Sign in to follow this  
bruno7

312 & 356 - which TD to buy from nowadays?

bruno7

Hi guys,

Haven't been here for a while so I hope everyone is doing great! :-)

Just need a little help. Been through the TD list few times and found out that some of the dealers had some problems recently. Wrong watches being delivered, bad quality etc...

So I'd like to ask you, based on your recent experience, which dealer should I go with?

I'm looking for 312 Seagull and 356. I want to buy them together to save for shipping and it has to go through UK or SP to EU.

Thanks for your help.

Have a good day!

David

Kleen™

MR

greg_r

Any dealer can get it wrong occasionally and bearing in mind that a lot of people only post when they have something to gripe about, it sometimes gives an unrealistic guide to performance. However, as a general rule I tend to prefer to buy from one of the smaller dealers as you'll get a more personal level of service. MR, Toro, Narikaa, WatchFinder, etc.. etc..

bruno7

Thanks.

Well, MR seems very confusing to me as I cannot buy directly? I guess I have to tell those guys what I want and they'll get it for me?

Toro - bought four watches from him, for me and my friends. Their watches run perfectly, mine cannot be wound so it's nearly useless. I'll need to replace the whole movement. Next purchase was a nightmare as I got the watch for my friend that was gaining 20(!) min a day. It couldn't be repaired where I live so we sent it back, got it back basically in the same condition and then it took ages to get a refund.

I might still buy from him in the future but for now I'd rather try someone else.

Choosing between Perfect Clones, TS Watch or Trusty Time.

Strange is that for example Puretime is TD on RWI and not here. :-)

HeavyKrush

MR or Toro for me. Realize that there is a V2 of the 312 with ST2555 vs A7750 which is slightly more accurate and possibly more robust movement.

HeavyKrush

Not sure I understand the comment on MR, "can't buy directly"?

Toro is a dealer not a mfg. Factories make watches.

ex660

from my experience of 3 dealers, Kuvarsit, Toro, PureTime..

all have their hit and misses.. but if i were to choose.. i'd go for Toro for its turnaround and response.

and i had 1 watch bought from Toro, did not work properly and the return and back took almost 1.5mnths but it came back in 1pcs with no damage and working fine after that..

the least i'll prefer will be Kuvarsit.. slow response, slow delivery .. slow slow slow slow.. reply could be delayed 1-2weeks time !

lukeas123456

MR - So far so good for my first order! Great Communication and he doesn't mind the questions.

bruno7

Yes, 312 with Seagull is what I'm after.

MR - I just don't understand how to buy - I guess I have to email them with my request, then I pay with Paypal? I'd rather do it online and pay with card this time. And I think they don't have 312 Seagull on the website anyway.

I know Toro is a dealer but the dealing with him was very difficult, regarding the watch repair and refund.

Kuvarsit does not have 356 in stock.

Does this leave me with any more choices? :-)

HeavyKrush

Bruno, personally I would always reach out directly to a dealer rather than simply ordering from a website. MR will likely require WU payment as will some others. I would shoot MR an email asking about the Seagull before concluding he can't get based on his site.