Sign in to follow this  
dfq23

What do you guys think of Certina? - Possible purchase Pictured!

dfq23

Got £500 to spend on a watch for my birthday but some of it is on a Gemcheck card so limited to where I can spend it. Been having a browse and found this that I really like

CERTINA+DS-2+Chronograph+–+New+Model(Black+dial,+Leather+strap+and+green+details).jpg

Yes it's quartz but i'm really liking the green accents. Its got the new ETA precidrive chronometer quality movement (they do a limited edition version with a COSC cert as well) sapphire crystal with AR, super lume, water proof to 100m and on leather it is within my budget (prob see if I can get the bracelet from Swatch later)

So.... Certina..... any good?

HWG

You have found a brand I have not owned, but considered buying many times. They seem to be of decent quality (from what I read about the dive watches they make) So, if you like it, why not get it? The green accents are cool.

James.

500 quid to spend, get something better than a qtz.

have a browse on watchrecon.com

brum123

Hi - not seen before but think the green stitching in strap work great with green in watch ...if you like it go for it - certainly something different but still stylish

dfq23

500 quid to spend, get something better than a qtz.

have a browse on watchrecon.com

They don't take gemcheck

UmpaHimself

I really like that too. Looks nice and seems like it has all the features you would want. I say go for it.

dfq23

download1_zpsea6837bc.jpg

Here it is on a bracelet

ShovelnTC

I like it!

In watch collector circles full mechanical movements are preferred but personally I have no issue with Quartz and have both Quartz and full mechanical watches and in fact often wear a quartz simply as I don't have to set it every time I open the watch box.

Go for it!

dfq23

Mind made up I think! Order it on leather tomorrow and phone call to swatch in southampton to see how much a bracelet is for future reference. What do we think for a bracelet? £100?

Jooost

Really nice looking, but personally I would go for a automatic for that price... Anyhow, whatever you choice, enjoy it!

dfq23

Really nice looking, but personally I would go for a automatic for that price... Anyhow, whatever you choice, enjoy it!

All the autos I can get with the card in this price range are very very dull and these precidrive movements sound pretty cool

The promo video for it is here

Edited by dfq23

Much Doge

very green, much quartz ,WOW

nev848

Personally it has to be an Auto and for this sort of money the Tissot PRS 516 takes some beating. Tried this on the other day and was blown away by its quality.

Even has an ETA 2836-2 inside. You cannot go wrong. Around £370 on leather and £430 on stainless.

Shit I'm getting one for that price. :)

64d256a4d3b703533f7720dadf88784c_zps77cd0fda.jpg

Jooost

All the autos I can get with the card in this price range are very very dull and these precidrive movements sound pretty cool

The promo video for it is here

I find Ingersoll having some interesting auto's in a cheaper price range. They use Chinese auto's if I remember correctly. They also do a couple of models with different colors.

But I looked into the Certina (Precidrive), since I wasn't familiair with it. I think you will enjoy this if you buy it. It looks different (in a good way ;) ), en is reliable according to some reviews I've read. Looking forward to see a review once you get it!

dfq23

Nice insides to that Tissot and they are great build quality but the design is a bit bland

Markrfc
Personally it has to be an Auto and for this sort of money the Tissot PRS 516 takes some beating. Tried this on the other day and was blown away by its quality.

Even has an ETA 2836-2 inside. You cannot go wrong. Around £370 on leather and £430 on stainless.

Thats a cracker Nev.

JohnPilot

Looks great. I saw it in advertisments and was also thinking about buying this beauty.

Necromancer

A Certina was the watch that first got me really interested in watches.

One of my favourite TV shows as a kid was UFO by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson and the main character, Cmdr Ed Straker used to wear a Certina Certiday. It was a really cool looking watch back then in the 60's/70's and it was apparently gifted to him by Gerry and Sylvia.

He always wore it in real life too - actors name was Ed Bishop I believe.

I remember reading a story that it went for quite a lot when it was auctioned after his death.

Anyway, end of useless trivia, not sure about the quality of the modern day Certina but they were quite highly regarded back then.

Enjoy whatever you decide to go for.

mascot

i love certina.

nev848
Nice insides to that Tissot and they are great build quality but the design is a bit bland

There's also this one that is available in Quartz or with a Valjoux movement. Quartz is under £350

a99c57c995ca43553122ab41ab7704c3_zps5bfc3e89.jpg

nev848

Thats a cracker Nev.

Yes it is Mark. To get an ETA movement in a quality watch for under £400 is mental. This is on my next hit list.

dalboy

Normally i'd say " No way to spending that kind of money on a Ticka " .

Remember ..." Different strokes for different folks " . your happy , go for it .

Dal.

Kwt

I would get a Seiko Automatic or a Steinhart if I have £500 to spend. But go for the Certina if you like it!