Sign in to follow this  
nofitstate

a7750 ratchet wheel driving wheel issue

Sparky2

Thanks, nofitstate. I have some better screwdrivers and a magnifying visor coming in a couple of days. I will open it up when they arrive.

Someone mentioned that the ratchet wheel driving wheel can be removed without removing the movement from the case and not having to remove any hands. They said something about just removing all the auto wind gears and then removing the chrono bridge screws. Then just lift the bridge a bit and move it over about 3mm and the wheel can be taken out. I have been looking for that post for a couple of hours now, but cannot find it. I think it was on a thread that you were responding to as well(?). In any case, I think it would be safer if I could do it this way. What do you think?

nofitstate

Thanks, nofitstate. I have some better screwdrivers and a magnifying visor coming in a couple of days. I will open it up when they arrive.

Someone mentioned that the ratchet wheel driving wheel can be removed without removing the movement from the case and not having to remove any hands. They said something about just removing all the auto wind gears and then removing the chrono bridge screws. Then just lift the bridge a bit and move it over about 3mm and the wheel can be taken out. I have been looking for that post for a couple of hours now, but cannot find it. I think it was on a thread that you were responding to as well(?). In any case, I think it would be safer if I could do it this way. What do you think?

From my understanding that is correct if your 7750 does not have the chronograph features fitted. If you have the chronograph features on your watch then the movement will need to be removed as the center seconds and the minute counter hand will need to be removed.

Sparky2

Too bad for me....

Still waiting for the tools. Amazon's ETA says Tuesday, but it usually takes one more day.

Sparky2

I am starting to get cold feet. The thought of removing and replacing hands and movement is a bit scary to me. Also, I now need a movement holder and hand pullers (picked out for a total of about $17.00 on Amazon) and that still leaves me short an air blast bulb and perhaps a few other things. If it were just those things I would go ahead as I can use them on other watch projects, but I see that I will need some oil/lube when I put the movement back together (Moebius 9010, Moebius OL-9104-HP-1300, and Molykote DX) for about another $86. This does not count some sealant grease and whatever else I forgot. The recommended Moebius Fixodrop FK/BS 8941would be another $130. Perhaps the thing to do is get a replacement movement and keep the existing one for parts.