Sign in to follow this  
StormyNight

When is a dealer not a dealer?

black263

It's obvious ......

It was colonel Mustard in the greenhouse with a lead pipe.

As I always keep banging on about......according to the letter of the rules of this forum profiteering IS allowed but profiting is not.

Profiteering isn't allowd. Even before you get to open the sub forum it says - No dealers/profiteering allowed

Don't know where your seeing that but the rules state as follows;

This forum MUST NOT BE USED FOR SELLING FOR PROFIT. If you are attempting to sell an item for the same or higher than normal used cost, then there needs to be a good reason - i.e. modifications, rarity etc.

prof·it·eer (prf-tîr)

n.

One who makes excessive profits on goods in short supply.

intr.v. prof·it·eered, prof·it·eer·ing, prof·it·eers

To make excessive profits on goods in short supply.

Rarity = short supply

Therefore it is ok to sell at a raised price if the watch is rare ie in short supply.

Therefore PROFITEERING is allowed and profiting is not.

QED.

On the home page. (my bold)

MEMBER TO MEMBER SALES: GENERAL

Sell your used rep, homage and gen watches along with other items of interest here. No dealers/profiteering allowed.

YOU CANNOT POST A SALES THREAD VIA TAPATALK. USE A WEB BROWSER

DO NOT POST A SALE UNLESS YOU HAVE FULLY READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE RULES, WHICH ARE LINKED FROM THE TOP OF THIS SUBFORUM

Dr Yan

That's not the rules though.

Del

You guys are splitting hairs. Bottom line, if we (the staff) suspect that you are selling for profit (with due consideration of mods and rarity), or if we are just having a bad day, then we will nuke your sale.

;)

RussP

magicpopcorn_zps99035881.gif

Alright, how'd ya get a picture of me, Mike ?

RussP

I was wondering about serial modders on some sites offering the same type of model (usually Rolies or PAMs) few time a year (or more). Does in this case "profiteering" apply? (Its understandable to get a little profit if you think the time you need to make some of these little gems)

I'm with you on this, good point.

You could add Seiko Divers to the mix and there are a few of those around the forum.

Del

I was wondering about serial modders on some sites offering the same type of model (usually Rolies or PAMs) few time a year (or more). Does in this case "profiteering" apply? (Its understandable to get a little profit if you think the time you need to make some of these little gems)

I'm with you on this, good point.

You could add Seiko Divers to the mix and there are a few of those around the forum.

I refer you to my previous post...

You guys are splitting hairs. Bottom line, if we (the staff) suspect that you are selling for profit (with due consideration of mods and rarity), or if we are just having a bad day, then we will nuke your sale.

;)

greg_r

You guys are splitting hairs. Bottom line, if we (the staff) suspect that you are selling for profit (with due consideration of mods and rarity), or if we are just having a bad day, then we will chase you up a tree and set fire to it.

fixed

Not Quite Dead

So the Seamaster I am fixing that now does 103 minutes per hour (only did 60 when I started) would qualify as both modded and rare?

_DC_
So the Seamaster I am fixing that now does 103 minutes per hour (only did 60 when I started) would qualify as both modded and rare?

You've created time travel, fuck the forum, I'd call NASA!!!

DC

dfq23

Anyway..... does anyone have any APs for sale?

Del

You guys are splitting hairs. Bottom line, if we (the staff) suspect that you are selling for profit (with due consideration of mods and rarity), or if we are just having a bad day, then we will chase you up a tree and set fire to it.

fixed

:rofl:

Reefkeep
I just went over the first six pages of m2m, I think I know who he's talking about now.

"She"

Oops. I don't profess to be very good at being able to remember who's male or female here.

. You mean the pictures aren't accurate ?

Reefkeep

You've created time travel, fuck the forum, I'd call NASA!!!

DC

Is your winder gas powered? The second hand must be mesmerizing!