Sign in to follow this  
TheTinMan

SKX009

TheTinMan

So I took the plunge last month and picked up an SKX009 from a private seller on WUS. It was re-built by a gentleman in the Philippines and I got a decent deal on it, so what the hell right? I've always wanted one as I really do think it is as close to a perfect looking watch as there is. Anyway, it arrived last week and when I got home and showed the wife, she looked disappointed. Not because I bought yet another watch, but because I had shown her the watch on Amazon and she went ahead and bought one in March, and was holding it as part of my gift until my birthday next month.

9MfYrUW.jpg

ObXTwE6.jpg

2GEeTEx.jpg

I can honestly say that I love this watch. I'm not sure if it's because I've wanted one for a while, or because I think it's perfect looking (and yes I know the issues with the dial and rehaut lining up, amongst others). I think that if I had bought this watch 2 years ago, I would probably had gotten an SKX007 and called it a day, been perfectly happy with those two and the watches I already had.

I'm home next week and will take some proper pictures, but in the meantime these are the ones I have.

Pharmo

one of my most favourite Seiko too mate...I think the pepsi bezel and the jubilee bracelet looks stunning :drool:

enjoy :)

Electron17

A really great looking watch, wearing mine this week. On rubber the same as the first picture so mine says hello! :lol:

TheTinMan

I've got two now. I posted an ad locally and may have sold the one from the Philippines, but I'm thinking I might just change the bezel and hold onto it....

andyboy

Great watches the SKX range

Mine say hello

2014-09-08 14.11.37_zpshamxyvjj.jpg

Mazz

Mine say hello also

bgreg

Man I was just looking at these yesterday....thinking of getting one. Thanks for thread, good to know others are happy with them.

TheTinMan

Man I was just looking at these yesterday....thinking of getting one. Thanks for thread, good to know others are happy with them.

My only regret is not having bought one sooner. I gave it a day off today because I've worn either of them everyday since I got em.

Don't hesitate!

Noodle_oh

Mine says hello as well. The Hirsch strap give it a different look.

1d6b1e9b0fd18984c558fb2616b24347.jpg

Mazz

You should get a clear case back :Whistle:

And trade me your closed one

bgreg

Here she is...my 009. I liking it so far

20141002_072814_zpschrvlkyo.jpg

20141002_072755_zps3hs5k6ad.jpg

KeNnY

LOOKS AMAZING MATE ! :)