Sign in to follow this  
CRB

Two new Moonwatch Reps

CRB

So after a bumbly first Rep purchase I've finally got my first two Reps, and they're both Moonwatches.

I originally ordered one with TT, but the clasp read 'Seamaster' and not 'Speedmaster' like on the website. A pretty basic thing in my opinion to get right, others disagreed. So I cancelled the order, and was refunded. Then I spoke to PC, who assured me before order that it would have the Speedmaster bracely just like in his photos also. So ordered, and what do you know, he came back saying that the factory doesn't make a Speedmaster bracelet anymore. I personally think that's utter bull, but that's what I was told. Anyway I needed a rep, so gave in and ordered anyway, but also the black Omega leather strap as by then I'd decided it would look good against the Moonwatch. I also decided to give the 'Dark Side of the Moon' Moonwatch a go also.

As you can see, they arrived all intact and working. I'm actually very happy with both of them. The normal Moonwatch is the better watch of course, the Dark Side of the Moon one has many differences to the actual gen. But for the price I paid, I really don't care. They are both great value for money and I remain a happy customer.

Anyway, a photo:

Omega_zps6e3d6d50.jpg

Jagsman

Nice! Congrats on the watches.

Looks nice on the leather.

BC1221

congrats!

you got the rudy or whatever version.

i have the other version and that came with a speedmaster bracelet.

both are wrong though. it should have the old buckle with just a omega logo like the Aqua Terras

great looking pieces. ive been on the fence about selling mine bc its hardly getting any wrist time. its such a nice watch though....

wear them well.

herb

DSOTM is my favorite watch ever. I am very tempted to get this rep, since it looks like the only one out there, at any price. Been holding out in the hopes that a better one comes along, but at the price this is selling, it is quite tempting.

Enjoy, great taste there!

Japie

looks great on the leather man!

Ishmael

Lovely! Gonna grab myself a Moonie one of these days... had the DSOTM for a bit and quite enjoyed it. Nice value for the money.

Enjoy :thumbsup2:

Left Coast Guy

I mean if you even get bored of that old fashioned speedy, I'd gladly find a place for it in my watch box...

Jeff Laurence

I hope your mechanical one lasts longer than mine-- the click spring broke on mine after less than 1/2 year.Not going to ship it back as it costs too much, haven't been able to find someone in Toronto that would fix it.

J

CRB

That's a shame to hear. I wore mine in the shower by accident a couple of days, all seems ok I'm happy to report !

GardnerMS

Jeff, same thing happened to mine... I talked to my TD and he said I could get a new movement for it..

However, right now it's served its purpose.. I wanted to see how I would like it ... I liked it so much, I ended up getting a gen one from the Omega Boutique in NYC... An Omega has always been my grail watch and I finally bit the bullet and got one with some of the money my grandparents left me that I could have when I turned 45... That was almost a year ago... I finally decided to do something "for me"... This was it.

Of course now, all of my reps are sitting in my watch box glaring at me.. Or they're in a watch roll I've never unwrapped from that trip to NYC... The Speedy never leaves my wrist.. except when I'm taking a shower...

mG

triton

hi I am after a dsotm my self the one ive been looking at has a Seiko movement so I would have thought this to be very good is there anything else I should look out for before I order

gareth

Yes they are lovely enjoy them bud

mclarendude

very nice! I had the Moonwatch as well, very solid.

ready2rock

The next watch i want to have ;)

CRB

Being wearing the moonwatch a lot recently. I'm sure I've read that there are some suppliers on here that can replace the glass cover with a more domes one. Does anyone have a link to one based in the UK ? Cheers

shaunb84

Nice watch

Chanelton

FYI not sure of fit but there is a speedmaster bracelet on sale in m2m that has speedmaster engraved. Conus shipping.

nunu78

Being wearing the moonwatch a lot recently. I'm sure I've read that there are some suppliers on here that can replace the glass cover with a more domes one. Does anyone have a link to one based in the UK ? Cheers

Kenny is your man but he is based in Slovakia.