Sign in to follow this  
graman

What is the best practical dive watch rep?

pollux1

That UN is a real nice looking watch.

KBH

Mark doesn't know what it is:

UN0037 - ULYSSE NARDIN WHITE DIAL SS/SS 7750 HIGH GRADE CASING SS - ASIAN 23J AUTOMATIC

dingle

Yep figured it out......on my way to the embarrassment thread now :lol:

ImWatchingYOU

Dont know where do you get the ideas that the UN is waterproof? My UN marine chronograph was leaking from every hole it could. Just sent it off to brightlight for waterproofing. Also the build quality was not so good, as the surrounding around the dial started to peel off and needs re-glueing.

Cant say a bad thing about the movement, was running well and had 3days of power reserve. The rotor looks way off the gen thought, but you never see it anyways so not the biggest issue.

A very nice looking watch anyways, but as they say - less buttons the better. With the UN, the issue is that it has a rear crystal which doesent have the best seal.

I would go for a Rolex SD, (and yes I have ordered one allready :lol:)

trailboss99

Well, you got a bad one mate.

As I said, experience tells me they are generally water resistant, I have dived with mine and so have other folk I know.

Col.

68 Bullit
Seiko.

Why risk a rep? :rofl:

I had the same thought, why risk diving with a rep, so I have just bid and won a vintage Seiko 6309-7049 Diver, can't wait for it to arrive.

KBH
Seiko.

Why risk a rep? :rofl:

I had the same thought, why risk diving with a rep, so I have just bid and won a vintage Seiko 6309-7049 Diver, can't wait for it to arrive.

One of my favorites is a 7002-7000 vintage. Very similar. Just got a new heavy duty oyster bracelet that's awesome. I got to get some pictures and post them. I wouldn't be too sure about a vintage Seiko being waterproof without having it checked, though.

Check out the bracelet here. It makes the watch a serious piece of metal. Seiko bracelet on eBay

BTW. Here's an interesting link on fake 6309's on eBay.

http://www.harrybishop.ca/?p=855

68 Bullit
Seiko.

Why risk a rep? :lol:

One of my favorites is a 7002-7000 vintage. Very similar. Just got a new heavy duty oyster bracelet that's awesome. I got to get some pictures and post them. I wouldn't be too sure about a vintage Seiko being waterproof without having it checked, though.

Check out the bracelet here. It makes the watch a serious piece of metal. Seiko bracelet on eBay

BTW. Here's an interesting link on fake 6309's on eBay.

http://www.harrybishop.ca/?p=855

Yes I read that fake link, I did some homework before I bought the 6309, I like the 7002 but it has the smaller case, and I wanted the cushion case. The watch is 25 years old and original so I am taking it to my local watchsmith to have it checked serviced and gasket/seal change.

Next will be an H558 Arnie me thinks.

KBH

I'm surprised. The 7002 series is bigger than a Rolex Sea Dweller. With the 22 mm bracelet it wears almost like a DSSD. Post some pictures when you get it.

I think the vintage Seiko divers are one of the best deals out there.

trailboss99

I can always sell you a nice, serviced 7002 if you want Gman.

I have several in stock.

Col.

68 Bullit
I'm surprised. The 7002 series is bigger than a Rolex Sea Dweller. With the 22 mm bracelet it wears almost like a DSSD. Post some pictures when you get it.

I think the vintage Seiko divers are one of the best deals out there.

The bezel is the same size as the 6309, but the case is bigger the 7002 has the slim down case which continued through to the SKX 007, I agree the vintage Seiko divers are a great deal and the automatic movement seems to be bullet proof. I will post pictures when I receive it.

Member X

If you're not fussed by automatic movements or labels, Tauchmeister stuff on ebay seems well put together! 200m WR, monster lume, He valve, a serious chunk of metal... :(

Can pick them up for c.£50 including postage usually :rofl:

graman
I can always sell you a nice, serviced 7002 if you want Gman.

I have several in stock.

Col.

Several Col???

What have you been up to??? :D

trailboss99

Dude, I sell watches for a living, remember?

Col.

graman

Col.

oh ....right... :D

edit...(dickhead graman)....

KBH

Col.

and all this time you had us thinking you were a fireman!

trailboss99

Col.

:D selling watches is a Sunday job, fixing them is part time during the week, firefighting is a part time job out here and I'm supposed to be a marine electronics/ship's systems installer for the rest of the time. If there was any to install that is.

macak011

I would go for SEIKO black (or orange) monster: 200m diver's, nonhacking auto, day/date window, the strongest lume I've ever seen and best bracelet ever under 200 usd brand new. The watch really looks much more expensive and works just fine under water.. ;)

Why risk a rep, really? :D

spboudart

Col.

+1

spboudart
... and I'm supposed to be a marine electronics/ship's systems installer for the rest of the time. If there was any to install that is.

I'll stop by, Col!

Do you have a nice ECDIS at hand, I don't like my Navtex either...

68 Bullit

Just arrived, a Seiko SKZ255K black Franken monster, put it on a Seiko rubber vented wave strap, measures about 48mm not including the crown. lume is unbeleiveable, this is my new diver.

Sorry I downloaded the imageth_SKZ255K_s.jpg as I haven't had chance to take any photos yet

Member X

:D

Looks great! Can't wait to see some wristies and lume shots ;):D

Luthier

Col. is Josh, and I claim my $50 bounties!!!

Where da hell is IAbounty, by the way???

greg_r

We heard from IA a month or two back. He's okay, but has apparently moved on to other things... Maybe he'll decide to visit us again sometime :)

68 Bullit

Lume shot, Ith_P1030690.jpgt is even more impressive in total darkness, but I could'nt overide the flash