Sign in to follow this  
Escapizm

Will my DSSD pass the test with gen owners

Hornet

How about just coming straight out with it and say "What do you think of my DSSD rep?". With the follow up of "It only cost a fraction of what you guys paid for the gens".

nlnlnlnene

How about just coming straight out with it and say "What do you think of my DSSD rep?". With the follow up of "It only cost a fraction of what you guys paid for the gens".

what's the point?

it would be better to not wear any watch.

you can't deny that there is a lot of stigma associated with wearing a replica product of any kind.

Instead of judging each other on morality of fronting, perhaps everyone should be reminded that this is a replica forum and even if you tell everyone that you're wearing replicas, it's still an illegal counterfeit product made by sweat shop laborers in Guangzhou or whatever.

Hornet

Why on a rep forum nobody answers questions about accuracy but instead focuses on judging others for posing I will never understand.

Not all rep owners are miserly poor people driving Toyotas.

And rich people drive Toyotas too.

Do you drive a Toyota?

Lol no.

But my family member drives a Toyota and he's got a lot more money than me.

Warren buffet drives some old used America car.

Obviously people have different spending patterns.

Judging another person's income on a rep forum is irony at its best.

Unfortunately judging people by the clothes they wear or the car they drive is human nature......

i totally agree with you except that this is a rep forum and there was really no need to get into whether he could pull off the DSSD.

let's face it. DSSD is not unattainable for most middle class people.

if we were discussing a Lange Datograph rep or a platinum Daytona (or even any APs) then I would agree that we should focus on whether he has the car and everything to pull that off credibly.

But the DSSD accuracy question is a valid question in the context of a rep forum.

Nope, I think that it was very correct to poke around in the subject of whether he could pull it off or not, just for the comedy value.......

.......and as to whether a DSSD is obtainable for most middle class people is another question entirely; I could buy one but it would be an utter waste of money (in my personal view).

neosliver

Personally I would go with Hornet's suggestion.

If you are concerned with image among your group, what would make you look worse lying to them and passing it off as gen and potentially getting caught in that lie; or being straight with them and touting the virtues of the awesome rep you picked up?

nlnlnlnene

I will soon be going offshore with a load of bubble heads* these guys earn £1500 ($3000) /day and many own real DSSD’s and drive Lamborghinis (those that are not on there 4th marriage!). Can I expect to be called out with my BK Noob DSSD without its AR coating on the glass (I heard the gen has this).

Other than that its pretty perfect, if yes where can I get mine AR coated?

*Bubble head = saturation deeps sea diver

Someone must have a side-by-side between rep and gen.

Here it is

f-vs-g.jpg

http://www.replica-w...ead.php?t=83845

DSC_0715.jpg

http://www.breitling...php?f=5&t=22684

image_zpsda43412c.jpg

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=65995

IMG_2100_zps09c235c1.jpg

http://www.rwgforum....k-1-comparison/

Honestly I can't tell.

Edited by nlnlnlnene

nlnlnlnene

.......and as to whether a DSSD is obtainable for most middle class people is another question entirely; I could buy one but it would be an utter waste of money (in my personal view).

DSSD is certainly not implausible for most people unless they are are low level employees, although even if that were the case, they could have family money.

DSSD is safe enough to pass the "plausibility" test for most, I think.

Hornet

what's the point?

it would be better to not wear any watch.

you can't deny that there is a lot of stigma associated with wearing a replica product of any kind.

Instead of judging each other on morality of fronting, perhaps everyone should be reminded that this is a replica forum and even if you tell everyone that you're wearing replicas, it's still an illegal counterfeit product made by sweat shop laborers in Guangzhou or whatever.

What is the point in any of this I constantly ask myself nlnlnlnene.........

.......I don't think that there is a lot of stigma with wearing a rep/fake/counterfeit watch, every person who has ever asked about my watches has been amazed and intrigued that such good quality reps exist (and tend to want to know where to get them.....). I think collecting reps is 'cool' (sorry for the use of that word, couldn't think of a better one....), because I don't have to spend a fortune to have fantastic looking watches.

Hornet

Personally I would go with Hornet's suggestion.

If you are concerned with image among your group, what would make you look worse lying to them and passing it off as gen and potentially getting caught in that lie; or being straight with them and touting the virtues of the awesome rep you picked up?

Exactly, lie and look like a dickhead, tell the truth and start an interesting conversation about how accurate (or not) your rep is against the real deal.....

nlnlnlnene

Well Hornet, I think the "point" is different for everyone.

People buy reps for the same reasons that people buy watches like DSSD.

