Sign in to follow this  
jcbenoit72

Can A Crystal Be Replaced

jcbenoit72

Hey all, need some help here, I just received a Tag Carrea 1887 REP Watch from Watch International, I have noticed that the crystal is pushed down on side. My question is who would I try to reach out to fix this, and is it possible to replace with a Gen crystal. Also I am looking to replace the bracelet as it was a bit damaged too, Love this watch and not going to send it back so I would just see if anyone had any suggestions thank you

G3Pics2014-3017_zps0927163c.jpg

yippykayay2121

i had the same prob recently, noticed it right away when it arrived to me, mine was worst than this. I open the bezel myself, resit the crystal but didnt know how to place it back in the case, had to looked up yellow pages for a local watch smith, found a guy near by he helped me put it back and its now perfect balance. It actually pretty easy after he shown me a technique of doing it.

so yeah really up to you. just pop it open and just have to keep it on a flat table and some tender push to get it back in .

jcbenoit72

i had the same prob recently, noticed it right away when it arrived to me, mine was worst than this. I open the bezel myself, resit the crystal but didnt know how to place it back in the case, had to looked up yellow pages for a local watch smith, found a guy near by he helped me put it back and its now perfect balance. It actually pretty easy after he shown me a technique of doing it.

so yeah really up to you. just pop it open and just have to keep it on a flat table and some tender push to get it back in .

Cool, thank you for your help and reply

diamante

For what i know, to fix crystal you have to use a special press. A watch maker sure has it

BentleySharp

For what i know, to fix crystal you have to use a special press. A watch maker sure has it

I think they sell one through the RWG store as well, if you want to start investing in watch repair tools. (I cant be bothered to look, but here's the link)

http://shop.homage-watches-guide.com/

diamante

You are right bentley and at a good price: 26,50 usd