Is timeshops.net a trusted dealer?

Edited by Balad1

Balad1
I believe you want

http://timesshop.net/

There are 2 S's

There is a link on the trusted dealer list located at

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...hp?showtopic=60

You will see the RWG emblem on their site.

I see both spellings on that list.

Yes I saw that they were listed too and ordered my first watch from timeshops.net for that reason. Hopefully I didn't screw the pooch right from the get go...

Edited by Balad1

greg_r

Yup - that's one of Mark's sites.

Timeshop have TWO sites. http://www.timesshop.net/ is the URL we currently link to and the site that is aimed primarily at forum buyers. I think their other site (timeshops.net) is down at present but was, briefly, their main site (meaning that we linked to it) while they re-designed the other one. Both are trusted.

Beware of other permutations, though. There are a couple of scammers pretending to be Timeshop located at similar-sounding URLs

mitzy84
Yup - that's one of Mark's sites.

Timeshop have TWO sites. http://www.timesshop.net/ is the URL we currently link to and the site that is aimed primarily at forum buyers. I think their other site (timeshops.net) is down at present but was, briefly, their main site (meaning that we linked to it) while they re-designed the other one. Both are trusted.

Beware of other permutations, though. There are a couple of scammers pretending to be Timeshop located at similar-sounding URLs

I also bought a watch from timeshops.net only to find out today that the entire website was gone. Logged on here and found the website address has changed and the logo had changed too. Gotta say, I'm VERY concerned.

greg_r

There's nothing to be concerned about.

Timeshops.net and timesshop.net are the same dealer.

Both sites were rather old and not running very well. A few months back, Mark took timesshop.net offline and rebuilt the site from scratch. During that period, timeshops.net became his only site.

Timessshop.net is now back online and running well. Therefore it is time for them to update the other site - which is why they've taken it offline for a while.

If you have clicked on the links provided here, you will be fine. We do not link to untrustworthy sites.

mitzy84

Both sites were rather old and not running very well. A few months back, Mark took timesshop.net offline and rebuilt the site from scratch. During that period, timeshops.net became his only site.

Timessshop.net is now back online and running well. Therefore it is time for them to update the other site - which is why they've taken it offline for a while.

If you have clicked on the links provided here, you will be fine. We do not link to untrustworthy sites.

Unless I can get my order details and the "trusted dealer" gets in touch with me, I have everything to be concerned about. When a vendor has 2 websites with different logos and domain names, I get very anxious. If it were a dealer that was indeed trusted, they'd have the same logo, same info on both websites. They'd share the same databases, etc. Why create 2 websites that appear identical but are different?

I did click the link found here but now I can't find out any info on my order because the "new site" isn't recognizing my credentials.

I'm sorry but you have not done anything to put my fears at rest. I still am very concerned and am even more so about RWG's claim to being a reputable site that only links to trustworthy sites. I'm going to PM the dealer rather than email to see what's going on.

dingle

Unless I can get my order details and the "trusted dealer" gets in touch with me, I have everything to be concerned about. When a vendor has 2 websites with different logos and domain names, I get very anxious. If it were a dealer that was indeed trusted, they'd have the same logo, same info on both websites. They'd share the same databases, etc. Why create 2 websites that appear identical but are different?

I did click the link found here but now I can't find out any info on my order because the "new site" isn't recognizing my credentials.

I'm sorry but you have not done anything to put my fears at rest. I still am very concerned and am even more so about RWG's claim to being a reputable site that only links to trustworthy sites. I'm going to PM the dealer rather than email to see what's going on.

I am sorry you do not trust the Admins post. I suggest you have a look around and you will see many threads about the timeshop web issues and how they were handled. You will find answers to many of your questions................and we are very strict on the websites and trusted dealers we allow here............

greg_r

Mitzy: you've not been around long, so I'll let that pass. You are, however, getting a little more wound up than the situation merits. All I'll say is that you only have to read this site to realise that we put a helluva lot of effort into ensuring our dealers are reliable. This forum would not be the success it is if we were directing people to scammers, as you'll see if you do a little more reading...

With regard to Timesshop: Sites go down for maintenance - whether they're selling replica watches or gen socks ;)

Initially, the two sites were aimed at a different market - timesshop.net was intended for forum buyers and often featured special offers that were ONLY available for his forum customers. Over time, the lines have blurred somewhat but this 'confusion' is purely down to the fact that both sites have been in need of a re-design and he's used one site to provide backup while the other is down.

Timesshop is a recommended dealer on other fora too - he has proven to be reliable over a number of years (hell, I've been buying from him myself for several years). This is the straight dope I'm handing you - and ultimately it is up to you whether to accept or not. I CAN tell you that, to my knowledge, Mark has NEVER ripped off a customer. If something goes wrong - whether with order process or with the watch - he is always eager to sort it out in my experience.

