Sign in to follow this  
kennycoder

Review / Rep vs Gen: 2014 Breitling Navitimer World *updated @ 2017/05*

tonysoprano211

I fell in love with this and purchased genuine. Black. Still thinking of getting rep as a daily beater.

Same as me.

Got the black as gen and the white as rep. Love this watch...

darkdubs

Thats going on the list! .... Nice watch ..... long list!

Rolls-Man

Nice watch. You got this from PC?

Daisbuys

Very nice!

With regards to the sharp bracelet can't you take some fine wet metallic sandpaper?

I swear I read that on the rwi forum when someone gave their pro 2 bracelet and oil bath and smoothed of the edges....but please don't quote me on this and do your own research first.

Daisbuys

PS love the watch....it was hunting for a navitimer in the first place which got me into the rep game. Maybe it's time that I purchase one, the only negative sounds like the rotating of the bezel :(

Rolls-Man

PS love the watch....it was hunting for a navitimer in the first place which got me into the rep game. Maybe it's time that I purchase one, the only negative sounds like the rotating of the bezel :(

Looks great but the bezel thng for me is not a big deal, it's a close rep. I would have loved the cliking bezel but oh well.

PC seems to have some great watches.

kennycoder

Gen is not clicking either. I think the flaw is the way that they machine the case or bezel at the factory. Seems slightly uneven at some places..

WatchOne6i

Its a nice looking watch, but to me the most obvious givaway is the subdials, they have that circular brushed effect, the original doesnt, id notice that from a distance. When one thing is perfected another flaw crops up grrrr

tonysoprano211

Its a nice looking watch, but to me the most obvious givaway is the subdials, they have that circular brushed effect, the original doesnt, id notice that from a distance. When one thing is perfected another flaw crops up grrrr

I doubt you would see that. On the macro pics it is really visible but it is very hard to see at a reding distance.

WatchOne6i

I doubt you would see that. On the macro pics it is really visible but it is very hard to see at a reding distance.

Fair enought then, my only other slight niggle is the size of the window over the date, its about 3/4 mil smaller then the gen......... wow just realized how fussy i am, i knew nothing about watches 4 weeks ago now im googling how to relume a seamaster lol. This will be my first purchase tbh :)

Edited by WatchOne6i

Rolls-Man

Wasn't that on Trusty's site?

WatchOne6i

Just been to the Breitling shop near me an tried this gen on aswell as the BO1 with the crystal caseback, if it wasnt for the 6k price tag i would have had it then, gotta get this rep after christmas!

Oh yeah the guy in the shop showed me a trick with the bezel, if you move the outer 12 to the inner red 10 on the right, you can actually use the bottom half of the bezel to convert pounds to euros :) prob more useful for the UK guys but there you go.

WatchOne6i

Not 100% sure, i would assume its the same, its on trusty`s and perfect clones for the same price so i would have thought so. Id stick with a trusted suplier personally :)

Odyseus

Not 100% sure, i would assume its the same, its on trusty`s and perfect clones for the same price so i would have thought so. Id stick with a trusted suplier personally :)

And you think Toro's not a trusted supplier ???????????

WatchOne6i

Not really sure if it is, and to be honest i dont care...its irrelevant what i think. What i know is that you're not the most observant when it comes to your watches, but even the least observant person can read the word "newbie" next to my name ;)

not a fan of patronising people in the slightest

JSJ
Not really sure if it is, and to be honest i dont care...its irrelevant what i think. What i know is that you're not the most observant when it comes to your watches, but even the least observant person can read the word "newbie" next to my name ;)

Who was patronising you? How do you know who is the most observant?

By your own statements you are quite pedantic and certainly a noob.

Maybe you would be better to chill and buy a watch or two and enjoy wearing them.

Odyseus

Who was patronising you? How do you know who is the most observant?

By your own statements you are quite pedantic and certainly a noob.

Maybe you would be better to chill and buy a watch or two and enjoy wearing them.

+1000 and well said !!

Odyseus

Just to confirm that this watch from the BP factory is the same one on Toro's site - I just ordered one and took advantage of Toro's 5% Xmas discount :)

cstone89

On Trusty site their are various colors offered in the Breitling section in new January offerings.

dholtry

Has anyone purchased the black faced one? Is the quality on par?

ReplicaFromDownunder

Got myself a Blue navitimer. Amazing quality rep.

Better than my super avenger and on par with my super ocean heritage v2, very close to the gen IMO.

I've held out on wanting a navitimer for 6 years because of all the flaws like date font, sec @ 6 etc. This satisfies the fussiest buyers. b41d07761a7cdaeb809cb8297ea87424.jpg

ReplicaFromDownunder

They are only Mobile phone pics not the best. But you get the drift. Can pull out the dslr if anyone is interested. :);)

5083e44edee5b356b42b367f48c14b30.jpg772d81478bc8659c3576dc23b5e651f9.jpg5bf9802e6b5a107730f85e7545b8ccca.jpg851a36c93ab96c5d96a187c5524698ba.jpg

Edited by ReplicaFromDownunder

Rolls-Man

Nice, where did you buy this beauty?