Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

Can we get rid of this piece of shit quickly please?

fusion

Damn, that was a lot of fun! :rofl:

Note to self: stay tuned for eBay user johnstst-7756's next auction - check this link from time to time: http://www.ebay.com/...5&_trksid=p3692 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Given his probable history of using new fake account names, I'd try to watch for anything coming out of Decator, GA.

That said, there's still a chance he's going to get snatched up. The jurisdiction in these kinds of cases is typically Federal, though state prosecution is not uncommon. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason ebay was slow to react and let it run was to give law enforcement time to trace everything before they shut him down and gave him time to delete shit. Having worked in some related areas, that's what we always did. By now, they could have easily traced his account to an ISP and then to other auction(s), obtained warrants for associated email traffic and paypal activity as well as a preservation request for all his internet activity. Then pull his ad because the evidence is secured. It's only been around 5 - 6 days and it takes 3 - 5 days sometimes to get ISPs to return information specified in the search warrant. JHMO though.

Edited by fusion

diamante

I wonder how he feels

ypuruqa4.jpg

psantos1091

Note to self: stay tuned for eBay user johnstst-7756's next auction - check this link from time to time: http://www.ebay.com/...5&_trksid=p3692 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Given his probable history of using new fake account names, I'd try to watch for anything coming out of Decator, GA.

That said, there's still a chance he's going to get snatched up. The jurisdiction in these kinds of cases is typically Federal, though state prosecution is not uncommon. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason ebay was slow to react and let it run was to give law enforcement time to trace everything before they shut him down and gave him time to delete shit. Having worked in some related areas, that's what we always did. By now, they could have easily traced his account to an ISP and then to other auction(s), obtained warrants for associated email traffic and paypal activity as well as a preservation request for all his internet activity. Then pull his ad because the evidence is secured. It's only been around 5 - 6 days and it takes 3 - 5 days sometimes to get ISPs to return information specified in the search warrant. JHMO though.

that's a lot of time and money spent on finding someone selling fake watches..

fusion

I wonder how he feels

ypuruqa4.jpg

If he goes to prison, that probably won't be the only thing goin up there.

fusion

that's a lot of time and money spent on finding someone selling fake watches..

Maybe, but it's what they (cops) do. It often boils down to how much damage is done. None of us know how much he's done. If someone close to you got stung for a couple $K, you be wanting justice and that's how it happens. I've seen a lot of manpower and money spent on trying to catch somebody shoplifting a few beers from the local grocery store. This isn't much more work until someone decides to prosecute. Then if the evidence is there, not much more to do. We only observed a couple of times we think this guy has done it in the past week. I don't assume for a minute he wasn't doing something similar last month, last year, whenever. And that was only ebay.

zero_deficit

There's a guy with the same username "johnstst" around the net but he is from Decorah, IA. Decatur/Decorah. Probably just a coincidence they're similar sounding?

TheInthusiest

Morning!

Rolex hasn't replied yet, but I did get a phone call from geneve asking about the piece.

Maybe they were able to do something. :D

StormyNight
I just messaged him asking what happened to the listing, is the Rolex still for sale?

:popcorn:

:D

LightGeek

Dammit, I was considering going to $29999.99. Oh well.

JohnG

It often boils down to how much damage is done. None of us know how much he's done. If someone close to you got stung for a couple $K, you be wanting justice and that's how it happens.

My guess is that he hasn't done much damage. I mean, this is the first time I have seen a special needs child trying to sell a fake Rolex - I don't see much of future for him in crime. Smart money says after this he will give up and get a job at McDonald's. :rofl:

My latest answer from him asking if the Rolex was still for sale:

yes it is still up how can't you find it

- johnstst-7756

A few minutes later:

sorry I don't see it either what happened

- johnstst-7756

So I asked if it is still for sale and how much he wants for it. Let's see if he still has that $25,000 number floating around in his head.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Realism

There's a guy with the same username "johnstst" around the net but he is from Decorah, IA. Decatur/Decorah. Probably just a coincidence they're similar sounding?

IA vs. GA... they are miles apart

fusion

It often boils down to how much damage is done. None of us know how much he's done. If someone close to you got stung for a couple $K, you be wanting justice and that's how it happens.

My guess is that he hasn't done much damage. I mean, this is the first time I have seen a special needs child trying to sell a fake Rolex - I don't see much of future for him in crime. Smart money says after this he will give up and get a job at McDonald's. :rofl:

My latest answer from him asking if the Rolex was still for sale:

yes it is still up how can't you find it

- johnstst-7756

A few minutes later:

sorry I don't see it either what happened

- johnstst-7756

So I asked if it is still for sale and how much he wants for it. Let's see if he still has that $25,000 number floating around in his head.

:rofl: :rofl:

I have no doubt he's a idiot, but even the idiots can do a lot of damage if given enough time and a little luck. While he may skate, the process in dealing w/ this sort of thing is pretty standard, at least in the US. Elsewhere, well I have a friend in Nigeria that has been in contact w/ me for several years now, but I've yet to get my money. :rofl:

JohnG

:rofl:

For posterity:

$_57.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_12.JPG

Gazzla

Great thread, John. Laughed like fuck over the last couple of days.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

BC1221

rofl.

is the watch still wrapped in plastic in the second pic?!?

i bet the face has a "AAA" sticker on it. :rofl:

fusion

Whose the sock puppet? :lol:

Not me. I'm willing to roll the dice and play along.

fe22ari

Fuck. He's a member!!!!!

fusion

If it is truly him, it's apparent he's not big on reading so maybe he'll hang around to provide some additional entertainment.

PhillyRock

Lets ask if he had any bad experiences with eBay auctions. :giggle:

Cheesemonger

Hey with that $25k, he can peruse m2m and buy quite a bit.

:)

Cheesemonger

And with $25k, I could get....

monakedhos2pg_zps35951b21.gif

Baldrick

The hypocrisy......sanctimony and ardour with which some of you guys have pursued this issue......astonishes me......I don't know why tho'.......it's no less than expected :B):

fusion

I ask you, exactly how often does an opportunity like this come along? Not often me thinks.