Sign in to follow this  
newonmars

BK or TC? Battle of the super-reps!

newonmars

First off let me tell you guys that, yes I am noobie, this is going to be my first Replica but I have done research for the last couple months, because I really want the best for my money. I ended up with two watches, The Sub-c from Watch Modder: BK, who is an America based watch modder who has a bunch of latest Noob Sub-c's (V4/V3/V3.1) and corrects the most obvious mistakes made by the Noob factory, so you actually get like a Noob watch that has been fixed by him, plus he really got a small delivery time to the Netherlands where I am living. Then you have TC who makes the classic non ceramic sub, and he actually makes the watch, he puts it together from so called 'high quality private parts' from a private chinese factory that supplies to him. He is not a business but a 'crazy' hobbyist who just really likes the watch and rep world. Most of the time his V6 model get's really good reviews but the big downfall with his watch is that has a delivery time of +/- 3 months, which is quite a lot.

So my question is, because I really like both the old non ceramic Sub and the new ceramic one, I don't really have a favorite I think they are equally beautiful, which one is the best for the +/-600 dollars+ shipping, you pay for these watches. Is there like a safe choice? I would like everyone who reacts to tell me which one is their favorite and which one they would recommend to me as someone who is a 18 year old college student with not to much money but a love for Rolex watches, and please don't tell me in every post that there is a difference between the watch model, I KNOW! I like them both equally.

Thanks in advance!

Oh and PS: I don't really care about gen parts, at my budget they only makes things a lot pricier. So which one is the best out of the box Submariner?

746_heuer

A first post about the best sub. Can't say I'm surprised.

All I'm gonna say is you're gonna look like a moron with a Rolex at your age.

Pecu

I own a fake Rolex and im 25. I also drive a 70k car when im wearing it. No one thinks that im a moron and everyone thinks that my Rolex is real. In fact, they dont even care about it. They just think its normal, that I just like expensive watches.

And where I come from, there are plenty of young people wearing expensive stuff. I know some girls that spend more than they can in handbags and stuff.

Stop judging people based on their first post. Damn bunch of grumpy people from the internet..

If you are tired of those posts, its because you are spending too much time on the internet.

FukuokaTen

You may wish to review some RWG posts with comparisons of BK and TC subs. TC is first choice for many and that includes me!

R5tdi

Welcome to the forum and either are great choices and for your first rep I'm sure you would not be disappointed

I found Bk great to deal with quick comms and delivery on my Hulk Shark and I love it

Good luck with whatever choice you go with

My BKK hulk shark says hi

imagejpg11-1.jpg

abs0025

You can't go wrong with either. However, I personally have only dealt with BK and the process was a breeze, the watch is pretty sweet too I suppose :)

Mystery Shopper

Which sub do you want?

I'd go BK for 116610 & TC for 16610.

nyckid

I own a fake Rolex and im 25. I also drive a 70k car when im wearing it. No one thinks that im a moron and everyone thinks that my Rolex is real. In fact, they dont even care about it. They just think its normal, that I just like expensive watches.

And where I come from, there are plenty of young people wearing expensive stuff. I know some girls that spend more than they can in handbags and stuff.

Stop judging people based on their first post. Damn bunch of grumpy people from the internet..

If you are tired of those posts, its because you are spending too much time on the internet.

Even in your writing you look like a moron. Let alone, in your "70k car" WGAF!!!

:picard:

Pecu

Said the guy with 12k posts! Thats so pathetic... I bet you have a great life doing thumbnails, complaining about new users and posting your memes!

How old are you? Posting facepalm memes.. Thats a teenager thing, isnt it? Are you 15 or something like that?

Whats WGAF? Can we talk like grown up people?

Hornet

So, which rep would you recommend for our friend? That won't make him look like a moron...

...OP, get what you want even if that is a Rolex.

hnic

dont think theres much difference in quality so you should choose which watch you want to get first

also you could contact both and ask if available

succes en vooral veel lezen eerst!

derzenit

Said the guy with 12k posts! Thats so pathetic... I bet you have a great life doing thumbnails, complaining about new users and posting your memes!

