Sign in to follow this  
zeke4life

Ok so I'm about to buy the rolex submariner need some help?

zeke4life

Ok so I finally got enough money to pay for it and opened my on bank account so now I can buy it. Well you see I'm only 15 and dont have a job so moneys a problem. So I want to get the 21j for 45 but the shipping is 20 bucks so I want the cheapest shipping could you tell me what that is and how long it would take. Thanks for the help.

wat44

if another member lives near you, you could wait for another order and combine shipping

Baldrick

15 :) Rolex :blink:

wat44

if he likes it, why not?

on the plus side, prob best bang for buck

if you want to want to avoid going all jujitsu... then maybe Omega or TAG??? (but prob need to spend 2x or 3x the price IMO)

Member X

Welcome to the board :)

Do you want people to think it's real? Or are you happy to say it's a rep? I'm gonna sound really old now (I hate being old! lol) but I know that some 'kids' are fine with it and others will just use such information against you to take the piss...

If I were you I'd be tempted to keep on saving and see if you can get some money at christmas, then get a clone ETA version - that will have the correct 'rolex sweep' that looks so good :D

Which continent are you on? Someone might be willing to add your watch to an order and save you a bit on postage :blink:

You should also consider some of the sterile-dial homages that are identical apart from not having any 'label' on it - same good looks, none of the stress about being 'called out' for having a rep. Of course, the label can be what you're wanting... ;)

Baldrick

My advice would be to go for something like an Explorer I or older Milgauss, then 'vintagise' it by beating the crap out of it ( remove the dial and movement / crown etc,) throw it in a tumble dryer to pick up loads of nicks on the case and bracelet, coffee stain the dial etc etc, THEN claim it was your Pop's hand me down to you, it'll be Uber-cool to wear a Rolex and your Dad's watch and will give you much more street cred than wearing a 'vanilla' 16610 Sub JMO :(

Akira
My advice would be to go for something like an Explorer I or older Milgauss, then 'vintagise' it by beating the crap out of it ( remove the dial and movement / crown etc,) throw it in a tumble dryer to pick up loads of nicks on the case and bracelet, coffee stain the dial etc etc, THEN claim it was your Pop's hand me down to you, it'll be Uber-cool to wear a Rolex and your Dad's watch and will give you much more street cred than wearing a 'vanilla' 16610 Sub JMO :)

: :(

this would really work

Baldrick
My advice would be to go for something like an Explorer I or older Milgauss, then 'vintagise' it by beating the crap out of it ( remove the dial and movement / crown etc,) throw it in a tumble dryer to pick up loads of nicks on the case and bracelet, coffee stain the dial etc etc, THEN claim it was your Pop's hand me down to you, it'll be Uber-cool to wear a Rolex and your Dad's watch and will give you much more street cred than wearing a 'vanilla' 16610 Sub JMO :)

: :(

this would really work

Do I detect a little pretense at sarcasm :)

Del

I bought the $45 Sub from TS for my 15-year old son as a present for doing well in his exams (only $10 for the cheapest shipping and took about 10 days to the UK). Anyway, he loves this watch and has hardly taken it off. He wears it to school every day and most of his friends hardly ever comment on it other than an occasional "nice watch" (except one guy who nearly choked on his packed lunch when he saw it was a "Rolex" :lmao:).

Baldrick - as for giving it the "vintage" look, my son's watch already looks that way after only a couple of months - it breaks my heart every time I see it and notice a multitude of new marks and scratches :Doh:. I'm pretty sure the cheap 21j movement will actually outlive the rest of the watch at this rate :). (Although he's also the drummer in a band and wears the watch while playing so, all in all, he is probably the ultimate endurance test for the TS 21j Sub :lol:.)

Baldrick
I bought the $45 Sub from TS for my 15-year old son as a present for doing well in his exams (only $10 for the cheapest shipping and took about 10 days to the UK). Anyway, he loves this watch and has hardly taken it off. He wears it to school every day and most of his friends hardly ever comment on it other than an occasional "nice watch" (except one guy who nearly choked on his packed lunch when he saw it was a "Rolex" ).

Baldrick - as for giving it the "vintage" look, my son's watch already looks that way after only a couple of months - it breaks my heart every time I see it and notice a multitude of new marks and scratches . I'm pretty sure the cheap 21j movement will actually outlive the rest of the watch at this rate . (Although he's also the drummer in a band and wears the watch while playing so, all in all, he is probably the ultimate endurance test for the TS 21j Sub .)

Good point Del, I bought my son a Maurice Lacroix for his 21st b'day, he took care of it (still has it), he dun share his Da's obsession. :lol:

zeke4life

Thanks for the help but how long would that 10 dollar shipping take to get to the U.S. more specifically new york. and like they said I live in westchester so does any live near me.

Member X

Airmail takes anywhere between 4 days from Robert to a month or so if customs are backed up or just being plain slow.

It's ten bucks to send something halfway round the world, though - at that price you can't really complain if it takes a couple of weeks :)

Don't forget, this isn't Amazon you're buying from!!