As an alternative to PM or emailing 'sales', Mark's direct email is: [email protected] If you have any problems, dealing with the boss is often the best approach. ;)

Nevertheless, if you have any problems getting a resolution to your issue, please PM a member of staff and we'll contact TS in order to get it sorted.

mitzy84

I'm not here to bash you or TS and when I first found this site I was definitely willing to give RWG the benefit of the doubt that things are on the up and up. But as a first time buyer, I hope you can respect the fact that if this were real life, you'd think it was fishy. Let's say a king, someone you'd trust, said I should go into a store that called themselves "McDonald's" to buy a gift certificate and the next day the store was shut down but next door, there's another store that calls themselves "MacDonald's". Notice the difference in "McDonalds's" and "MacDonald's"? The logo on the front of the store isn't a big golden M but a big pink M instead. I go inside and they say they can't take my gift certificate because it's not for them.

Regardless if I'm a first time customer or not, would you not be concerned?

I have done some more searches onto TS and have found that their website goes down frequently for "redesign" or "maintenance" or whatever which doesn't make me feel any more comfortable but whatever.

I have emailed who you suggested emailing, PM'd them directly and also replied to the email I got from them showing my order number. The email address was [email protected]. I guess all that's left to be seen is if anyone replies or if this is a lost cause.

So now you understand where I'm coming from. Like I said, I'm not trying to bash your forum or this vendor but as a new person just buying something for the first time at the suggestion of your website, it's very hard to say that I shouldn't be concerned when I can't even check my order!

Edited by mitzy84

Akira

Calm down...and give them 48h to reply before we start a big discussion here.

You made your point.

Trust in this people, there will be no problem.

TS won't let you down and please consider this is not comparable to a McDonald's purchase.

Or do you buy counterfeid burgers online from China?

;)

Patience you must have...:yoda:

Tressles61

Forget MacDonalds - try Quiznos. Especially if you're looking to buy Subs.

Balad1

I just received an reply email from timeshops.com that their website is down and they are working on getting it back up. They also referenced their sister site as an alternate in the mean time.

ImWatchingYOU

You see, everything ended up nice. Just dont panic - the website doesent mean anything. Some dealers dont even have a website - you can communicate by emails.

Balad1

I can understand why people get excited; with so many scam sites and website name copy cats. The website in question has been down for 2 days. If I was the owner of the site I would have put a notice on the forum to avoid misunderstandings.

ImWatchingYOU

I agree, it would be nice if they would put a notice in their subforum. But then again, you could buy a GEN and get full service.

Maybe I'm too selfish, but here in the REP world, things work a bit different. You need to have patience, especially with dealers.

Balad1
I agree, it would be nice if they would put a notice in their subforum. But then again, you could buy a GEN and get full service.

Maybe I'm too selfish, but here in the REP world, things work a bit different. You need to have patience, especially with dealers.

When I cough up $300 for a watch I expect the dealer to be professional; if it was my business and I wanted repeat customers I would be. The dealer community as a whole will be as good or bad as we allow them to be.

Just my 2 cents...

dingle

When I cough up $300 for a watch I expect the dealer to be professional; if it was my business and I wanted repeat customers I would be. The dealer community as a whole will be as good or bad as we allow them to be.

Just my 2 cents...

Just because you have to be patient with dealers does not make them unprofessional. It is the nature of this business.

mspangl

Just my 2 cents...

Just because you have to be patient with dealers does not make them unprofessional. It is the nature of this business.

lol... i hate to be patient aswell // would be neat if someone offered overnight shipping eh?;)

Balad1

I never said anything about patience, only professionalism.

Enough said, I get the point.

Edited by Balad1

dingle
I never said anything about patience, only professionalism.

Enough said, I get the point.

sorry mate. I saw you quoted IWY's post about patience. My bad. ;)

Balad1

I appreciate your prospective; sorry if I was a little edgy.

Luthier

We call it "anal".

:)

Balad1
We call it "anal".

:)

That's what my wife calls me too when she's not calling me "asshole", lol.

mitzy84

I also received an email reply after emailing Mark directly saying the website was down or something and to please wait. That's fine and dandy but when I went to the original site and rather than getting a webpage that said the website was down due to maintenance or anything else, I got a generic banner from the domain's hosting service.

"This is the Kloxo Default Page"

Remember that we're the customer and the onus is on the business person to provide good customer service and an easy way of doing that and to avoid any questions is to just put a "We're currently experiencing technical difficulties" type of message up. Done and maybe put a note in their "trusted dealers" section that their website is down and to try this one instead.

Instead, there's absolutely no link to the old website, emails to the old website's sales team isn't bouncing but no replies either, etc. One would definitely think that something's going on. Still, I heard back and will now wait like others that have subscribed.

One thing I'd like someone to answer though... if a regular person had not stumbled across this RWG forum and went straight to the TS website, ordered from them and then the website went down without any word or notice, how do you think that person would react? You think they'd stay calm that everything's alright? And then they see another website called the same thing and really, do you think they'd know if the other website was owned by the same person? You think McDonald's was a poor example, how about ebay then! You order something on ebay and then go back the next day and instead of ebay's website you get a default banner that makes it look like ebay was never there. Then what??? What if I didn't have Mark's email address?

Just food for thought. Like I said, I'm not bashing, just really dissapointed. I didn't go through other dealers for a reason, I'd rather not deal with things via email but do want that website interface. They may be the best dealers in the world but this is my money.

hope you understand my point of view and if not then...

Edited by mitzy84