Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Why you shouldn't buy a smartwatch (at least not yet)

sjonesp0015

I really dont get why people wear/buy smartwatches. Is it really that hard to pull out your mobile phone when receiving a message? And why the heck would you wear a steel apple watch when working out? I prefer my rubber casio more when hitting the gym.

I would get crazy with everytime notifications on my wrist.

The only ''smart'' watch i really like is the Jaeger Lecoulture Aston Martin. You can open your Aston with it :)

maxresdefault.jpg

OMG. I've wanted a REP Alarm Amovox for a long time. Only wish they could create an Aston Martin rep too. Hahaha ;-)

Or that you can open up any aston DBS with the rep! :lol:

Btw, here is a rep Aston ;)

Opel%20Calibra%20Aston%20Martin%20DBS%20replica%201.jpg

now we are speaking my language.. Wonder what the shipping cost from china would be for that?

LightGeek

The problem is the smart watch is trying to be TOO much. I went back to "regular" watches while Pebble sent me a replacement but now that it's back, it will get a lot of the wrist time again.

I'm not a fan of the glitzy color end-all-and-be-all but the Pebble is "just enough" smart watch for me:

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=84350

Left Coast Guy

I don't disagree about the V1 smartwatch, mostly because of battery life and form factor, but that argument about the iPhone 1 is absolute garbage. I got the first gen iPhone the day it came out, and the functionality of that phone was ground breaking tech.

Music on your phone, easily to manipulate maps, internet connectivity and a camera -- everything about it was absolutely life-changing. I'd argue that the subsequent versions, while better seem more like a productization strategy vs actual innovation compared to that first version. The only major improvements since the first version are faster processors and faster network connections.....not much else is really disruptive.