Sign in to follow this  
jung

New to rep, new naut 5711

jung

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post.

This isnt much of a review, i just want to show off the watch which i have recently purchased from MR.

Nautilus 5711 sw200-1.

So far it is keeping great time and i love the size, it fits my 6'25-6'5 wrist perfectly with few links removed.

Now thinking of purchasing Aquanaut for my next purchase B)

e9e8a8aq.jpguqypa2ab.jpgeda9ajus.jpgezegejeb.jpgajezujev.jpgpu2eqahy.jpg5ybunebe.jpgyty6a6u7.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the pictures. Taken from Samsung Note 3

PhillyRock

Very nice for a first purchase.

Make sure you look into movements and what is inside of the Aquanaut you select.

jung

Yeah, i have thoroughly researched on the movement for this watch and i though sw200-1 would be the best.

It is either aquanaut or omega planet ocean next.

this is going to be an expensive hobby.....

PhillyRock

this is going to be an expensive hobby.....

You sir, have it 100% correct.

I sometimes think Drugs would be a cheaper past time. HAAHAHAHA

jung

Make money to spend money......on watches.....i am now saying goodbye to my future holidays

BentleySharp

Nope. It's crap. You bought a crap watch and you were ripped off. Sorry...

...You shouldn't have to deal with the grief of seeing it any longer. You had better send it straight over to me so I can get rid of it for you :D

jung

Haha good one. When i feel the grief then i will let you know about it.

_DC_

A fantastic start to your collection Sir, and the Aquanaut would be a superb way to continue! You will find the Aquanaut is the most comfortable watch you will ever wear, it's wonderful!! Mine says hello...

FD23CC40-0B29-4FA6-9773-7BE9DD0F3D61_zpsuahzn0il.jpg

May I suggest you also consider the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 39mm. It's proportions are identical to the Nautilus so will fit your wrist perfectly, and it's a similar style but a little edgier!!

Here's mine....

1A8E8E47-EF33-464C-AD8E-49711B62C033_zpsogxnsrfa.jpg

Good luck in your collection, and any advice you need about Patek feel free to PM me. Welcome to RWG!

DC

jung

Thanks DC. And yes I have been looking at AP, exact same one before as well. Seems like you and I have similar taste

dalboy

Thanks DC. And yes I have been looking at AP, exact same one before as well. Seems like you and I have similar taste

You wear Deck Shoes . :lmao:

Dal.

_DC_

Dal.

:rofl: :lmao:

He's clearly a stylish man!!

DC

dalboy

Dal.

:rofl: :lmao:

He's clearly a stylish man!!

DC

You Knew :lol:

_DC_

On the subject of deck shoes these blue suede numbers match perfectly with a blue dial Nautilus...

7312F76B-541F-416A-87DD-5466983C4405_zpshezw6kyr.jpg

PS: The Nautilus Chrono is another must have for your collection in the future Jung!

DC

jung

Dc, I would be lying if I told you I havent looked at the chrono version of the Naut series. Matter of fact is that the Chrono was one of the first ones I have looked at. Unfortuantely I have read that not all functionalities work, hence why the 5711 was bought instead.

J

_DC_
Dc, I would be lying if I told you I havent looked at the chrono version of the Naut series. Matter of fact is that the Chrono was one of the first ones I have looked at. Unfortuantely I have read that not all functionalities work, hence why the 5711 was bought instead.

J

It's true, the main seconds hand works when you push the chrono buttons but the subdial does not. But in reality, when does anyone actually use the chrono function of a watch?!?

It's really is a beauty

D5ABC5E1-2E7C-48FB-9884-66F0DE93FB92_zpsxx9bnjr6.jpg

Plus I have a genuine aligator strap on it's way for it too which will make it even better :)

DC

jung

J

It's true, the main seconds hand works when you push the chrono buttons but the subdial does not. But in reality, when does anyone actually use the chrono function of a watch?!?

It's really is a beauty

Plus I have a genuine aligator strap on it's way for it too which will make it even better :)

DC

I must admit, they are beautiful. I will def come back to thinking of buying it in the future.

For now I think I will have to stick with simple date complication.

On the other note, you must show me what it looks like on an alligator strap.

J

adaptive

This is the first rep I ever considered buying, never got around to it but god damn I still want it. Also the aquanaut is real stylish as well!

jung
This is the first rep I ever considered buying, never got around to it but god damn I still want it. Also the aquanaut is real stylish as well!

How good do they look. I am now hunting for my next rep.

BentleySharp

The Patek Nautilus is right up there at the top of my "I Will Definitely Die If I Don't Own This Watch" list. Right under the Cartier Santos 100. What a watch.

_DC_
The Patek Nautilus is right up there at the top of my "I Will Definitely Die If I Don't Own This Watch" list. Right under the Cartier Santos 100. What a watch.

My thoughts exactly, that's why I have four...........

DC

adaptive

As soon as I C&R this PAM312 I bought I'm going for a patek... PAM wasn't my cup of tea

_DC_

Was trying to get a nice photo of all my six Pateks this evening from behind, all with their pretty gold rotors showing, was too dark though :(

Will try again when I get a chance!

DC

chaojijiayuan

hey OP, can you tell me your source of purchase? I am super interested in getting one for myself~