Sign in to follow this  
newonmars

BK or TC? Battle of the super-reps!

BC1221

wth does the price of your car have anything to do with watches?

i know people who could care less about watches. drive expensive cars bc thats their thing.

also have friends who love watches. wear hublots and rolexes yet drive a used lexus (15k).

people spend money on what they like. i have nice things and i have cheap things.

i have gen watches and reps. i guess my car could be considered "luxury" but i go grocery shopping at walmart.

anybody can save up for a while and buy a rolex or a 70k car.

hell, bill gates has more money and all of us put together and he wears a casio.

i like reps because it gives me the option to own a variety of nice looking watches.

also gives you a chance to try a watch out if you want a gen of it.

if all my watches were gen, it would be worth about 20 grand. :lol:

Hornet

WOW 70k car?

never had 70k in all my life ^_^

I had 70 pence once, but spent it all in wild drug and booze fueled gambling spree....

.....that was a night to remember!

Mechwarrior

WOW 70k car?

I had 70 pence once, but spent it all in wild drug and booze fueled gambling spree....

this is the spirit ;)

newonmars

They're completely different watches. So you need to decide which watch you want to buy and that's your answer.

If you don't think you can wait for a TC then you need to settle for a BK.

Personally I wouldn't buy a new BK watch now as there seems to be too many QC issues.

I've had or still got several variations of TC and BK watches and each time the TC "wins".

However, if I was buying now I'd go for a proper Noob v3 SubC with gen parts. Heaps better than a BK and not much more costly.

Meaning he is not consistent with the quality of the watches he mods?

----Oh and btw about the off topic car conversation, my dad drives an Aston but couldn't care less about watches... 'who would wear watches if you have smartphones' quoting the old man...-----

Edited by newonmars

Chiruku

TC gets my vote...

photo_zpscf969bf0.jpg

StormyNight

Personally I wouldn't buy a new BK watch now as there seems to be too many QC issues.

Meaning he is not consistent with the quality of the watches he mods?

Correct.

Two of the watches I've had from BK both had misaligned pearls and one of them had a slightly crooked cyclops.

Only the other day someone posted a photo of their BK clasp and the coronet was not straight.

ShadyManc

I don't have a car, some twat robbed it. It was circa a $70k car. OP, where were you on the night of the 16th July? Plot thickens.

gareth
WOW 70k car?

mines a company car costs nothing more money to spend on watches ;) I think I remember a similar post not long back with an angry man who had a toyota mr2/ oh god sorry I meant Ferrari lol

jdog

I don't have a car, some twat robbed it. It was circa a $70k car. OP, where were you on the night of the 16th July? Plot thickens.

Wasnt the OP who stated that...

newonmars

Do you think its funny to joke about people getting killed? Thats sick...

Hornet

WOW 70k car?

this is the spirit ;)

Yes, there was spirits involved.....

.....things were cheaper when I was a lad. Or at least that how my hazy memory portrays it for me. :stars:

ShadyManc

I'm pretty sure I haven't got the foggiest clue what you're on about? WTF has been killed? Bizarre comment.

ShadyManc

Wasnt the OP who stated that...

Arf!! Indeed you're right, but apparently I'm mocking the dead with my comment, so this is getting weird now.

raphy

I have both and I love them for different reasons. I find that both really fit for different occasions if i want to be a little more flashy i'll wear my BK but the TC with is a little more subtle and understated find my wrist 90% of the time.

nev848

Sorry have you put this through Google translate from English to Cock Monkey?

Dr Yan

Ok I'm lost :)

Ishmael

I vote for TC.

ShadyManc

I would go with a TC also, I have a v6 and it's a keeper and also worth going Franken with.

Kcore

Interesting topic(s), TC vs BK, morons who drive 70K cars, grumpy people on the internet, our Top man NYCKid doing,sorry, what was it to his toenails?

First let me make one thing crystal clear, I'm not a " grumpy person" on the internet. I'm a fuckin' " curmudgeon " and don't forget it!

To the OP, IMO, a TC 16610, ver.5 or .v6 with the KH dial wins hands down! BTW, a TC vin insert is the only thing you need. IMO, no need to spend for a gen insert, but to each their own.l

The important thing that you really need to know is that TC has a lot of rules about sending him e- mails, asking stupid questions. The list goes on and on. Best read all his rules carefully before you pull the trigger. Also know it takes months to get one of his creations. Is it worth it? Most folks incl. myself think so. I own his v.5 with TC insert.

OP, good luck and don't give a rats ass what other people think. Be your own person. If you like a watch, that's all that counts!

dyonn

When I was a little younger than him I bought a new M3 (little more than 70k). Now that I'm older and have more sense I drive a cheap reliable and safe car.

Never underestimate the stupidity of kids who can suddenly get approved for a loan they cannot afford. :(

newonmars

Interesting topic(s), TC vs BK, morons who drive 70K cars, grumpy people on the internet, our Top man NYCKid doing,sorry, what was it to his toenails?

First let me make one thing crystal clear, I'm not a " grumpy person" on the internet. I'm a fuckin' " curmudgeon " and don't forget it!

To the OP, IMO, a TC 16610, ver.5 or .v6 with the KH dial wins hands down! BTW, a TC vin insert is the only thing you need. IMO, no need to spend for a gen insert, but to each their own.l

The important thing that you really need to know is that TC has a lot of rules about sending him e- mails, asking stupid questions. The list goes on and on. Best read all his rules carefully before you pull the trigger. Also know it takes month so get one of his creations. Is it worth it? Most folks incl. myself think so. I own his v.5 with TC insert.

OP, good luck and don't give a rats ass what other people think. Be your own person. If you like a watch, that's all that counts!

Thanks sir, I don't really get some people on this forum. I'm glad there are people like you (and some others, thanks for the good reactions I had from some people!).

To some other people reacting to this thread: I don't really understand why people got to take things off topic while I just had a 'simple' question, also insulting people on the internet is weak and certainly childish, but whatever, I think it's a forum thing.

Oh and PS: why would you try to posh on a replica forum? ;)

Ishmael

Where's Tits?!?!

Kcore

The important thing that you really need to know is that TC has a lot of rules about sending him e- mails, asking stupid questions. The list goes on and on. Best read all his rules carefully before you pull the trigger. Also know it takes month so get one of his creations. Is it worth it? Most folks incl. myself think so. I own his v.5 with TC insert.

Thanks sir, I don't really get some people on this forum. I'm glad there are people like you (and some others, thanks for the good reactions I had from some people!).

To some other people reacting to this thread: I don't really understand why people got to take things off topic while I just had a 'simple' question, also insulting people on the internet is weak and certainly childish, but whatever, I think it's a forum thing.

Oh and PS: why would you try to posh on a replica forum? ;)

Newonmars, I like it :) exactly, a forum thing. Don't take posts personal and don't try to think deep into anything said. Better off, don't think. Just kidding, just have fun. You can't have thin skin. Taking a post off topic is wildly accepted. If you want or need tame and seriousness, RWG isn't the place.

Read this thread and decide: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=83603

Most here are really a wonderful bunch who will help in a split second. There's an amazing collective wisdom here? Shit is said to get reactions and have a bit if fun even if it's at another's expense. Basically it's newbie hunting.

Kcore

Where's Tits?!?!

:shitstir:

he's hating people :giggle:

Ishmael

Where's Tits?!?!

:shitstir:

he's hating people :giggle:

Exactly! Also, I like your use of the word "curmudgeon". I fancy myself a misanthropic curmudgeon as well. :angry:

;)