Sign in to follow this  
black263

What do you understand the term 1:1 means.

Mach25

Seldom have i seen 1:1 to be an exact copy..... But i have always taken it to mean it is a copy (some better than others) of a real watch model as opposed to being a fantasy piece.

masmannan

I took 1:1 meaning the factory purchased a gen to create their rep. Thereby giving buyer confidence of accuracy.

As we now conclude its just bs.

BentleySharp

Sorry, I meant Silverspeed - here is the link: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=4021

thanks Richard. I was actually looking at the sale page for that rep on trusty's site the other day... I came to the conclusion that for that price point, you cold spend a few hundred more dollars and get a used gen, but damned if that isn't the most accurate rep I've seen... Though that would make sense if the rumours were true and it was assembled from Cartier factrory rejected gen parts :D ...So this Santos is possibly the ONLY rep I've seen deserving of the 1:1 designation.

So to the OP's topic...

1:1 means to be an exact copy. Exact same dimensions. Same materials. Same finishing. etc... So that the final product is indistinguishable from the original.

BUT! (and that's a big but) this is not how the term is used. It's just another sales technique to dupe people who don't know better into buying a product.

dalboy

I always understood 1.1 to Mean .." Fuck All "

Much like AAA+ Grade , along with Swiss made ..Along with all the other marketing Hype they feed us .

I'm not sure who is more naive, the dealers who tell us this shit , or the buyer who believes it !

Dal.

Frankt8242

Just another bullshit term like synthetic sapphire, 5 mil gold, Swiss ETA, etc that our Asian friends use to try to sell us stuff...Pay it no heed... :itchyandscratchy:

Indigo38

all it really means is BUY ME

+1

Kernow

1:1 means that noobs will spend more money ......

Oh wait, yeah, me too :(

Frankt8242

what do you mean by synthetic sapphire? Are saying these is no such thing?

http://www.gia.edu/g...thetic-Sapphire

Just another bullshit term like synthetic sapphire, 5 mil gold, Swiss ETA, etc that our Asian friends use to try to sell us stuff...Pay it no heed... :itchyandscratchy:

No question, but usually, in the replica world, it refers to plain glass!!

plankton

The later.

narikaa

1:1

=

"You crazee gwailow, you speek too mhucth, you tink too mhucth, you wan heer how good toy watch is, is one to one same you wan buy. Make exacly rite by my factree is better than AAA best quality, this numba 1 you buy now you crazee gwailow"

Or so my Guangzhou Travel Phrase Book says

;)

mitchbaria

1:1

=

The term used by Puretime to describe all the watches they have available...which is ALL in STOCK until you pay then some "not available" but "ALL STILL 1:1" ...

Not Quite Dead

Buy 1 Get 1 (unless customs interfere then it is buy 1 pay shipping twice get 1)

Daywatch

1:1 means the factory bought an existing rep of that watch and copied it including all its flaws and wrong letterings.

Just wait for the next factory to copy/release the new version of the IWC Chrono, the grey SPITEIRE (Intime is a TD on RWI)

1530-12913-thickbox.jpg

MadButcher

"AAA+++", "SWISS made replica", "SWISS grade copy" are all well known bullshits here. I wonder - if we will now compromise "1:1 copy" too, what next new bullshit description will dealers invent to make more profit from noobs?

JohnG

As has been said, it is a marketing term.

Literally, it means a perfect copy. In practice, it means (at best) a really good copy.