Sign in to follow this  
deja123

watcheden

trailboss99

Watching with another alt are we?

Take the bloody hint Tony and piss off!

Col.

grb

This community is very well served by the Time Lords and Jedi... Thanks for being there

prestigewatchco
Silly question - If the forums are so unimportant in the great scheme of rep sales, if we are just a small percentage of purchasers, why are dealers so keen to be recognised here that they will go to the spamming lengths seen in this thread and elsewhere?

I don't think this is typical or indicative of dealers wanting to be on the forums as such more a case of greed and desperation from a dealer that is on very thin ice on other forums.

If it as it appears this is extraordinary behaviour and more typical of dealers who are not represented on any forums and feel they are missing out

Brightlight
Silly question - If the forums are so unimportant in the great scheme of rep sales, if we are just a small percentage of purchasers, why are dealers so keen to be recognised here that they will go to the spamming lengths seen in this thread and elsewhere?

I don't think this is typical or indicative of dealers wanting to be on the forums as such more a case of greed and desperation from a dealer that is on very thin ice on other forums.

If it as it appears this is extraordinary behaviour and more typical of dealers who are not represented on any forums and feel they are missing out

Yes it smacks a little of desperation if a bit of business from the forums is the best they are doing.

pollux1
My friend Jenny holds totally different attitude towards watcheden. She said she bought a very nice IWC Portugese for her boyfriend for birthday and it turned out to be a pretty good piece.

Why would you bother buying from watcheden since you live in GZ? Oh, hang on a minute, you are WatchEden, aren't you?

Well we have a Jessica working there now as well it seems to keep Sarah and Helen company where the fuck do they find these girls with western names . Whatever happened to the Mae Lings or the U fat cunts?

:D:lmao2:

galah

Oh bugger, I just ordered a watch from them. I guess all I can do now is hope it turns out OK. ;)

Well, that'll teach me, should have looked here first!

:yoda:

dave47

Hey, Gang!

Just an update on WatchEden.

Purchased and received an Omega Speedmaster Chrono, s/s, a21j. As with the first, was nicely packed, and seems to be a decent watch for its price. Time hacked it with the atomic clock (www.time.gov) and did quite well (only about 4-5 seconds off during 24 hrs; however, I always time hack with the a.c. every few days anyway.) I've had no problems with Emily, who seems to be trying to do well. I'll order again, but after I have future purchases from Robert, Jee (@silix-prime), and a few others. In regards to past troubles, perhaps she's helping them turn the corner. Just my .02.

dave

ps: I think I've learned how to post pics, so I'll try to post the pics of these two watches over the weekend.

Hi, gang!

An UPDATE on WatchEden:

Received my Rollie Sub. w/gray dial yesterday (Friday.) Shipping took about 14 days (standard time from China). Watch was well-packed (complete with bezel protector) and looked very good & had a nice weight to it. Inspected it w/ my jewelers/watchmaker's loupe & didn't see any major flaws; details on dial were good; watch keeps very good time; the only complaint was with the screws in the bracelet. Some wouldn't come out at all & had to use WD40, time, patience, and strong screwing (no pun intended) to get them out. When I emailed them about my order status (prior to receiving watch), they responded quickly -- twice. So far, so good. Perhaps the're making an effort to retain their "trusted" status. I'll give them another try once I steal enough $$ from wifey's purse (hehehe).

dave

Egad!!!

After reading all this, I'm getting a sinking feeling in the 'ole stomach. Ordered a "special" Rolex TT Sub.w/gray frace from them for sale price of $88. I was guided by their "Trusted Dealer" status; Now, I don't know. I'll keep you guys apprised on how and what I receive from them. Should be due here within the next several days... .

dave

I have seen the complaints, and of course can't argue with other's experience.

All I can say, is when I want a quick "Amazon" like transaction I use them and have always been happy with what they sent.

[but then again, I don't buy $300 reps either]

turnipz

I notice they spam the shit out of you, dont let them get your email for the love of god.

Edited by turnipz

galah
I notice they spam the shit out of you, dont let them get your email for the love of god.

Fortunately I have my own domain so I can create as many spam trap addresses as I like. ;)

_jonte

I actually ordered a quartz purtuguese from them recently. Watch came out "fair", but contact and support was actually really good. Got good help when it got stuck in Swedish customs.

Will not order from them again. ;)

DenGNNJ

My $.02 ...

Ordered from Watch Eden on Nov. 15 based on trusted dealer status on another board.

About a week later I get an email from "Emily" saying the watch is out of stock, please pick something else.

I pick something else and then I get another email about a week later saying the replacement watch came in, but was defective and they're getting me another one from the factory ... please pick out a free pair of sunglasses for your touble (which I do).

A week later (this week actually) I get yet another email from "Emily" saying the watch is out of stock, please pick something else.

I return an email and ask for my money back.

I don't believe they're dishonest ... I'm sure if they were able to get hold of the watch I ordered, I would have it. All the while the communications were professional and, in my opinion timely. They're communication was great but in the end, I didn't get the watch I ordered. I will probably give them another shot ... perhaps on something I can't find elsewhere (if there is such a thing).

greg_r

The only stuff that WE sells that you can't find at one of our dealers isn't going to be worth buying - the only stuff that's unique to them is low-end junk that the decent dealers won't touch.

Honestly guys - there are MUCH better dealers out there. Steer clear!

andygt

I really don't know why Col puts up with them on rwi

They seem to be his pet project kind of like a naughty dog that keeps shitting on the carpet and eating your slippers.

