Sign in to follow this  
Cobra GT

The Watch Cartel

Cobra GT

I am new to the replica watch seen and I have been hitting the boards very hard after I pulled the trigger my first two replicas. This is a really cool hobby and I love it and look forward to acquiring a few more to satisfy my craving. I have always been into my time pieces, ever since way back in the mid 70’s my good buddy’s in high school showed up in class with a gen submariner, nice. Ever since then I was in love with that watch and I had to have one. A couple of month later on a few occasions he would bring the newspaper of the ad from Houseman’s Jeweler, a prominent store in the New Orleans area and an authorized dealer of Rolex. He would taunt me that his Submariner just went up from $399 to $469 and this happened several time through out high school. Boy does that suck that I was not responsible enough for my dad to throw down on one for me. I probably would not have it now anyway due to over excretion of extra curricular activities. About the late 80’s I was looking at them again hard and they were about $1200 or $1300 and I passed again. That was a lot of money for a self employed concrete contractor who was not very responsible and played harder than I worked. I guess now I am responsible enough to have one and plan on throwing down soon as I finish my Cobra. I guess what this thread is about is the “Trusted Dealers†I did not order from one and I am very nervous. I ordered from The Watch Cartel and it seem that thy have been in business since 2004, I checked there domain name. I know that there quality will not be as good as the Trusted Dealers on the site but I guess I just learned my first lesson and it cost me $ 380. I ordered a black sub and a ladies president for my wife who doesn’t know she is getting it. In the last three weeks I have bought my wife a new Fossil for here birthday and I decided I need a new watch so I ordered three Invicta’s two for me and one for my son. Plus the two new reps, sick. I guess you could say I have the bug kind of bad. Oh well the party is started and I was wondering if any one could comfort me in letting this will be alright with the dealer I went with. I feel I will receive what I ordered but I am not sure of the quality, I guess I will update this thread when the goodies arrive. Thanks for lessoning, peace. :D

Tressles61

They more than likely get their watches from the same place these dealers do. If they are reputable you will get your watches and they will most likely be nice. Sounds like you may have paid a little too much though.

trailboss99
They more than likely get their watches from the same place these dealers do

No, they don't. They get their watches from the same place the canal street dealers do.

You will get your watch (probably) but the quality will be marginal at best.

Col.

Luthier

What, somebody still buy from Cartel???

Having our trusted dealers???

Man, you need a psychiatrist.

:(

Cobra GT

Sorry guys I pulled the trigger blind before I did all the research I did, I will use the trusted from now on. I paid $139 for the sub and $149 for the ladies president with diamond bezel, with a 20% discount after paying $120 for joining there club. My total order for the two watches, shipping ($25) and w/ tracking was $380. I guess that is not too bad, but I was so amped up I just throw down. I probably wont get to get my $120 worth because I wont order from them any more, but I might get lucky and get some decent pieces, I will post pics so you guys can what I have, thanks, peace. I am also looking for a case back opener, are the generic worth buying or should i go ahead and get the L G Openall?, thanks.

Tressles61

Well make sure you post some really good photos cobra - We'll let those do the talking. And BTW, you can talk your way into the back rooms on Santee Alley in L.A. as well as Canal in NY and find the good stuff. I have seen and compared the same watches that I have bought through dealers on these sites, however your chances of getting what you want are much better using the dealers in the different forums and it's much easier believe me.

NFleischer

Is there a site "Watch Cartel" or do you mean what we call'cartel' around here- Trusty Time, Perfect Clones,

PureTime and King?

dingle
Is there a site "Watch Cartel" or do you mean what we call'cartel' around here- Trusty Time, Perfect Clones,

PureTime and King?

There is a website. He does not mean our cartel.

Tinstar

Yep...I feel your pain, like so many others that pulled the trigger before finding this site. You can find my story under "scams", although it won't make you feel better. Mine was a $200.00 lesson for junk...and I do mean junk. Stick with the trusted dealers...you won't be sorry. I have a Invicta, Torgoen T16 Pilot's watch, and a Marina Militare on order. Love them watches! Best of luck.