Sign in to follow this  
StormyNight

When is a dealer not a dealer?

Batespcm

Now, does anybody else want to wear the 'daddy pants'....?

Great film

narikaa

Yup a whole generation scared of greenhouses

;)

StormyNight

I hope no unneccessary damage has been done to a members selling reputation.

:)

Exactly why I've completely ignored the pathetic "guessing game".

If I'm wrong and the Mods find nothing wrong then no-ones "selling reputation" will have been damaged as no-one will have any idea who it "was".

If I'm correct (Clue: I am) then the seller will, rightly IMO, be stopped. As James said, he should be happy enough knowing that he's supplied friends and other forum members watches at cost rather than trying to make money from it.

Kcore

Hastily accuse, leisurely repent!

Mystery Shopper

Speaking of which, Happy Father's Day Scott!

Thanks James- had a great day with the family before watching a great game of footy!

Gazzla

If I'm wrong and the Mods find nothing wrong then no-ones "selling reputation" will have been damaged as no-one will have any idea who it "was".

If I'm correct (Clue: I am) then the seller will, rightly IMO, be stopped. As James said, he should be happy enough knowing that he's supplied friends and other forum members watches at cost rather than trying to make money from it.

I can't quite fathom why you started this thread in the first place.

You are clearly not stupid and it must have occurred to you that a witch hunt would ensue. Which it has.

Why didn't you just go straight to Modland with you suspicions? :Whistle:

Mystery Shopper

September 2 AP 15400, 2 AP panda

August/September 2 AP black themes

May/June 3 AP divers

June-Sep 2 Pam 390

That's just quickly from what was posted above but does seem to be a lot of expensive watches doubled up and sold in short periods of time and that's not including the one offs.

I'm not adverse to a catch and release myself but never bought sold and bought another to then sell again in space of a week but who knows what sellers remorse people may have but can see why it was possibly thought a bit strange

It really depends on how deep your pockets are.

As I said before, M2M sales are reviewed periodically and those members who staff are curious about receive a PM. No reputations are damaged and nobody is flamed publically. Most will realise that there is software behind the scenes and reports are reviewed in the staff room (providing the canary doesn't turn up it's toes indicating the fridge in on the blink again).

The only downside of this is the whining when member status is reviewed.

M2M is intended as a perk for established members of the community and, as such, we have some basic rules which should be observed.

masmannan

I know of a member who sells back door. Its subtle and i'm sure he is doing this as a favour to the community.

Not keen to out him as there is certainly more valuable to the members of his presence than not being there.

doh! I've just thrown more fuel onto the embers...

Mystery Shopper

You have a PM.

GaiaEdit-Evillaugh.jpg

Just kidding. :D

James.

:lmao:

greg_r

FWIW, guys, we're constantly on the lookout for these kinda situations - and some of you will remember members that have been banned for this kinda thing (although that's something we try to avoid - we'll normally only ban or no sale if the problem recurs subsequent to a discussion with the member concerned).

We do try to be as fair as possible, however, so it tends only to be blatant breaches - or repeat offences - that garner our attentions and we will take the time to be sure of our facts and talk to those concerned rather than do anything precipitious.

We're looking into some of the allegations made here, but don't want to trample over well-meaning members to do so. However, we WILL act if the situation suggests that is the appropriate form of action.

Reports of issues of these sort remain welcome - and I'm grateful to those who have already shared info. Ultimately this is for everybody's safety. :)

plankton

Yup - proxy sales are not allowed and we've stopped quite a few folks who appeared to be back-door dealing over the years. We're bound to miss 'em sometimes, though, so hitting that report link is helpful if you have any concerns... :)

FWIW we try not to be unreasonable about it, so if we're in any doubt and it appears to be just a one-off from a well-regarded VIP member, then we'll sometimes turn a blind eye so long as they don't make a habit of it. There's some flexibility providing someone isn't taking the piss and blatantly reselling for profit...

M2M, IMO, should always be offered at a 10 percent discount for the privilege of trying to not like a watch that they would otherwise be stuck with. I offer my modded stuff from Vac or whomever at that discount. If someone is making money and not a TD then it should be an issue.

Helldiver

I was wondering about serial modders on some sites offering the same type of model (usually Rolies or PAMs) few time a year (or more). Does in this case "profiteering" apply? (Its understandable to get a little profit if you think the time you need to make some of these little gems)

StormyNight

I can't quite fathom why you started this thread in the first place.

You are clearly not stupid and it must have occurred to you that a witch hunt would ensue. Which it has.

Why didn't you just go straight to Modland with you suspicions? :Whistle:

In the hope it would create debate and raise a few concerns that people assumed "others had reported" or that were "ok".

It has. So, IMO,the thread was a good idea.

Kcore

A women's voice is like a monastery bell, when tolling, all must attend!

gmchris

Remember that most noobs (Inc me) will not wanna risk their hard earned cash ordering from a dealer, paying top dollar - admittedly paying for the dealers service and reputation - for a rep that may be dead on arrival or may not make it thu customs. M2M sales are a chance to get something that is already tried and tested and already in your country. I only wish there were more catch and releases for sale.

greg_r

Just FYI:

The issues raised in this thread - and via several reports to staff - have been looked at in some detail. We have discussed the matter with some members concerned and have clarified what is and is not acceptable with them. We are not going to take any further action on this occasion. We aim to be fair and reasonable about this, so we are willing to accept the assurances of those concerned that this will not continue.

If, however, we should see ANY further evidence of trading for profit or back-door dealing then we will take immediate action against the members concerned.

We're extremely grateful to those who have flagged up this situation - if you have further concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know

In the hope it would create debate and raise a few concerns that people assumed "others had reported" or that were "ok".

It has. So, IMO,the thread was a good idea.

Yes, it was. Thanks, Stormy (and others) :)

trailboss99

Out this person!

Nope, nowt her job or her prerogative. Stormy (and several others) did it the correct way, they communicated their suspicions to the staff and the staff have dealt with it. As for the people involved . . . well . . .

2010-09-27-12-12-58949456169.jpg

greg_r

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cynikal.Mindset

Out this person!

Nope, nowt her job or her prerogative. Stormy (and several others) did it the correct way, they communicated their suspicions to the staff and the staff have dealt with it. As for the people involved . . . well . . .

in all fairness my comment was in jest...I have all the faith in demon goat and his beady eyes will be on the look out

JohnG

Damn, no drama to speak of. :cry:

greg_r

Damn, no drama to speak of. :cry:

Weird, huh? :lol:

StormyNight

Ok, confession time:

It was Professor Pillock.

In the Entrance Hallway of RWG Towers

With the vintaged NATO.

Mystery over.

Duzza

Few less Hublots kicking about then :)

Dr Yan

It's obvious ......

It was colonel Mustard in the greenhouse with a lead pipe.

As I always keep banging on about......according to the letter of the rules of this forum profiteering IS allowed but profiting is not.

Profiteering isn't allowd. Even before you get to open the sub forum it says - No dealers/profiteering allowed

Don't know where your seeing that but the rules state as follows;

This forum MUST NOT BE USED FOR SELLING FOR PROFIT. If you are attempting to sell an item for the same or higher than normal used cost, then there needs to be a good reason - i.e. modifications, rarity etc.

prof·it·eer (prf-tîr)

n.

One who makes excessive profits on goods in short supply.

intr.v. prof·it·eered, prof·it·eer·ing, prof·it·eers

To make excessive profits on goods in short supply.

Rarity = short supply

Therefore it is ok to sell at a raised price if the watch is rare ie in short supply.

Therefore PROFITEERING is allowed and profiting is not.

QED.