You hope beyond reason that one day it will behave better because you have a soft spot for them.

Unfortunately everyone else has run out of patience and wishes you'd just put the fucker out of it's misery.

greg_r
I really don't know why Col puts up with them on rwi

They seem to be his pet project kind of like a naughty dog that keeps shitting on the carpet and eating your slippers.

You hope beyond reason that one day it will behave better because you have a soft spot for them.

Unfortunately everyone else has run out of patience and wishes you'd just put the fucker out of it's misery.

They're on a very short leash over there. Col has already said that one more fuckup and they're history... I know they cause him more issues than any other dealer.

prestigewatchco

The problem with WE is no more than they are greedy they list all the crap in creation that the factories send them samples of, half of these never get a second run and are limited to a single production run.

As a result they have a site listing 10000 watches with maybe 2000 still available so of course they are going to have problems supplying the danger is that Asian mentality dictates they will send something similar rather than say we don't have it sorry.

If any members have travelled to Asia and tried to buy anything from a vendor if they don't have what you want they will say we have it wait 15 minutes they will then send a runner who will come back with a completely different thing in the hope you will buy it

.Just the way it works here I suppose dealing with their own it works sometimes, what they seem to miss is though that in the West most people just get pissed at having their time wasted

Akira
I don't believe they're dishonest ... I'm sure if they were able to get hold of the watch I ordered, I would have it. All the while the communications were professional and, in my opinion timely. They're communication was great but in the end, I didn't get the watch I ordered. I will probably give them another shot ... perhaps on something I can't find elsewhere (if there is such a thing).

You lost 3 weeks without having a watch because all of them where out of stock....

and you are still defending them and giving them another shot?

We have a list of dealers with great reputation here...

So either you can't read well.....or you are plain stupid !

Just my 2 cents :lol:

Brightlight

You lost 3 weeks without having a watch because all of them where out of stock....

Just my 2 cents :Whistle:

Harsh.........................but true :lol:

RS9

+1 You have a great resource here; forget turds like WE and give a real dealer a shout.

DenGNNJ

If they're so horrible, why are the a trusted dealer on RWI? ... you know RWI, some refer to it as the sister site of RWG. BTW, I was without a $400 watch for over two months from a deal I had at PureTime a trusted dealer of THIS site.

So, your two cents are worth just that ... two cents. Next time you feel the need to throw in your two cents by calling someone stupid, bend over and stick those pennies somewhere else ... maybe your gerbil can use them.

greg_r
If they're so horrible, why are the a trusted dealer on RWI? ... you know RWI, some refer to it as the sister site of RWG.

WE got trusted status at RWI back when they were still offering reasonable service. They're hanging by a thread over there right now, though... Col has been working with them trying to get them back on the straight and narrow, but I understand it's proving to be a frustrating experience.

They get it wrong a LOT. Cause of more headaches than just about any other dealer - I would steer well clear.

DenGNNJ
If they're so horrible, why are the a trusted dealer on RWI? ... you know RWI, some refer to it as the sister site of RWG.

WE got trusted status at RWI back when they were still offering reasonable service. They're hanging by a thread over there right now, though... Col has been working with them trying to get them back on the straight and narrow, but I understand it's proving to be a frustrating experience.

They get it wrong a LOT. Cause of more headaches than just about any other dealer - I would steer well clear.

Info one can actually use WITHOUT an insult. Thanks for the 'Heads Up' Greg.

greg_r

Pleasure, mate. :)

If they get things sorted out (and I hope they do - Tonyxkf was a damned good dealer back in the day), I'll be sure to let folks here know.

For what it's worth, dealers do sometimes go through difficult times and yet come back as strong as ever. Silix are a good example of that - there was a time when I would have been very cautious about buying from them, but these days they're incredibly helpful and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone. It would be good if WE could turn their fortunes around in a similar fashion. Here's hoping!

Egidio
I have seen the complaints, and of course can't argue with other's experience.

All I can say, is when I want a quick "Amazon" like transaction I use them and have always been happy with what they sent.

[but then again, I don't buy $300 reps either]

+1

SteveR123

I just went through my first order with watcheden, a rolex day date ii with sapphire glass and Asian 21j auto. The only name I saw in the emails was Emily. Anyways, it was a fine experience for me. Quick response to my order, I hAd the tracking number within 3 or 4 days of placing my order, the watch showed up today, perfectly wrapped and looks excellent to me. I had zero issues or complaints with them. Hopefully, as mentioned above they are getting back on the right track to being a great dealer. Sorry, no pics but I will add some asap if the subject comes up in this thread..

Hope my experience is useful to others in some way.

gtwc
I just went through my first order with watcheden, a rolex day date ii with sapphire glass and Asian 21j auto. The only name I saw in the emails was Emily. Anyways, it was a fine experience for me. Quick response to my order, I hAd the tracking number within 3 or 4 days of placing my order, the watch showed up today, perfectly wrapped and looks excellent to me. I had zero issues or complaints with them. Hopefully, as mentioned above they are getting back on the right track to being a great dealer. Sorry, no pics but I will add some asap if the subject comes up in this thread..

Hope my experience is useful to others in some way.

I happen to agree

My dad (in his dotage) has purchased a number of watches from W-Eden and has always been pleased.

Emily seems 'one of the goodies' and responds quickly to e-mails and