If I had to guess, most people who buy reps probably do so haphazardly for display of (fake) wealth without thinking too much into it.

Some people also appreciate the engineering in some high-end watches but that can't be the case for replicas.

Maybe you will say that it's design but then why not buy homage watches?

I think it's a bit disingenuous to judge others for passing off reps as gens when clearly that is the dominant central premise of rep.

I don't think lying is a good idea either but most likely people won't comment on your watch anyway.

No stranger has ever commented on my watches except at watch shops.

Edited by nlnlnlnene

Baldrick

Why on a rep forum nobody answers questions about accuracy but instead focuses on judging others for posing I will never understand.

Of course you won't understand.....you've been here for a grand total of 1,324 days....and you've managed 29 posts.....no doubt all of them contributing significantly to the wealth of knowledge and betterment of the forum.....you are at best........a NOOB !!!

Not to mention that there is....................... NO ACCURACY INVOLVED :B):

nlnlnlnene

Of course you won't understand.....you've been here for a grand total of 1,324 days....and you've managed 29 posts.....no doubt all of them contributing significantly to the wealth of knowledge and betterment of the forum.....you are at best........a NOOB !!!

Not to mention that there is....................... NO ACCURACY INVOLVED :B):

I post on RWI and repgeek mostly.

Banterbay
Escapizm,

I would just wear it. If anyone asks you about the watch (they won't), just say it is fake. They will look at it, and they won't believe you. You will INSIST, and then they will all pass it around and be FUCKING AMAZED that there are replicas that good.

An awesome rep is MUCH more interesting than a gen.

Trust me on this.

:thumbsup:

+1000! :)

Trust John on this one! Don't be ashamed..you spent $600 on a beautiful watch! Make a couple jokes and whatnot and they'll respect you a lot more for it than trying to pass it off as gen ;)

+1

Baldrick

Ahhh...primary school !!!

Daywatch

Just take it along with the sub or a Seiko, depending on how the guys are (or not) put it on (or not). Pro divers are an easy, helpful and fun crowd - sure would be interesting to have their opinion on a look-alike toolwatch - but I´m pretty sure they´ll put it to a test - for fun and curiosity - lets see what happens:)

Hornet

If I had to guess, most people who buy reps probably do so haphazardly for display of (fake) wealth without thinking too much into it.

Some people also appreciate the engineering in some high-end watches but that can't be the case for replicas.

I think it's a bit disingenuous to judge others for passing off reps as gens when clearly that is the dominant central premise of rep.

I don't think lying is a good idea either but most likely people won't comment on your watch anyway.

I think that you are making some sweeping generalisations here about why people buy reps. I don't think that there are many people on here that buy reps just because they want to pretend to be wealthy.......

nlnlnlnene

I did not realize that this was an exclusive society.

Duzza

Wear it and find out?

Escapizm

I will soon be going offshore with a load of bubble heads* these guys earn £1500 ($3000) /day and many own real DSSD’s and drive Lamborghinis (those that are not on there 4th marriage!). Can I expect to be called out with my BK Noob DSSD without its AR coating on the glass (I heard the gen has this).

Other than that its pretty perfect, if yes where can I get mine AR coated?

*Bubble head = saturation deeps sea diver

Someone must have a side-by-side between rep and gen.

Here it is

f-vs-g.jpg

http://www.replica-w...ead.php?t=83845

DSC_0715.jpg

http://www.breitling...php?f=5&t=22684

image_zpsda43412c.jpg

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=65995

IMG_2100_zps09c235c1.jpg

http://www.rwgforum....k-1-comparison/

Honestly I can't tell.

Great selection of reviews there!

Hornet

I did not realize that this was an exclusive society.

Not exclusive, you just have wait until you are old enough.......

Jamjam

I think that you are making some sweeping generalisations here about why people buy reps. I don't think that there are many people on here that buy reps just because they want to pretend to be wealthy.......

I agree with you Hornet, as I know some one who can buy nearly any Gen watch but desides to were Reps! I commented on his watch once and he told me it was fake straight away, when I askt why he bought a rep and he said because there just as good as a gen anyway and no one ever called him out!

Bristol1

who's the fool? guy who pretends its a gen......or guy who pays to much for a brand name !!

Hornet

who's the fool? guy who pretends its a gen......or guy who pays to much for a brand name !!

Both! Now the guy that buys a rep and says it's a rep is the wise man.......

Bristol1

agreed! although the hotties don't go ......oh your so wise with your money.

Hornet

agreed! although the hotties don't go ......oh your so wise with your money.

Eh? :Thinking:

Lagger

Wear your gen tissot and avoid any conversation about watches