that said the real thing I wanted to do is try posting images.

imagejpg5_zps92c7724d.jpg

imagejpg3_zpsf056650c.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsaa040e7f.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsb9a5573e.jpg

imagejpg3_zps9fe014c8.jpg

Realism

Big black parnis

BenjaminButton

Correction Big Black Parnis. No more no less.

Mr Stubbs

Nice photos and a beautiful watch!

:beer2:

BenjaminButton

Thanks Mr Stubbs.

This watch may not have much kudos but I'm really enjoying it.

onionbag

These are great watches for the dosh, I bought one for a work colleague, a Portuguese homage which he loves........he says it reminds him of the Smiths oil pressure gauge on his Triton.

JohnG
parnismysteryman_zps0129091a.jpg

BenjaminButton

I bought this after tripping over this website whilst searching for......I cannot remember. So I bought this watch and the first day at work I'm wearing it we had a camera crew filming at our workplace and the guy in charge sees my watch and say ' was that a special gift to yourself'? I came clean and told him exactly what it was. Second comment my director she said the same. Third comment was a colleague and he went and bought a Marina Militare. I have a AQUA TERRA 150 M OMEGA CO-AXIAL DAY-DATE 41.5mm rep on order and I'm feeling like a kid before Christmas. Damn you all this is going to be feckin expensive.

jackygor

Beautiful

dave47

You have yourself a well made homage, and it looks GREAT. I have several Parnises and love them. They're a great find on the 'Bay.

dave

Libertatia

May consider buying one of these......... As in, replace what reps I have left with homages/ gens........

enzo260

I have a No date sub and a Bat Man GMT (both Sterile) Love them. May sell off the Batman and get a Marina Militare and maybe a Sterile IWC. I dunno why but I prefer the blank dials. I just like the clean look. My no date sub is very classic looking.

MetalMickey

My Parnis says hi

00707b1b6ab83462af12d48fac3b9c4a.jpg

Ginger01

looks really good, a bargain in my opinion, you must be pleased?

jamilton

My one

IMG_6038_zpsee7841b0.jpg

JohnG

Niiiiiiice.......

imagejpg3_zps3dbb15cd.jpg

JBJtw

With the power reserve does anyone find that it won't go about 40 hours? For some reason mine works like an absolute charm apart from the fact it won't go above 40 hours and it's annoying me!

Mr Stubbs

With the power reserve does anyone find that it won't go about 40 hours? For some reason mine works like an absolute charm apart from the fact it won't go above 40 hours and it's annoying me!

I have a7750's, Seagulls, 2813's, a6497's and a gen Seiko Monster. Not a single one will ever go past a day and a half on a full wind.

And my Parnis is really really big.

SteveA

Been looking at Parnis,wasn't sure but might be persuaded now.Only the ones I have seen on e bay are around £120-150 which I thought was pricey

JBJtw

I've snapped up two Parnis watches at £43 and £48 on the 'bay and have been really really happy with both.

Mike on a bike

Have that one also:

00707b1b6ab83462af12d48fac3b9c4a.jpg

docbp87

Just paid $35.00 (plus shipping) for my first Parnis watch on eBay, a Pilot Chronograph (Japanese Quartz movement), which seems like a really good deal if the quality is on par with the others I've read about here and on WUS. I know the Quartz movement is likely the reason for the low price I snagged, but at the same time, looking on eBay again there are plenty of auctions ending in the $40-$60 range with mechanical movements (some autos, some manual wind). These can be had for a song if you catch the right auctions on eBay. They do seem to go for over $100 US if you get them from a dealer/online store. Certainly nowhere near the prices quoted earlier (£ 100+).

BenjaminButton
Niiiiiiice.......

imagejpg3_zps3dbb15cd.jpg

At least you had the decency not to photoshop penis onto my wrist shot. One man putting a penis on another man wrist would be a step too far?

Robin195959

Well done on the watch and the photos.

Mattcas

I bought this after tripping over this website whilst searching for......I cannot remember.

I bet you were searching for something that was similar to Big Black Parnis ;)