Sign in to follow this  
gingerr6

116600 XL Identification.

gingerr6

Hello All,

bought this. Over all i like it :) im trying to find some information about the XL.

Like bezel removal/replacement, any mods that can be done but all i come up with are the non XL ones.

mine looks like every other Sub-C.

20140920_100937_Android.jpg

Am i missing some thing?

more picture here

Thanks James.

jdog

There's no such thing. Its a bigger fantasy model as they don't make a 43mm version. You're really not going to find anything to mod it.

gingerr6

i know:) liked the extra size.....

looking to learn more about moding thought this might be a good start. guess not lol.

markeym3

I agree the extra size is better for some .. the purists here may throw tomatoes at you , if anything maybe clean the pearl up a bit and is the cyclops straight ?

But yes looks good ,, I think these come with the 21j low beat movement so if a smoother movement could be fitted that would be good too ...

gingerr6

I agree the extra size is better for some .. the purists here may throw tomatoes at you , if anything maybe clean the pearl up a bit and is the cyclops straight ?

But yes looks good ,, I think these come with the 21j low beat movement so if a smoother movement could be fitted that would be good too ...

All the above are on the list :) just trying to find out what parts will fit :) I don't mid the movement but would swap if easy, may remove the Cyclops or get a replacement crystal?

and the pearl could be replaced on its own or does it need a new insert?

markeym3

All the above are on the list :) just trying to find out what parts will fit :) I don't mid the movement but would swap if easy, may remove the Cyclops or get a replacement crystal?

and the pearl could be replaced on its own or does it need a new insert?

some folk on here have removed the cyclops before , it did look good , not so sure about the pearl , yes of course it comes off and leaves a small hole in the "triangle" smaller than the pearl , you could dig out the lume and re-lume the pearl , this would be fun to try .

gingerr6

ok re-lume the pearl is the 1st, 2nd might lume the dial and 3rd remove the Cyclops :).

RevoWution

I think you have the model # wrong in your topic title, OP.

The 116600 is the new Sea-Dweller 4000. The Sub-C's are 116610. Your lug engravings have the correct # :)

gingerr6

The 116600 is the new Sea-Dweller 4000. The Sub-C's are 116610. Your lug engravings have the correct # :)

Ops... Thanks.

RevoWution

All good buddy. Pretty easy to mix up ;)

BC1221

throw it in the trash and buy a deepsea dweller if you want a bigger sub.

that thing screams cheap rep.

if you wanna practice modding, i suppose you could toy around with it but not really much you can do as its a fantasy model so no gen spec parts exist.

you could start with a better DWO and a relume. that would improve the look 1000% but it would cost you way more than the watch is worth.

markeym3

No don't throw it away , have a go at modding , OK so the mighty Rolex did not make a larger sub but so what , I would still go ahead with the pearl lume and maybe clean up re-white the bezel numbers , but dont chuck it out ,,, have a bit of fun ..

RevoWution

Since you've spent money buying it, don't throw it out.

Could be a daily. One which you wouldn't mind getting knocked around or scuffed a bit :)

gingerr6

No don't throw it away , I would still go ahead with the pearl lume and maybe clean up re-white the bezel numbers , but dont chuck it out ,,, have a bit of fun ..

This is exactly what im going to do. i know its not GREAT but its £80 all day long :)

Since you've spent money buying it, don't throw it out.

Could be a daily. One which you wouldn't mind getting knocked around or scuffed a bit :)

i actually like the watch and it is my daily ATM.

gingerr6

that thing screams cheap rep.

you could start with a better DWO and a relume. that would improve the look 1000% but it would cost you way more than the watch is worth.

IT WAS CHEAP :) doing a relume and might look at the DWO.

what do you see wrong with the DWO? not got much to reference against it?

Cyclops is NOT great, might take it off......

Thanks.