Sign in to follow this  
histog

Silix

histog

Hi, having ordered 2 watches from Reg my son now wants a PO.

but him being 15 im not keen on the idea of spending much and came accross Silix site selling an orange 45PO for $29

and tho not a trusted dealer wondered on your oppinions of him as the price is ideal for what I want, or are their any trusted dealers with cheap watches for me to use??

http://www.silix-prime.com/ome113-p-2435.html

thanx :lol:

AllergyDoc

I've ordered from Silix before, a couple of years ago. Three watches were fantastic. One was really bad.

I wouldn't hesitate buying a cheapo from them, as long as you don't have high expectations. I think their EMS shipping is more than that watch, though. I'd go for the air mail.

histog

thanx, its $16 to UK, thats a total of £29 in real money :damn_the_colonials: haha...

think Ill go and order it as I also want a cheap watch to tinker with and find out how they work etc

and know doubt it will also serve this purpose in a couple of weeks he will have broke it or novelty has worn off lol

also be nice to compare it to the PO Iv ordered for myself

turnipz

Ive read about their horrible quality on another rep forum. Some guy got a bunch of orange ones for a wedding.

colin

I have had 4 watches from Silix......All fine fast post no probs :lol:

greg_r

Silix were pretty unreliable at one point but have improved a lot of late (largely due to Col working closely with them over at RWI). The main problem is that alongside the good stuff they sell rather a lot of junk. Provided you know what you're buying, however, they're pretty reliable and easy to do business with.

Del

If you want a decent cheapie then you should consider the $45 Sub from Times Shop ($55 delivered to the UK) - I bought one for my 15 year-old son and he loves it. It's already looking pretty worn after only about 2 months but is still working well - he hardly ever takes it off, including when he plays the drums (I thought the extra shocks from drumming might have killed it by now but so far it's surviving :thumbsup2:).

markeym3

Hey histog , if you do go for the orange PO I would be interested to see what you think , maybe a couple of pics too , if they seem ok then may be ok crimbo prezzies ....

histog
If you want a decent cheapie then you should consider the $45 Sub from Times Shop ($55 delivered to the UK) - I bought one for my 15 year-old son and he loves it. It's already looking pretty worn after only about 2 months but is still working well - he hardly ever takes it off, including when he plays the drums (I thought the extra shocks from drumming might have killed it by now but so far it's surviving :D).

Mmm nice ;) Id best wait till he comes over and show him them both, just hope he isnt like me cant make his mind up and wants both lol

dave47

I have purchased 4 watches from Jee @ Silix -- the monthly "specials" he runs. For the prices, you get a pretty good bargain. I purchased that specific Omega PO for $29.95 & it arrived relatively "quickly." It has a nice weight, decent detail for the cost, and keeps good time. Feels great on the wrist as well. The only "serious" flaw it had was on the bracelet latch: "seamaster" was spelled "Seamasteri." I've had a problem with just one watch, his Breitling Navitimer w/bullion. It kept time inconsistantly, so I emailed Jee who agreed to send me a replacement with apologies. My experiences with him have been just fine, and he is a Trusted Dealer over at RWI. IMHO, give him a try & see if you like. You can't go wrong with a $30 rep. (w/ $16 airmail shipping.)

dave

Hi, having ordered 2 watches from Reg my son now wants a PO.

but him being 15 im not keen on the idea of spending much and came accross Silix site selling an orange 45PO for $29

and tho not a trusted dealer wondered on your oppinions of him as the price is ideal for what I want, or are their any trusted dealers with cheap watches for me to use??

http://www.silix-prime.com/ome113-p-2435.html

thanx :)