Sign in to follow this  
sconehead

Dear me....

AllergyDoc

I'll stick with my incorrect seconds-at-nine models, one of which I'm wearing today:

Daytona%203.jpg

sconehead

I've got a vintage Daytona, seconds at nine, doesn't get much wrist time though as it's not that believable with the prices the gens fetch these days. Impulse buy of another member, to good a deal to pass though, now it's collecting dust, damn this hobby!!!

trailboss99

Exactly what I expected after his pull down of the 'tona.

New? well, maybe. Improved? :D :D :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks Francisco for confirming what we all suspected.

More little White Lies.

Your buddy boi's lieing thru his teeth again Dave. Wonder what the excuse from Jandrew will be this time.

Col.

JohnG
:D

JohnG

White lies? That is just what the jealous say to bring Josh down. He is the top seller for a reason.

:D

sconehead

Nothing to argue about here boy's, facts are facts, no extra jewels just a hollowed out plate to try to stop friction that doesn't cure anyhting.

Improved, no. Marketing ploy, yes...Dave, care to comment on your idol?

Shit, it seems I'm Dave bashing, I'm not meaning to but no doubt he'll jump to Josh's defence.

Wonder how RG is handling Fransisco's revelations as he posted his findings over there about the Daytona and some just blamed the factories and not the seller.

If Josh is the reputable dealer he's meant to be, regarding service not ethics mind, he'll have to change the wording or will he?

Think I'll take a look over there later...

Edit. Took a look, a members response over there,

In the Daytona thread,Josh claimed that there was indeed 29 jewels,nobody said that was not the case,including the OP....it was improved as claimed,but only slightly according to the OP,so no false advertising on the Daytona,according to that thread....

So the OP notes that this movement is again improved,and again only slightly,but does it have 29 jewels as well?...this part in question you didn't responed to in the Daytona thread,or this one....

Hmmm, I improved a non-running car by putting new tyres on it once, still didn't make it start though... :D:D:rofl:

trailboss99

Now sconehead, the're good people over there. One problem tho. In the words of Dark Helmet: "So, Lonestar, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." I could also say something about lambs and slaughter.

White lies? That is just what the jealous say to bring Josh down.

John, I know that at the bottom of your heart you don't realy belive that.

He is the top seller for a reason

Yep . . .

Col.

Guest dave123

Sure,i responded to Francisco in the thread at RG....

" Yesterday, 10:18 PM #9

Dave123

THE BIG GUN

Feedback Score: (16)

Geekbux: 129419.00

Donate

Awards Showcase

Total Awards: 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Daytona thread,Josh claimed that there was indeed 29 jewels,nobody said that was not the case,including the OP....it was improved as claimed,but only slightly according to the OP,so no false advertising on the Daytona,according to that thread....

So the OP notes that this movement is again improved,and again only slightly,but does it have 29 jewels as well?...this part in question you didn't responed to in the Daytona thread,or this one....

To which he replied that he doesn't know how many jewels it has...

"I really do not know the number of jewels of the Asian 7750. And I really am not interested in knowing it. What for?

The problem is that I bought a Daytona after reading the advertising (improved 29j) thinking that new jewels were added. In both cases the modifications have the same number of jewels as before. And 29j is wrong, at least for one of the models (Portuguese or Daytona).

Francisco"....

In his pulling apart of the movement he noted that it was indeed improved,but still can be an issue,sure.

Just another guy after Josh,thats why he keeps getting these watches from Josh and no other dealer,like in the daytona thread,it was noted that Josh is not false advertising,the watch had 29 jewels,Francisco,Ajoesmith etc....did not argue that point,and francisco noted that there was indeed an improvement made.

Guest dave123
Shit, it seems I'm Dave bashing, I'm not meaning to but no doubt he'll jump to Josh's defence.

Well sure.

Why ignore the facts just to bash Joshua?.

I bought my last watch from Robert (PWC),but there is constantly people looking for anything to try to knock the big guy in this business down,i don't get it,so i will post about it.

sconehead

Well sure.

