Sign in to follow this  
ScottDy

Hi and questions

ScottDy

Hi to all,

I'm fairly new to replica watches and just recently purchased my first replica (prior to finding this forum, unfortunately). I bought a Swiss Rolex Daytona replica from hireplicawatches.com (they are out of Bangkok and have alot of utube videos for rolex watches). The ordering process was a nightmare and it took numerous emails and about 3 months to get the watch. I have to admit the physically the watch is very convincing, I've handled and drooled over quite a few authentic Daytonas and this replica is very close. Unfortunately the thing won't keep running and I constantly have to wind it (which I just read in a post in this forum is a big no-no for a 7750 movement. So what do I have to do to get this thing to keep accurate time? Who on this board is the best person to send it to for a good going over. I read the topic on 7750 movements with second hand dials at 6 oclock so I know thats a big negative to the thing running consistantly and I would be open to disabling the second hand feature if that was the best solution. My wife keeps telling me she's going to buy me a real Daytona but honestly I really would feel anxious wearing a 10-14K watch around when this one looks just as good for $300.00. I have a real Omega Constellation that I paid around $2500 for about 12 years ago and I love it but I wear it every day and it gets pretty beat up.

pollux1

Hi Scott, Have a read and maybe shoot a PM or two to some modders/ watch repair guys. The A7750 seconds at six is a bomb waiting to go off especially with older ones although I hear the newer movements are supposed to be better. Oh and welcome!!!!

Member X

Welcome to the board :)

Post some pics of the daytona!