Sign in to follow this  
Flakmonkey

New to reps, are any of these concidered good reps?

mostling
Even if they all would have low beat movements you got a great deal for what you paid.

Well I've installed the clock tuner app, had to pay to get it to show the beat. But tested each one, results were:

All 28800 except the 2 panerai ones that were 21600

From this I take it that 28800 is "good" high beat and the 2 panerai ones (21600) are the not so good low beat.

That sounds about right, handwound Panerais are usually 21600, so all good there, you won't notice the difference on the small seconds hands.

As said, you got a hell of a deal on those watches.

Edited by mostling

dalboy

Where are you based ?

For someone that is new to reps you seem to have acquired more knowledge than the average noob , must have done some serious reading .. and was you boss who sold you the collection ever a member here..

Dal.

Flakmonkey

Im UK based.

I've done a hell of a lot of reading :)

Mostly just looking on sites recommended to me and this forum.

I have had mechanical watches before but nothing special.

And yes, it was my friend that pointed me toward this site as well as repgeek.com, he is still a member as far as I know. I've learnt a lot in a short time. Although I suspect I still have a lot to learn.

Edited by Flakmonkey

dalboy

Im UK based.

And yes I've done a hell of a lot of reading :)

And yes, it was my friend that pointed me toward this site as well as repgeek.com, he is still a member as far as I know. I've learnt a lot in a short time. Although I suspect I still have a lot to learn.

Just asking !

Enjoy your collection mate . no doubt the numbers will swell now your here. . Nice to see a Noob that Actually reads . Most dont !

Dal.

Flakmonkey

Im UK based.

Just asking !

Enjoy your collection mate . no doubt the numbers will swell now your here. . Nice to see a Noob that Actually reads . Most dont !

Dal.

Sorry man, my post did come across as a little sarcastic, didn't mean it to sound that way :)

I'm looking forward to adding to the collection, i really want the stainless steel version of the audemars piguet one. Seen one on puretime, will do my research before i buy.

dalboy

Im UK based.

Just asking !

Dal.

Sorry man, my post did come across as a little sarcastic, didn't mean it to sound that way :)

I'm looking forward to adding to the collection, i really want the stainless steel version of the audemars piguet one. Seen one on puretime, will do my research before i buy.

Puretime is not a Trusted Dealer here , he is next door .

I'd strongly suggest that given your membership here you stick to one of the dealers on the list , they can all source the same stock.

Dal.

Flakmonkey

Cheers for the heads up. I will limit my shopping to the trusted dealers :)

dalboy

Cheers for the heads up. I will limit my shopping to the trusted dealers :)

Advisable !

By doing so should you ever encounter any problems you are safe in the knowledge that contacting one of our Mods will normally resolve any issues .

McJules

Welcome aboard mate!

You surely got a deal with the lot!!

To my eyes, these are all good reps!!

But... your superocean with blue hand is ugly...

You should sell it to me :D

Welcome and enjoy you'r stay! It's a wonderful place to be

dalboy

Welcome aboard mate!

You surely got a deal with the lot!!

To my eyes, these are all good reps!!

But... your superocean with blue hand is ugly...

You should sell it to me :D

Welcome and enjoy you'r stay! It's a wonderful place to be

Funny that !

I was gonna tell him just how ugly his U1 was ,, but i'd force myself to wear it :lmao:

Dal.

Flakmonkey

Lol... vultures :)

McJules

lol no no no, we're honnest members :)

Hence, i will offer you 50 quids for it :D

on a more serious note, you really have an amazing collection to be proud of!

Wait 'till you hit m2m section and start to look at the watches for sale, you'll be doomed like us :facepalm:

PhillyRock

OP, you definitely have NOT been taken for a ride. Your friend gave you one HELL of a deal.

If you choose to pursue more Reps, I wouldn't suggest buying anything else from PURETIME, you're not guaranteed anything like you have in your possession.

We have a Trusted Dealer list here on site, and with these guys, your satisfaction is promised unlike that other site. Mods and Administration here have relationships

with the TD's so your best interest is always number one. Your friend may have also been burned by rep sites, (as it's common in the hobby) and haven't disclosed

that info.Good luck with your win-fall, and by the way.......go buy a few scratch off lottery tickets. because you seem to have a lucky cloud over your head!! :giggle:

Wriggles

Wind up. Or a sock. Or the seller is an idiot - which is not likely based on the collection

Not Quite Dead

I am afraid you have been totally ripped off but I will refund you the £200 and take delivery of them all to make it up to you. I will even pay and pay the postage out of the goodness of my heart.

ssouthall6

If you don't like the yellow one I will happily take it off your hands at a fair and reasonable fee. Even if it is a BP shaped accident waiting to happen :D

parisianshut

Where are you based ?

For someone that is new to reps you seem to have acquired more knowledge than the average noob , must have done some serious reading .. and was you boss who sold you the collection ever a member here..

Dal.

i agree here. the noob is not that noob. he knows enough to tell if i got ripped off....

i think someone is building up a story just to have posts to answer to....

do you get rip off? Hell no! and you knew it before asking. anyone would have been happy with one of this watch for 200$ ...

even if i someone want to get out of the business, 200$ for 2300$ worth... your boss is either very bad at negociate or don't have money problems. he bought a ORIS... doesn't make sense to me. throwing 2300$ through the window and then buy a 900$ watch... doen't make sense at all.

you guys are blind or credulous.

futurama-fry-meme-generator-not-sure-if-credulous-or-just-trolling-6955a8.jpg

niff

0702f8a7a73560041a023164439df0f1e45ee1fb4737ebc2f3b301c5b1a2323e_zps7a0457cf.jpg

Must...... resist.............Stay.... happy ....for ..... other.... member.

Edited by niff

parisianshut
vm27zu.jpg

simey83

:suck:

Genius

I think the only way you can be 100% sure if you have got a good deal is to send all the watches to me.

I will wear each one on rotation for the next 5 years to fully test the quality of them for you then only once I am 100% sure of the quality of them I will send them back with a signed certificate of quality for you.

:rofl:

Gazzla

:suck:

Griffo

You can't even get value for money like that in prison! Good buy :)

gareth

I want the ap please £20 on route wheres the paypal address lol

StormyNight

Where are you based ?

Dal.

i agree here. the noob is not that noob. he knows enough to tell if i got ripped off....

i think someone is building up a story just to have posts to answer to....

do you get rip off? Hell no! and you knew it before asking. anyone would have been happy with one of this watch for 200$ ...

even if i someone want to get out of the business, 200$ for 2300$ worth... your boss is either very bad at negociate or don't have money problems. he bought a ORIS... doesn't make sense to me. throwing 2300$ through the window and then buy a 900$ watch... doen't make sense at all.

you guys are blind or credulous.

futurama-fry-meme-generator-not-sure-if-credulous-or-just-trolling-6955a8.jpg

This.

This thread is about as legit as Barbra2013's the other day...