Why ignore the facts just to bash Joshua?.

I bought my last watch from Robert (PWC),but there is constantly people looking for anything to try to knock the big guy in this business down,i don't get it,so i will post about it.

Fact is Dave this particular movement was being put out in watches over 9 months ago, it's well documented. Now it's been labled new and improved and not just by Josh. If he's the stand up guy you say he is, get him to change the wording. That way people won't think he's trying to peddle his overstock of unreliable watches. I really don't have a problem with you Dave but when you slate RWI and it's members out of pure malice I will always speak up. I expect you to do the same for RG but can't understand your defending Josh at every turn bro...no hard feelings... :D

sconehead
Now sconehead, the're good people over there. One problem tho. In the words of Dark Helmet: "So, Lonestar, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." I could also say something about lambs and slaughter.

The only people I have a problem with are Annubis, J-C and anyone else who had a hand in silencing people during the whole affair. I was genuinely concerned at the time of EVERYONE, on all the forums, being given the info to form their own opinions on the matter.

Censorship sucks, we're all adults here and don't need a 'big brother' to control what we can and cannot see, sorry it's just the way I am and the way I see it...

To anyone else I have offended at RG please accept my appologies...

AllergyDoc

In Francisco's first tear-down, reported some weeks ago, he counted more than 29J. I think it was 31J, or close to that. (I'll look for that link later.) Technically, the 2 skeletonized gears are an improvement because there is less friction, right? It may not be much of an improvement, but it is an improvement.

The problem here is, IMO, people thought "improved" meant "fixed." Then they were disappointed when they learned the movement wasn't fixed. It was just improved.

But that doesn't make it a lie.

I found the link on RWG.CC. Here's what Ziggy said:

Personally I don't buy any of it, marketing hype.

Truth be known, there were already a number of extra jewels in these models, at least in the latest versions of seconds at 6. I think 29 is actually too low a number, it's probably more like 34 or more jewels.

The problem has always been, and continues to be the design, you can put all the jewels you want in the movement, but when the gear sits in the jewel but is sitting flat on the movement bridge and rubbing against the movement as it turns, all the jewels in the world aren't going to fix that friction.

The fact they use 5 instead of 3 gears to get the seconds at 6, and one of those gears can never be jewelled since it sits in the center of the movement and has a ton of friction, means any upgrades are pointless.

Use 3 gears only for the modification, have all of them pivoted in JEWELS like they should be, and your problem is fixed. Easy, simple, but they don't seem willing to do what it takes...

RG

http://www.rwg.cc/members/old-model-Portuguese-c-t88453.html

Guest dave123

The only people I have a problem with are Annubis, J-C and anyone else who had a hand in silencing people during the whole affair. I was genuinely concerned at the time of EVERYONE, on all the forums, being given the info to form their own opinions on the matter.

Censorship sucks, we're all adults here and don't need a 'big brother' to control what we can and cannot see, sorry it's just the way I am and the way I see it...

To anyone else I have offended at RG please accept my appologies...

It was improved and improvement is new. I and most others in the RG thread agreed that there is no real misleading claim on Josh's listing.

But then again,we have no bone to pick with Joshua,so thats likely why.

Massimo
I found the link on RWG.CC. Here's what Ziggy said:

That explains it all and as you say: improved but not fixed. Interesting post, and until now I didn't realise exactly what the issue was with the seconds at six so thanks for digging out the link.

sconehead

Correct Doc, but doesn't the new portugese have 4 jewels less than the Daytona? I'm pretty sure someone else mentioned it. If true, is it then considered misleading?

You own a few Daytonas Doc and if I recall you've had problems with all the seconds at six. If this new movement (over 9 months old since the recent 'new'claims) is still a time bomb, the problems should be stickied by the forums to save unresearching noobs from buying a lemon...

