Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

NEW ARRIVAL: Rose Gold Nautilus Chrono on Leather

Bulldog72

No Pateks were on my list then I had to see this thread. That watch is beautiful DC.

_DC_
Haha, you won't be disappointed Ish, it's superb, accept the strap which is fairly average, but I'm sorting that come pay day with one of these....

http://www.lpvbespokeleather.com/watch-straps/patek-philippe-nautilus/classic/godiva-brown-dark

It's gonna be epic!

DC

You sir, are very welcome :thumbsup:

#boatshoes&hoes

Indeed, thanks for the heads up on these guys, reasonably priced too considering they are gen Aligator leather, though I'd preferably gen croc, I'll see how funds pan out but the availability of gen Patek or OEM straps is limited so might not have that option!

DC

Ishmael

Hey DC, couple quick questions. You said you got yours from PC; I just looked at Josh's sale page and noticed that the DWO on the page itself is white-on-black, but the QC pics he has available are the opposite, which matches the one you got. Toro (from whom I'm getting mine) also has the white-on-black DWO. To your knowledge, are there two different versions of this watch? Also, would you expect the dial, no matter which version I get (if there are indeed two), to have the same characteristic color fade from light to dark going to the edges? Dealer page pics really suck when trying to suss out details like that, so I thought I'd ask the Patek King. ;)

mrtsumoto80

Exactly what ive been looking for?

Now, the cons please? I mean besides the bracelet? how about functions?

Ishmael

Exactly what ive been looking for?

Now, the cons please? I mean besides the bracelet? how about functions?

Main chrono seconds hand works, but the sub-dial minute/hour hands are fixed. See the posts above this.

Mr Happy

Hey DC, couple quick questions. You said you got yours from PC; I just looked at Josh's sale page and noticed that the DWO on the page itself is white-on-black, but the QC pics he has available are the opposite, which matches the one you got. Toro (from whom I'm getting mine) also has the white-on-black DWO. To your knowledge, are there two different versions of this watch? Also, would you expect the dial, no matter which version I get (if there are indeed two), to have the same characteristic color fade from light to dark going to the edges? Dealer page pics really suck when trying to suss out details like that, so I thought I'd ask the Patek King. ;)

Beat me to it Ish - I was just about to ask the same question. The white DW with black font as one DC is sporting is correct to the gen. It seem the TD's are displaying perhaps a prototype model with incorrect DW configuration?

Ishmael
Beat me to it Ish - I was just about to ask the same question. The white DW with black font as one DC is sporting is correct to the gen. It seem the TD's are displaying perhaps a prototype model with incorrect DW configuration?

I just emailed Toro the same question so we'll see what he says. Often have I ordered a watch with one or two details that didn't match up, but end up getting whatever the cartels have produced, so I'd imagine what I get from Toro will match what DC got from Josh. Checking just to make sure of course.

_DC_

Ok, first up the DWO, the QC pics on Perfect Clones website match my watch because they are actually my QC pics, seems I was the first person to order one so they used them on their site. I noticed the difference from website but I didn't mention it because black numbers on white background is what the gen has, so I preferred it. I guess there must be two different rep DWOs and maybe it's pot luck which you get?! When it comes to the gen it's always black numbers on white background ACCEPT the black dial steel on bracelet version which is white on black!!

Secondly the dial, unfortunately in person the colour fade is not noticeable, though it shows up in photos. I think I actually went for the wrong one, I went for brown dial because the gen is quoted at being brown, but in reality the gen is far closer to a black colour so I wish I'd gone for that!! Neither brown or black dial reps are light enough in colour though!

So, my advice is to go for the black dial on brown leather to get closer to gen, but the brown dial is very pleasant, I'm just anal!!

DC

Ishmael

Here's the gen:

5980R_3_zps01b717e3.jpg

That doesn't look too far off from yours mate, at least in the pics. Even if the dial fade is underwhelming, there is something magical about rose gold and brown, especially with a brown croc strap (for example, the AP Don Ramon I have wet dreams about every night).

Mr Happy

patek-philippe-nautilus-series-5980r-001-men-s-4_zpsbd5c31ee.jpg

Another gen pic - aside from the dial fade it looks pretty good to me DC....

It's the combination I was hoping would be repped - stunning mate - wear it well.

adaptive

Yep, works, I have a variation. Love it...

12305282244_c9949a5265_b.jpg

this one is breathtaking!

alanArgon

You've captured my imagination superb watch - same question as roger 13 - how long will the rose gold plating last?

_DC_
You've captured my imagination superb watch - same question as roger 13 - how long will the rose gold plating last?

Well gents my crystal ball is in for a service so I can't help with that one I'm afraid!!

Lol

DC

alanArgon

Well gents my crystal ball is in for a service so I can't help with that one I'm afraid!!

Lol

DC

LOL

nev848

PP's have never interested me just not keen on the 1970's TV look of them.

But saying that this one looks very classy especially when suited and booted.

Could be tempted by this one myself.

Daywatch

It´s simply fabulous in combination with a suit. Absolutely stunning. Have to look it up now.

Shaqv2

In case anyone was pining for the signature stance complete with boat shoes (in blue suede no less) here's the new girl out and about in more casual attire, tatts and all!

7312F76B-541F-416A-87DD-5466983C4405_zpshezw6kyr.jpg

DC

Be honest! Your Ed Sheeran, right? :q5:

Ed-Sheeran-Patek-Philippe-Nautilus_zpsbe372eb4.jpg

bech312

Rose gold and brown is a winner combo!

daddyof2

This is the only Patek that the sales assistant had to practically prize from my wrist in the AD.

It is truly breathtaking to see, let alone try on but if this rep is half as impressive, at 1% if the price, I can live with that, at least until I can afford the gen.

Post some shots when you get your new strap though please.....

_DC_

In case anyone was pining for the signature stance complete with boat shoes (in blue suede no less) here's the new girl out and about in more casual attire, tatts and all!

7312F76B-541F-416A-87DD-5466983C4405_zpshezw6kyr.jpg

DC

Be honest! Your Ed Sheeran, right? :q5:

Ed-Sheeran-Patek-Philippe-Nautilus_zpsbe372eb4.jpg

Ed Sheeran owns an Annual Calendar Nautilus?!

Boys got taste!!!

DC

_DC_
This is the only Patek that the sales assistant had to practically prize from my wrist in the AD.

It is truly breathtaking to see, let alone try on but if this rep is half as impressive, at 1% if the price, I can live with that, at least until I can afford the gen.

Post some shots when you get your new strap though please.....

Will do mate, it's on it's way from the US so should be here within a week or two, can't freakin wait!!

You just joined here from RepGeek?!?

DC

daddyof2

Hey bud, yes....RG is down again so need to get my hourly fix. Hahaha.

I have been after this for longer than I can remember but I think yours has reignigted the fire again.

What chances of getting the right DW from the factory?

Duzza

I have been after this for longer than I can remember but I think yours has reignigted the fire again.

Just ask and you will receive. I genuinely don't think the balck date wheel version exists beyond a few pre production prototypes.

_DC_

Just ask and you will receive. I genuinely don't think the balck date wheel version exists beyond a few pre production prototypes.

My learned friend is correct, all actual production watches I've seen have correct coloured date wheel so don't worry about it!!!

DC

daddyof2

That's great to know mate, thanks for that.

Christmas present sorted then it seems, lol.

Have a great week buddy.