Sign in to follow this  
Rob_T

QC

Rob_T

I order a navitimer 01 of one of the trusted dealer, I was happy with the QC pics but the watch that I have been sent isn't the watch in the QC pics. It has a misprint on it. I emailed the dealer 2 days ago. For a replacement dial to be sent to me so I can have it changed. But I havnt heard anything back yet. I was just wondering what is the point in doing the QC pics if your not getting the watch you agreed to??

jdog

Not the way its supposed to be. Try and resolve it with the TD. Yes, it can take a couple days to get a response. If it doesnt resolve or you feel like its not acceptable, need to be reasonable here, then PM one of the mods, guys in blue, and they can assist you.

elp

Hey Rob. Completely agree. Watch in QC should be the one sent. Mistakes can happen though - give the TD a chance to rectify. If you don't get a satisfactory response contact a moderator.

More here: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=19035

WaterfrontChemist

QC pics are nowadays just a smokescreen...

Rob_T

Thanks guys . Yeah I'll wait. Was thinking of putting in a gen dial . Does anyone know if it'll fit the 01 rep?

Wriggles

Too many reports of QC watches not being the ones sent. Should be reported to the Mods, they need to be aware of this especially if it's one or two always at it

WaterfrontChemist

I agree with that. Maybe I will report my cases. In the other hand the watches were OK. But yeah, what's the point with QC pics if your not getting the watch you agreed.

Left Coast Guy

Drawing from your 2 months of wisdom on the forum....

WaterfrontChemist

Yes, 2 months being "registered member", but I have been reader of this forum over a 4 years...

rusty peters

I have been a "victim" of this two times....I think. Both times, the QC pics showed problems that were kind of nitpicky so I reminded myself that these are reps. When the watches arrived, the issues were not there. Lighting and camera angles cannot be blamed for crooked peals and a black speck in the ceramic bezel insert. In my case, I was on the good end of QC issues. One of my encounters was with a TD here and another was with a TD across the hall.

D_Chico
Thanks guys . Yeah I'll wait. Was thinking of putting in a gen dial . Does anyone know if it'll fit the 01 rep?

Hey Rob, sorry to hear that happened.. I hope you get everything straitened out! As far as putting a gen dial in a Navitimer 01 it's not possible :( the rep dial's sub dials are slightly closer to the edge of the dial as opposed to the hen's being slightly more towards the middle.. But I can say with confidence other than the sub dials and sunken date the Navitimer 01 is pretty damn accurate ;) I have the new Navi with the black dial and I was able to see it next to the gen and it was pretty spot on for the most part! It would take a real wiz to spot any of the differences between the two as they are so miniscule :)

Well good luck buddy! Keep us posted on the outcome of what happens with your dial!

Left Coast Guy
Yes, 2 months being "registered member", but I have been reader of this forum over a 4 years...

Considering you can log 6 pageviews before the site locks you out as a guest user, I'm going to go ahead and say your talking out of your ass...

To the OP, I'd send the QC pic and a current tagged pic of the rep, pointing out the difference, to a Mod ASAP and also post in the same in the feedback section of the TD, so other members can see. Regardless of whether it gets sorted out, you should let the community know that its happening. 1 Documented issue is worth 20 after-the-fact speculation posts.

Then I'd send the same pic to the TD and ask for an exchange, no reason you should have to replace the dial yourself.

D_Chico

I get disappointed when some members pick on people for their "membership date" :(

I haven't had it happen to me yet fortunately, but as for other members it seems to happen too often.. Who's to say how much experience someone has?!? Other than when someone posts a total flame worth noob comment.. :giggle: but Rant's post didn't denote that tone at all..I have been into watches my whole life and into Rep's for the past 5 years..I don't consider myself an expert but with this amount of experience I have decent judgment..Live and let live guys! Let's save the flamming for the true idiots! ;)

WaterfrontChemist

Considering you can log 6 pageviews before the site locks you out as a guest user, I'm going to go ahead and say your talking out of your ass...

To the OP, I'd send the QC pic and a current tagged pic of the rep, pointing out the difference, to a Mod ASAP and also post in the same in the feedback section of the TD, so other members can see.

Then I'd send the same pic to the TD and ask for an exchange, no reason you should have to replace the dial yourself.

