Sign in to follow this  
Venomous

Total noob from the UK

Batespcm
Great introduction. Welcome from a fellow UK'er.

One suggestion: take it slow, buy a piece or two max at a time, learn what you can/can't live with/without in terms of faults and inaccuracies before moving on to the next purchase(s).

This is great advice I bought two watches m2m today was ready to order my first from a TD then the TD said they only had quartz available and I knocked it back even tho I loved the look of the watch

Then I went back and bought it as realised I am not yet a movement nazi but only owning a couple of reps from m2m made me realise this

I found the same - was on the fence for a Speedmaster so I bought a Silix quartz version to try - realised the watch isn't for me, but I didn't mind it having a quartz for that price and still wear it occasionally - happy I didn't fork out a lot more for the ST19 version.

Mine is from silix too gone for the tag aquaracer in black though with day date

Chrisby

Welcome to RWG, also from the UK.

my story of finding this forum was slightly different...

I'd took three shots in my back and passed out falling from a boat unconscious.

I was rescued by some French trawler fishermen who took the bullets out of my back and found a small device imbedded in my shoulder that transmitted a Swiss bank account number. I couldn't remember a thing and had to piece together my life...

Turns out my name is Bourne, Jason Bourne.

Oh wait sorry that's not what happened... Yeah it was a similar thing to you really. Welcome to RWG, my only advice to you is read and you shouldn't go too far wrong.