Sign in to follow this  
Pentax

Is this dealer for good?

Pentax

I am in contact with this guy Heaton Zeng who has informed me that he has solid gold rep DJ's

He's web site is www.7perfectwatches.com

Has anyone purchased from him?

Tks

greg_r

Solid gold? I very much doubt it. Never heard of the site, but having taken a look, their descriptions scream "SCAM"

Honestly, stick to the trusted dealers. 99% of the sites you'll find on the web are ripoff merchants.

Pentax

Thanks Greg

:-)

trailboss99

Doesn't Jandrew have a SG DJ?

Pentax

Jandrew is Josh and Andrew? Trustytime etc...?

trailboss99

Yup, correct.

greg_r

hmm - maybe. He had a solid gold VC a while back - actually white gold. Damned expensive, but then it would be given that it's gold... (just ignore me, it's been a long day :D )

turnipz

I wasn't so impressed with the vacheron quality, wouldnt mind finding out how much it was though

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=5443

Actually went to their site, has this one with a "decorated rotor". Yet it looks nothing like the gen in the pictures, what is up with that. ><

Edited by turnipz

greg_r
I wasn't so impressed with the vacheron quality, wouldnt mind finding out how much it was though

Actually went to their site, has this one with a "decorated rotor". Yet it looks nothing like the gen in the pictures, what is up with that. ><

Don't confuse quality of materials with accuracy of rep. There's not necessarily any connection :D

tick tock

Don't confuse quality of materials with accuracy of rep. There's not necessarily any connection :)

+100 Just look at Ska's review on his JAEGER LeCOULTRE MASTER TOURBILLON 38mm :

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=7653

A superb quality fantasy watch!

sugaray

I was in contact with the same company a few years ago, and I saw suspecious about the solid gold thig as well...300usd for a solid yellow gold daytona...thats what kept me away from them

Pentax

The Company contacted me today again

He told me that he found the following DJ Reps

18K solid gold case and bracelet with secondhand original Rolex 3135 movement USD7500

18K solid gold case and bracelet with Swiss ETA 2836-2 movement USD5150

18K solid white gold case and bracelet with secondhand original Rolex 3135 movement USD7900

18K solid white gold case and bracelet with Swiss ETA 2836-2 movement USD5550

I am kind of interested I just sent him an email and told him that If its possible I would like to pick up the Watch from him directly

as I travel a lot to China I might consider buying the 18K Yellow with Swiss ETA

Is there any way that I can test the gold directly in front of him ??

sugaray

There is a kit you could buy that jewelers use. They take the piece of jewelry in question and rub it along a stone and pour a chemical on the stone. if the line turns a certin color then its gold.

Pentax
There is a kit you could buy that jewelers use. They take the piece of jewelry in question and rub it along a stone and pour a chemical on the stone. if the line turns a certin color then its gold.

Never heard of that I will ask arround and see if I can find something like that around thanks for the idea

Member X

I think this is asking for trouble...

If Robert hasn't heard of this dealer/seller I would be extremely wary.

Presumably you'd be paying cash? It wouldn't take much to get you into a small room with no windows then pull several large blades on you to get you to hand it over and walk out with nothing...

NFleischer

yes there are gold testing kits as described. but i would be very wary- they're asking alot of money and unless you are a jeweler

you will be hard pressed to tell the authenticity of the mov't. I'd rather spend that kind of money at a regular dealer and buy a second hand gen. the rep will never hold anything like the value of a gen.

Luthier

Solid gold, or wrapped gold - test will say "It's gold!", so, it's all bullshit.

Pentax

Thanks to all for the tips I think that I have saved my self trouble

the mick
Solid gold, or wrapped gold - test will say "It's gold!", so, it's all bullshit.

You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!

sugaray

For that price you could get a used rolex president let alone a stainless new one

Pentax

I have a gen rolex ss but I want a solid gold one prices of solid gold ones are 9K<