@Dave, 'bone to pick with Josh'...post another idol pic, you know where I stand and everyone here now knows where you now stand regarding him, defend your forum, yes, but defending misleading dealers, (waterproofing, serviced, new improved, real swiss, sapphire, qc, etc etc.) any of them, I really don't understand...

I like my dealers honest, no bullshit, who call an Asian eta an Asian eta, if they're dropshippers to say they're dropshippers and most of all cheap. Anyone spring to mind? That or use BK or hit iOffer and look for a risky steal...

Yet again Dave, we'll have to agree to dissagree... :gunbandana:

Guest dave123
Correct Doc, but doesn't the new portugese have 4 jewels less than the Daytona? I'm pretty sure someone else mentioned it. If true, is it then considered misleading?

You own a few Daytonas Doc and if I recall you've had problems with all the seconds at six. If this new movement (over 9 months old since the recent 'new'claims) is still a time bomb, the problems should be stickied by the forums to save unresearching noobs from buying a lemon...

@Dave, 'bone to pick with Josh'...post another idol pic, you know where I stand and everyone here now knows where you now stand regarding him, defend your forum, yes, but defending misleading dealers, (waterproofing, serviced, new improved, real swiss, sapphire, qc, etc etc.) any of them, I really don't understand...

I like my dealers honest, no bullshit, who call an Asian eta an Asian eta, if they're dropshippers to say they're dropshippers and most of all cheap. Anyone spring to mind? That or use BK or hit iOffer and look for a risky steal...

Yet again Dave, we'll have to agree to dissagree... :gunbandana:

Sorry man,Josh is the biggest in this game,and its not because the majority agree with you. Its just you handfull at RWI that think this way,the guy couldn't care less. Go on all ya want,Josh is the measuring stick,still is.

AllergyDoc

Well, if what Ziggy said is true, 34 - 4 = 30. They're still understating how many jewels are in the movement.

I can't disagreed there. The seconds-at-six movement is still a crapshoot.

But how many guys have seconds-at-six Daytonas that have run flawlessly? A lot. Noobs should be allowed to do their own research and make up their own minds. I think the watch is so elegant that I'm willing to take a chance on at least one.

Since we're discussing Josh, I returned my seconds-at-six Daytona to him 8 months after purchase because it had become so unreliable. It's on its way back to me now. Will it run any better? I expect it will, at least for a while. Maybe it'll die after a few more months. Who knows? I bought it with full knowledge that it may well tank.

How many dealers would take a Daytona back for repairs after 8 months? Only Josh and Andrew. I know that's not the issue here, but it's something.

sconehead

Agreed Doc, Josh's service has never been in question, that's how he got to the top, it's just the Ruby/Hont thing and his higher prices I don't agree with. One mans meat is another mans gravy, I accept that.

Guest dave123

Doc,if i had of said that,these RWI goons would still have bashed me for it.

Thanks for sticking up for the winning team.

Guest dave123

And by the way,Hont (is he still around?) and Ruby (i remember her,i think) would not do that Doc,as you have said many times,that service is built into Josh's fee.

See if you get that out of D4M.

sconehead

I sense yor pain and bitterness Dave, let it go...from your freindly neighbourhood RWI goon... :gunbandana:

Guest dave123

Looks like Sead is a big liar as well,the bastard....his watches should be torn apart and he should be hung.

sead1999

RepGeek.com Dealer

Feedback Score: (146)

Geekbux: 59071.00

D_A_Y_T_O_N_A with sec @ asian 7750 29j with IMPROVED MOVEMENT WITH SEC @ 6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

daytona

asian 7750 on 28800 vph 29j

sapphire crystal

price 235 shipped

Wow,can you believe that liar?...

I think that Sylar should kick him off the forum and start dealing watches himself,nice guy he is.... :jingoism:

Guest dave123
I sense yor pain and bitterness Dave, let it go...from your freindly neighbourhood RWI goon... B)

I know,its hard to argue a guy thats always right. :jingoism:

sconehead

Correct Dave, I mentioned other dealers were making the same claims previously, well spotted...