Sign in to follow this  
Peanuttree

Eyes Wide Open

Peanuttree

Hello,

I am new to the site after a search on the internet for watches the other night. From the exotic to the plain faced I love them all. My favorite being watches that are big faced with hardware like U-boat and graham but my eyes have been opened by the information that I have found on this site. Being a student and head for med school I can’t afford the types of watches that I would like to wear. The last watch I purchased was an oversized Invicta because the U-boat I wanted was too expensive. My birthday is coming up and I wanted to get a new watch and since this site I am excited to learn that I can get a great looking replica for less than three hundred. So my question is where I should start, what other watches should I look at and how much should I plan on spending? I am excited to be in this forum look forward to so great conversations about watches.

KBH

Welcome Peanuttree. There's lot of good info here to read and absorb. You can start with the link in my signature. Digleberry's Noob Guidebook

Peanuttree

Thank you, I'm looking over it now. Do you have a favorite watch or watches?

Luthier

We all do.

About a hundred of them...

:)

greg_r

If you like big watches, start with Panerai ;)

(well, somebody had to say it! :band:)

Peanuttree
If you like big watches, start with Panerai ;)

(well, somebody had to say it! :D)

Thanks. :rofl:

KeNnY

if you want an cheaper version of U-BOAT , you can start with Parnis homage watches :D check my posts with mini reviews, so you will know what I am talking about :rofl: also I would recommend Big Pilot watches, or Breitling Avenger Seawolf watches. If you want it cheaper, you can always go for Asian J21 movement or if you want chrono function, that Japan OS Quartz movement.

And welcome to the forum, and also I am happy that I have found someone who also like some big piece of metal on his hand ;)

Peanuttree

Thank you for the information I'll check it out right now. Since I've been a member of this site I have been on it everyday. Do you know of any promo deals besides the timeshop rolex deal? I just order one of them, I'm real excited!!!

graman

Have a look at Robert's stuff - Prestigewatcho...there's often a promotion or just really well priced watches in there.

Suggestion is to choose your dealer, then choose your watch.

Don't go the other way around. :lmao2: