Sign in to follow this  
Batespcm

Rolex what am I missing?

Kwt

I think if you have to ask yourself why you would like a Rolex then chances are you will never understand why you don't "get" them.

A lot of their designs are boring but just classic and a lot of them would stand the test of time. A submariner I think would look good 100 years from now. I don't think you could say that about a lot of watches.

I asked my mate the other day who knows nothing about watches and said do you know what an Omega is....he was like what the hell is that. I was like lol but you know what a Rolex is right..........he was like yeah of course....everyone know what that is!....

Says it all.

Edited by Kwt

MikeAlmighty

I like some of them, they are just dead last on my list to get

mitchbaria

Here's your answer and solution:

250314024_zpslhwndlm_edit_1407707552197_zpsucsjahgc.jpg

Need I say more?

Batespcm
Here's your answer and solution:

250314024_zpslhwndlm_edit_1407707552197_zpsucsjahgc.jpg

Need I say more?

Nice

MBR2014

A couple of years ago I was of a similar position- I was a Breitling guy, through and through. But tastes change, and I find myself feeling, as someone above pointed out, that my collection isn't "complete" without a Rolex in the mix. Not planning on an immediate purchase, but I am warming up. ;) (coincidentally enough, a couple of days ago I stumbled across someone selling a two-tone Tudor that I ALMOST grabbed on an impulse. Had it not been for the fact I have 2 incoming that haven't even arrived yet, I might have joined the "family" already...)

NFleischer

It's true that they are overpriced and now make a lot of crazy styles to suit rich Russian mobsters.

Still the Rolex DJ and Sub/GMT are classic designs that always look good on everybody, also does not change with different clothing

styles. They look good with a tux or a bathing suit. Yes, they are not very big-except the DSSD, which I don't like much but they seem to look right all the time.

The 36mm DJ still does not seem that small on most men unless they are huge.

How can someone say this is not a great watch??

DSCN0255_zps6dfef80d.jpg