Sign in to follow this  
webking185

IWC Portofino

webking185

just received my IWC portofino last week with an asian ETA 2892. do you need to wind this up everyday?

i wear the watch daily and figured it would run without an issue, however, it stops every morning.

anyone having this issue? am i doing something wrong? do i need wind it up every morning with 30 spins?

thanks

ryaku

It happens frequently with reps.

wqleow

just received my IWC portofino last week with an asian ETA 2892. do you need to wind this up everyday?

i wear the watch daily and figured it would run without an issue, however, it stops every morning.

anyone having this issue? am i doing something wrong? do i need wind it up every morning with 30 spins?

thanks

I have a portofino with a 2892 mvt and it runs beautifully. Power reserve is good. Once it's on my wrist, I don't have to wind it at all even after leaving it on the table overnight.

Your movement might be dry and maybe the rotor is not winding properly. Get a watch smith to check it out.

Daywatch

Sometimes the movement just needs "to be broken in" and You need to build up power reserve, so I would try to give it a wind and use it a day giving the wrist a lot of shakes to see if it improves.

<RJ>

A full wind every morning and dead again next morning is not so good. Even if you didnt wear it. Do you move your arm frequently during the day? If so it usually never stops. You could always get more watches in rotation to minimise the issue :)

JSJ

My 2892 Portofino has a great power reserve. No need to wind.

Does yours stop at a certain time each day?

If you hand wind it 40 times and leave it off your wrist, how long does it last?

webking185

i move my arms all day. i would assume once its winded, it could be used every day as my daily watch without winding, however, maybe im doing something wrong :)

Edited by webking185

PhillyRock

People who do not move very much have trouble "powering up" the reserve. You need to animate yourself a little more to wind it.

webking185

My 2892 Portofino has a great power reserve. No need to wind.

Does yours stop at a certain time each day?

If you hand wind it 40 times and leave it off your wrist, how long does it last?

i wind up everyday, and it stops at 9am next day. 24hr cycle

BentleySharp

Sometimes the movement just needs "to be broken in" and You need to build up power reserve, so I would try to give it a wind and use it a day giving the wrist a lot of shakes to see if it improves.

:fme:

webking185

25 hrs run time and needs winding again