Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

Can we get rid of this piece of shit quickly please?

JohnG

I have Rolex's telephone number for their HQ. I'll contact them later tonight as it's 3 am in Geneva.

:thumbsup:

TheInthusiest

I have Rolex's telephone number for their HQ. I'll contact them later tonight as it's 3 am in Geneva.

:thumbsup:

I also have their copyright and legal teams number too. I'll give that a shot first. Hopefully the sale is still up, either way. Im forwarding them information plus some screen caps of the seller. :)

TheInthusiest

About to give Rolex my first call. Maybe they respond. It's 8 am there so probably not.

If anyone has any more info it would help when I present to them.

trailboss99

Should be gone soon, I sent them a serve on twitter and that looks to have got their attention.

trailboss99
About to give Rolex my first call. Maybe they respond. It's 8 am there so probably not. If anyone has any more info it would help when I present to them.

I think the URL should be more than enough, it's an obvious fake. Let them know it has been reported many times due to threads on WUS and TRF.

diamante
Should be gone soon, I sent them a serve on twitter and that looks to have got their attention.

Well done TB!

trailboss99

Well done TB!

Well it's got the social media person's attention any way (when you complain on twitter and use the right hash tags lots of people see it so they take notice) so let us hope that compliance take action. All SM can do is pass it on with a note that it's gone public. Even if they don't a phone call to Rolex from TI should seal the deal.

TheInthusiest
About to give Rolex my first call. Maybe they respond. It's 8 am there so probably not. If anyone has any more info it would help when I present to them.

I think the URL should be more than enough, it's an obvious fake. Let them know it has been reported many times due to threads on WUS and TRF.

I have given them a call and I was referred to an email. Their legal team.

I'm going to make a little write up and will send them an email with links to both eBay and off the Rolex forum. I won't be giving them links here. That would be stupid. :lol:

TheInthusiest

Email has been sent to the legal team.

Now the waiting begins.

Chiquita Fanjita

Really can't believe eBay hasn't acted on this yet :facepalm: Hopefully Rolex will act swiftly and come down on the seller and eBay like a ton of bricks!

austinsom

Also reported FWIW. Perhaps each time they get a report, they start their 'detailed investigation' again :rolleyes:

JohnG

We still have a day to get this up to $30k.

Come on guys!

:)

RussP

Yeah..........let's bid it up and then not pay.

Is that the general idea ?

:D

TheInthusiest
Yeah..........let's bid it up and then not pay.

Is that the general idea ?

:D

Funny you should say that.

I was speaking to a buddy who is on the rolex forum. He was saying that they often bid up to extreme amounts and just not pay it. :lol:

Maybe this is the case here? Either way, these people and eBay are going to have their asses kicked by rolex if they decide to pursue this issue.

Hopefully my contact with their legal team is working. :)

JohnG

eBay doesnt allow negatives for buyers so all you get (if the seller comes after you) is a strike for non-paying-bidder. Sellers can set preferences to block buyers with two or more strikes (I have none). The day I get my first one I will start worrying. But when the auction ends and if I am the winner, I will send a message to the seller that I am going turn the case over to the police and Rolex for fraud investigation.

That usually dissuades them from bothering you.

:rofl:

And we are over 21k now. :Whistle:

Genius

I think a more interesting way to deal with this is the way mentioned by a member previously in this thread when they said they were going to pay by Amex and issue a chargeback! Whilst ebay and Rolex may not be willing to act on this matter, if there is a credit card company that ends up becoming involved they will absolutely string the seller up for trying to defraud them! Sadly I have nowhere near the credit limit to make this happen

JohnG

Come on, someone bid!!! :lol: I can't do this alone

Cheesemonger

Wonder if the seller is already spending his money from looking at the high bids.

:)

JohnG

I wonder if he has guessed what is going on yet? :lol:

Bidding at US $22,137.17

Genius

Bidding at US $22,137.17

Not a bad price if you got all 4 watches that are shown in the pictures (if they were gen) judging from the photos tho the seller doesn't even own the rep and will be posting out a brick to the lucky winner should they pay

JohnG

If I win I am going to contact the Decatur, Georgia Police and tell them I just won a watch on eBay but that I have been told (after the fact) that the listing is fraudulent and how would they advise me to proceed?

I will cc: this email to the seller.

Higs

Bidding at US $22,137.17

I strongly suspect he/she has abandoned this listing some time ago.

Gazzla

As much fun as this is, I cannot honestly believe that ebay have still done fuck all. :popcorn:

Genius

If I win I am going to contact the Decatur, Georgia Police and tell them I just won a watch on eBay but that I have been told (after the fact) that the listing is fraudulent and how would they advise me to proceed?

I will cc: this email to the seller.

Good work. Hope you win