Sign in to follow this  
Flakmonkey

New to reps, are any of these concidered good reps?

Flakmonkey

Im fairly new to replica watches, in fact these are my first. Ive just purchased a work friends entire replica collection, he has been in the hobby for 2 years but has moved to genuine watches. I thought it would give me a had start on my new hobby :)

I picked the lot up for £200, my question is was it worth it, are any of these considered good reps? I have very little information on any of them, the collection was brought as seen. I know one of them is called an "lmpo", and the octagon shaped one is a v3, the rest I haven't a clue! They all work though, all either manual wind or auto, no quartz.

The pics, (apologies for quality, just quick phone snaps):

2014_08_17_09_43_39.jpg2014_08_17_09_45_55.jpg2014_08_17_09_44_58.jpg2014_08_17_09_44_27.jpg2014_08_17_09_42_02.jpg2014_08_17_09_41_32.jpg2014_08_17_09_40_47.jpg2014_08_17_09_40_09.jpg2014_08_17_09_38_47.jpg2014_08_17_09_37_54.jpg

Did I get ripped off?

olly593

Holy Crap for £200 No, you got a Bargain

Edited by olly593

ShovelnTC

Wow you got a bargain there!

plankton

You did well! Really well!

scorpion

@ £20 each - either you are a lucky so and so or this is a big wind up.

k3rm87

Bloody hell mate, you got the bargain of the century!

That AP in itself.. woowAAA

Flakmonkey

Some of them do have quite a lot of wear and tear, the leather straps need replacing I think and the omega ones are scratched to hell in places.

I did think I got a good deal to be honest, I looked on a site my friend pointed me towards and they all seem to be $250+, except the one which it said was like $500+ which I think was a bit of bs.

GenTLe

I offer 400£ for the whole collection!!!

I can pay with Visa CC i dedicate to rep hobby:

e24a08d1c099eb450ed047f46d16e647.jpg

:giggle:

This guy should have won the lottery to let them go so cheap... Or had some source we don't know...

Please ask him how did he sourced them...

dalboy

200 Sobs !!

Your having a laugh .. Surprised you need to ask.

Name and address of your mate please . wanna make sure i'm around when he sells his Gens . :lol: .

Dal.

Flakmonkey

Lol, I don't think he won the lottery but I didn't ask. +as far as I know they were just brought online over the space of a couple of years, he would always turn up at work wearing something new.

He does have family in the Philippines, I think some may have been brought back when he went to visit.

The Web site he showed me was http://www.pure-time.com

GenTLe

Yep, that's Angus's site, a trusted dealer on other replica forums :)

Anyway, to get the real values of the watches you should know what movements they have inside. An asian Eta clone is a thing, a cheap DG2813 is a different story.

Genius

Yeah as everyone said so far it was a really good price! If you want to sell any of them on I want them all lol

Flakmonkey
Anyway, to get the real values of the watches you should know what movements they have inside. An asian Eta clone is a thing, a cheap DG2813 is a different story.

Sadly not sure on the movements, apparently though the chronograph one has a genuine breitling rotor on it (he said it was quieter than the original)+ the breitling with the blue seconds hand has a genuine strap apparently.

To be honest, as far as value I'm not too fussed, as long as I've not been screwed I'm happy :)

GenTLe

An easy way to get the movement inside is to install the free version of the Clock Tuner app on your smartphone, not 100% sure about the free one but it should tell you if the watches are beating at 21600BPH or at 28800BPH. In the second case they're most probably ETA clones and so good ones!

Not That Rich

You got a Bargain - I would give your mate a big drink !

Genius
You got a Bargain - I would give your mate a big drink !

I think you owe him a few! The gen strap is probably worth the full £200 everything else you got is a bonus Anne a big one at that. Do some reading on the forum and you well realise how Good a deal you actually got!

Adezo

Really a bargain. Hoping to see the Omega in M2M soon :)

Flakmonkey

This is a pic my friend emailed me of the inside of that breitling chronograph that supposedly has a genuine rotor:

2014_07_14_09_46_58.jpg

I might have a look on ebay for some caseback tools to open up the rest and see whats inside :)

Genius

Get yourself a sticky ball cost about a quid and open 99% of screw down watch backs

mostling

Even if they all would have low beat movements you got a great deal for what you paid.

Mystery Shopper

Hello & welcome & you already have enough to post in the "My Collection' thread. :D

Flakmonkey
Even if they all would have low beat movements you got a great deal for what you paid.

Well I've installed the clock tuner app, had to pay to get it to show the beat. But tested each one, results were:

All 28800 except the 2 panerai ones that were 21600

From this I take it that 28800 is "good" high beat and the 2 panerai ones (21600) are the not so good low beat.

Edited by Flakmonkey

Much Doge

bargain bargain bargain bargain bargain bargain bargain bargain bargain bargain bargain bargain bargain bargain bargain bargain

norrie

That's about $2500 worth of reps. Something doesn't add up. Stolen goods or does someone have a meth problem?

Flakmonkey

Well I could ask him if he has a meth problem, but he's my boss, or at least higher up the chain than me so probably wouldn't take it well :)

+There's no way he stole them, just not that sort of guy, and I sure as hell didn't so I think we are good on that front :)

He brought himself a genuine Oris a few weeks back, since then he has lost interest in replicas from what I gathered.

Edited by Flakmonkey