Sign in to follow this  
ajl007

3777 Help

ajl007

Hi Guys,

I have had a little trouble with my 3777 since the start. It arrived DOA on arrival, sent back to China and was working fine up until last week. Its only a couple of months old.

Now for some reason i can only get the watch to start with a tap on the desk... Does anyone have any ideas what maybe causing this or things i could try to fix it?

Thanks

JSJ

I take you have the 7750 version?

Once it's started does it run OK - keep good time, good power reserve?

ajl007

Yes it is the 7750. Seems to keep time well.

Power reserve a bit up and down. Sometime lasts the night, sometimes only a couple of hours... It has stopped on my wrist once.

JSJ

Not sounding so good. Unfortunately it could be a few things.

I suggest communicating with the TD again if you haven't done so - but sending it back again doesn't sound like much fun.

Do you have a watchmaker you can use? It might be something simple like a loose part or dirt inside. Where are you?

ajl007

I'm In the UK - I touched base with Alex from RWI who suggested a full service. Just wondered if it sounds like something simple I could try and fix!

JSJ

Open it up and take a couple of decent pics with the rotor in different places. We can have a look if there's anything obvious.

ajl007

Thanks JSJ here are some photos:

Can you see anything obvious?

photo21.jpg

photo41.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

JSJ

Looks pretty much the same as mine.

IMG_9936_zps8eeec92b.jpg

All your movement retention screws and brackets are in the right place, nothing obvious in the way. Sorry. Maybe someone else can see something. It was worth a look at least.

ajl007

No worries - thanks anyway.

Just seems £130 for a service as its so new is a bit of a shame.

JSJ

Agreed. If it were me, I'd buy a new movement for £85 and put that in. Depends if you can do that yourself. I just did it with a sick Avenger I bought and it's running sweet as a nut now. Smoothest hand wind of any of my 7750s.

ajl007

Agreed. If it were me, I'd buy a new movement for £85 and put that in. Depends if you can do that yourself. I just did it with a sick Avenger I bought and it's running sweet as a nut now. Smoothest hand wind of any of my 7750s.

Interesting, is it very involved? Quite fancy learning so now could be the time! Is there a particular best place to source the movement or any TD's?

Thanks