How old are you? Posting facepalm memes.. Thats a teenager thing, isnt it? Are you 15 or something like that?

post-31458-Jim-Carrey-disgust-puke-gif-Du-5Lr8.gif

Edited by derzenit

kiikasi

Pecu is cruising for a serious bruising...

nev848

I will be grown up for your sake. You do not know nycKid so please do not judge him on one post that you well deserved. He may have 12k post but he has also earned respect and a lot of friends on this forum by being a bloody top guy. If I was you give up on giving out crap to other members until you have done some reading and understand the structure of this forum.

I expect you will still come back with some chest beating comment but as many members will now do I will simply ignore you.

atomoth

Welcome to the forum and either are great choices and for your first rep I'm sure you would not be disappointed

I found Bk great to deal with quick comms and delivery on my Hulk Shark and I love it

Good luck with whatever choice you go with

My BKK hulk shark says hi

imagejpg11-1.jpg

whoa!! i didnt know this was out there.. cool watch mate

Daywatch

Hi, You´ve done Your homework anyway so You either like smaller and elegant green markers and go for a TC with no rehaut engravings or You´ll take the big ceramic sub with big markers and the fantastic glidelock clasp bracelet, adjustable for comfort without tools.

TC - 90% gen

BK - 65% gen

classic sub as used gen, with luck is available for $5000, without papers and box maybe for less, its just more believable

My vote is for the TC, but I could not wait 3 months without a watch so I would buy a BP ceramic sub with Asian ETA as well - or as the first (reason for choice would be price considerations) otherwise a Noob V4.

The remaining open question is simply if You really need to spend all that money on the watch, for $238 + shipping You get the 16600 classic BP Seadweller which imo is a fantastic rep in its own right, order it, try it out and later go from there. For the price of the BK or TC or even a bit less You also get a gen Steinhart.

BC1221

it all depends on which model you like better.

i personally cant stand the ceramic sub so if i had to choose, id go with TC.

TC subs are very nice but paying $500+ for a replica or frankens is just a bit much imo.

ill stick with my noob 16610.

with a little work, you can get rid of most tells without breaking the bank.

i just shaved the CGs a little and maybe one day get rid of the engraved rehaut and get a new crystal.

for me, thats good enough.

now all this may change once i get my 1680. i really like those and depending on how it goes, may go franken on that bad boy.

jdog

Are you serious? You're talking about a highly regarded member here and spouting off at the mouth only proves what we all suspect already, you're a moron. Now get in that "$70,000" car and drive the fuck away from here lickity split.

Back on topic....TC for sure.

northantsrich

Go for a TC

plankton

LMAO, sooo funny. Is this the first time i've read "who makes the best sub"?

Answer- hmmmmmm. well I just think the submariner is a little to small, I've had a TC and what a work of art! BK is a friend of mine and his DSSD kicks ass. I'd have to go with rolex......

Mechwarrior

WOW 70k car?

never had 70k in all my life ^_^

StormyNight

They're completely different watches. So you need to decide which watch you want to buy and that's your answer.

If you don't think you can wait for a TC then you need to settle for a BK.

Personally I wouldn't buy a new BK watch now as there seems to be too many QC issues.

I've had or still got several variations of TC and BK watches and each time the TC "wins".

However, if I was buying now I'd go for a proper Noob v3 SubC with gen parts. Heaps better than a BK and not much more costly.

StormyNight

And for the record my car is 90k. Full service history to back up that mileage too. :)

jdog

They're completely different watches. So you need to decide which watch you want to buy and that's your answer.

If you don't think you can wait for a TC then you need to settle for a BK.

Personally I wouldn't buy a new BK watch now as there seems to be too many QC issues.

I've had or still got several variations of TC and BK watches and each time the TC "wins".

However, if I was buying now I'd go for a proper Noob v3 SubC with gen parts. Heaps better than a BK and not much more costly.

Cause who needs 2 of those right ;p

Mechwarrior

All rich here

my car is no more then 1500 euro :giggle: