Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

Fundraiser for OZ bushfire Victims.

trailboss99

The inter-fora Bushfire appeal raffle and auction.

f-wildfires-aus-cp-584.jpg

As anyone who has not been hiding in a cave for the last week knows by now there has been a natural disaster of an almost unimaginable size occurred here in Australia. The bush fires in Victoria have taken the lives of 181 people from newborns to the elderly. Seven thousand have been rendered totally homeless. There are now 1831 homes totally destroyed, countless more families have lost their outbuildings and their livelihoods. Graziers have no stock or feed for winter and many businesses have been razed to the ground taking an as yet untold number of jobs with them.

Here's your chance to help!

With the blessing of the various admin teams I am running a monster raffle to aid the victims of this tragedy. This is running over rwg.cc, replica-watch-guide.net , replica-watch.info and repgeeks.

All monies raised will go direct to the official Australian Red Cross bushfire victims appeal fund. Thru the generosity of members from all the fora I have some nice little prizes to give away.

A Rolex single red Sub, PVD from Fakemaster

Wildfire%20Raffle%201.JPG

Two prizes of one Noobmariner each from Eurotimez, One black and one LV (green bezel)

noobmariner-green-713.jpg

These are as good as a noob gets folks. Famous Eurotimez QC and all.

http://www.eurotimez.com

A Rolex Date Just from your friend and mine WBK Time. Nice watch!

Australia003.jpg

Thanks Wacko! Now with a boxset!

A Movado Museum handwind from an anonymous donor.

Movado01.jpg

A Neonode N2 cell phone. Mint condition. A couple of weeks use only from jmarin.72

Details HERE and HERE These things are Da Bomb folks!

details.jpg

Actual pics to be posted tomorrow.

This is a handy pick up for the dedicated poster. A Logitech diNovo Edge re-chargeable wireless keyboard/mouse thanks to Whoosh70.

470.1.0.jpg

Folks, these have a RRP of 139GBP! Thats 197USD! Possibily THE greatest key board money can

buy. Appart from being a great KB it's a work of art!

Two crystal AR jobs in Chieftang's next AR run (two separate prizes of one AR job each, one of which will be a prize for the book buyers draw.)

av-722.jpg

Two hand made wooden pens from the hands of RWIs token female AHW676. One on the book buyers list, the other in the general prize list.

rP1040841.jpg

Sample pic. Yours may differ.

How about a Mont Blanc? Classic black naturaly. From Wacko Bird Keeper

Australia011.jpg

Yep, more pens! Thanks to Graman from RWG1.1 for a couple of his dads hand made pens one Jarrah and one Olive.

DSC04037.jpg

Now here's a prize money just can't buy. A set of Opperation Iraqi Freedom patches! You guys are lucky I'm honest smile.gif I'd just about kill for these. Many thanks to SFA437 over at RepGeeks for donateing these

100_1472.jpg

A set of watchmakers tools from an anonymous donor.

ToolKit.jpg

Two sets of two dress shirts from Kenberg (two separate prizes of two shirts each, one of which will be a prize in the book buyers draw)

These are the Paul Smiths. Note:all four are to suit a 15.5" neck. If they don't fit they'll make great gifts!

ps1001ei7.jpg

In addition to the above there are three auctions being run at www.rwg.cc the proceeds of which will go to the Red Cross fund.

Auction one: The last ever FXandy strap. This is the very last strap FXandy will ever make so this is your last chance to own one of the best.

DSC00841.jpg

http://www.rwg.cc/members/support-tragedy-Austr-t92009.html

Auction two: A brand new BCE V2 un-worn, donated by Lanikai

Link and pic to be added on start of auction.

Auction three: A genuine Detroit Lions NFL jersey, the real deal donated by Patinga. "Hello Sports Fans!!! Up for bid is a Detroit Lions Mitchell & Ness autographed Barry Sanders Jersey. This is the top of the line jersey with sewn on numbers and letters. It was signed in person by Barry during his 2004 induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. It comes with the Induction program and the bag from the Hall of Fame. This is a tremendous and rare piece I am donating to help our friends in Australia.

THE AUCTION IS HERE

Jersey.jpg

How will it work?

Simple, tickets are five dollars each (the min donation at the Red Cross site) that's five dollars Australian or as of last night 3.29USD, 2.28GBP or 2.54EUR Go here: Australian Red Cross and make your donation via any credit card and you will receive an E-receipt. Email the E-receipt (or a cut and paste thereof) to [email protected] Including your forum name and forum. This will be filed and the correct number of tickets will be issued. Your numbers will be emailed to you. When you have done so please post here and tell me so I can chk the mail box.

Buyers of five or more tickets will go into the book buyers draw.

The Draw.

Due to the multi prize nature of the raffle the usual method of using a state lottery is difficult so the draw will be conducted here in Queensland by an official, probably the local police sergeant. The draw will be videod and the video posted on my photo bucket site for verification by anyone wishing to do so.

The book buyers draw will happen first. One ticket per book from each of the book buyers will be used in this draw and then ALL these tickets (inc the two winners) will be added to the rest of the tickets and the remaining prizes drawn in the order above. There for: if you buy between five and nine tickets you have one chance in the book buyers draw, ten to fourteen, two chances, fifteen to nineteen, three chances etc.

Winners will be announced on all forums involved and notified by email and/or PM. The link to the video of the draw will be posted at this time. Prizes will be posted by the donor of the prize. The winners of the AR jobs are responsible for contacting Chieftang to arrange their work. Contact details will be provided with their notification of winning.

Anyone who promised something I have forgotten about please PM me, the last 24hrs have been flat out. Likewise anyone wanting to add a prize to the raffle or an auction please get in touch. In the interest of full transparency my mobile phone number is available upon request.

So come on folk, let's make a real difference in lives that have been torn apart.

_45457907_damage_ge466.jpg

Many thanks to all who have donated prizes and helped out organising this appeal.

Hey folks, don't forget to post here when you make your donation. Apart from the fact you deserve a pat on the back for doing so I'l know it's time to chk emails!

Regards, Col

greg_r

Well done getting this organised, Col. Very worthwhile

I've already donated to the appeal, and would strongly recommend that anyone who can spare a few dollars do the same - whether or not you want to enter the raffle. This is a really worthwhile fundraiser, folks!

trailboss99

Just recived another prize donation. A mint Neonode cell phone. Used for a cpl of weeks only. This would do you great John. Post from anywhere!

I'll add it to the listing as soon as I get some pics thru.

Col.

onzenuub

Nice gesture mate, I am in.

trailboss99

Thanks onze! :D So it's Holland 1, rest of the world nill. You guys gunna let that happen? :D

Col.

onzenuub

One can better spend the $$ on this as on a rep.

trailboss99

I just recived an email from Chris at Eurotimez with even more reason to enter! I'll let him tell it.

Hi Col,

Sounds like a great project

Sure I can donate 2 noobmariner watches with asian DG 2813, one Black and one green.

Which I already have in stock in UK.

I'm sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on the forum for months, simply because I working day/night on this new-webstore which I hope to launch soon.

Just let me know where the two addresses and I'll have it arranged for you.

So there you go! I'll get this added to the main post ASAP along with pics.

A huge thankyou to Chris for a most generous adition to the prize pool!!!!!

Stay tuned for some exicting news from Chris very soon!

Col.

onzenuub

Why isn't this on RG as well??

trailboss99

I don't go to geek and no one has offered to port it over. Since I am not knowen there (don't even have an account) I can hardly ask myself.

Col.

onzenuub

Will try to get it over there.

alphakazi

Outstanding work Col. I'm down for a few books - email sent

trailboss99

Ta Alpha. :gunbandana:

Tickets sent.

Col.

sconehead

Donation sent Col, has this affected you directly?

trailboss99

Hey Onze, Your's is the only email so far that came thru to the "spam" box on Ymail! :frusty:;)

It just had to be you! :popcorn:

All who have sent me recipts so far should have had their ticket #s sent back by now. if you havn't, PM me.

Col.

trailboss99

Not directly sconehead but being a Firefighter by vocation any large fire tends to hit home.

In this case I think you caoud safely say that every Australian has been affected. Still to meet somone who doesn't know at least one person who has lost a home, been evacuated or suchlike. Remember these fires affect an area larger than texas!

The shot below will give you an idea. This is from Melbourne the capital of Victoria and miles from the worst fires.

smokeand737copy.jpg

Col.

alphakazi

Good Lord - that picture is insane

oscarmadfish

good on ya col :lol:

donation made :drunksing:

i have mailed the reciept to you

trailboss99

In regards of a finish date for this it has been decided that it willl end at 2400 hrs AEDT, next Sunday 22nd February 2009. I will have the draw on either the monday or tuesday following depending on availabilty of a suitable person to draw it.

Thanks and regards, Col.

trailboss99

Ta Oscar, tickets sent.

Col.

oscarmadfish

recieved :lol:

onzenuub
Hey Onze, Your's is the only email so far that came thru to the "spam" box on Ymail! :rofl: :rofl:

It just had to be you! :lol:

All who have sent me recipts so far should have had their ticket #s sent back by now. if you havn't, PM me.

Col.

And it is an honour as allways :drunksing:

JohnG

I will pick up tickets today - great idea Col and welldone organizing this. Our sparring aside, you are a really really good soul. Too good sometimes, but if that is a defect, I can think of worse ones. :lol:

trailboss99

Hey folks. Belive it or not due to the generosity of great people more prizes have been added!

We have an example of the best wireless keyboard ever made and a DateJust. Thats FIVE WATCHES IN TOTAL!

Thanks to WBK and Whoosh70!

See the main post for details and keep the donations comming. We have to make this worth the kindness of all who have given so freely for the prize pool!!!!

Thanks to all who have allready given.

Regards, Col.

oscarmadfish

awesome ;)