Well, I'm telling the truth and I don't care what you think. :D I have been reader for over a 4 years and I don't mean that I have been 24/7 lurker of this forum. I have been reader in here and in homageforum for years. Period.

WaterfrontChemist

I get disappointed when some members pick on people for their "membership date" :(

I haven't had it happen to me yet fortunately, but as for other members it seems to happen too often.. Who's to say how much experience someone has?!? Other than when someone posts a total flame worth noob comment.. :giggle: but Rant's post didn't denote that tone at all..I have been into watches my whole life and into Rep's for the past 5 years..I don't consider myself an expert but with this amount of experience I have decent judgment..Live and let live guys! Let's save the flamming for the true idiots! ;)

Wise words mate! I totally agree with you. ;) Sorry for the off topic.

Edited by Rantakemisti

Left Coast Guy

To the OP, I'd send the QC pic and a current tagged pic of the rep, pointing out the difference, to a Mod ASAP and also post in the same in the feedback section of the TD, so other members can see.

Well, I'm telling the truth and I don't care what you think. :D I have been reader for over a 4 years and I don't mean that I have been 24/7 lurker of this forum. I have been reader in here and in homageforum for years. Period.

No, don't get me wrong, I don't care what you think either....just want to point out to the OP that your advice on this topic is probably worthless.

WaterfrontChemist

Why it was worthless? There has been lots of discussion about false QC pics.

Left Coast Guy

Why it was worthless? There has been lots of discussion about false QC pics.

The OP has three total posts....your post that QC pics are a "smokescreen" implies that this situation is normal, when it is not. Your comment isn't helping this situation, and is the type of thing that leads a new member to think the whole rep game is a scam....and potentially something rash like file a paypal dispute.

The message should be very simple -- #1) That's not how things are supposed to work, #2) The forum has established mechanisms to help members in situations like these, and #3) Document what happened thoroughly, report to Mods and all will work out in the end.

While your commentary may be totally valid, a newbie, who's looking at $300 out the door and a janky mis-spelled rep for their first purchase is not the right audience for it.

WaterfrontChemist

Good point, in that point of view I totally agree. But truth is that some of our TD's doesn't care about QC pics, those are just some pics that they send to customers. Sometimes they send same photos to different guys, there is lot of talk about that in RWI forum. Personally I can trust only to QC photos where's note with my name on it. For my experience, there is still couple of TD's who do that. Or if you order more than one watch, they send "group photo" where you can see all of them.

WaterfrontChemist

Sorry, no QC pics on the forum. Send those to mods. ;)

greg_r

Firstly you need to contact one of our moderators and get 'em to look into this for you. Any QC pics supplied should indeed be of the watch that is sent - there's no point otherwise. Occasionally mistakes are made, sure, but we need to be sure that it's not becoming a habit...

Genius

This is the photo of the watch i was sent with the misprint at 50 https://www.flickr.c...05/14884138849/

Here is the QC pic i was sent https://www.flickr.c...05/15047832786/

I still not had a email back, how do i post this in the Trusted dealers feedback section?

Cant be 100% sure but that could be a trick of the lighting....

If anyone is interested Robbie sends QC pictures with your name on, in mine it even had the box he was shipping in...

Tony also put my name in the QC he's not a TD here but is at repgeek

elp

This is the photo of the watch i was sent with the misprint at 50 https://www.flickr.c...05/14884138849/

Here is the QC pic i was sent https://www.flickr.c...05/15047832786/

I still not had a email back, how do i post this in the Trusted dealers feedback section?

To answer your question, each of the TDs has a Feedback section in their sub-forum, click on Start New Topic.

As a suggestion, rather than post this immediately which would likely burn bridges, I suggest you contact a moderator for assistance. The mods are great at mediating between forum members and TDs. It could be an honest mistake on the part of the TD staff, involving a mod may give them the opportunity to rectify/make good. If you have sent abusive emails or posted negative feedback without giving the TD a chance to address that draws a line in the sand....

Good luck

dapperhonda

Just wondering if you had a successful resolution to your issue? I am looking to make my first purchase from a TD and am learning a lot from everyone's unique experiences. I hope everything worked out for you.