Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

Fundraiser for OZ bushfire Victims.

graman

Hey Col,

Great stuff mate.....an example to us all..

trailboss99

UPDATE

All who have donated as of 05.50 GMT should have had tickets sent. If you have not PM me. We are working on the issue of paying by PP but it doesn't look good ATM. Most of us will have CC anyway.

KEEP DONATING!

What's 3.3USD? Hardly buys a beer does it? We don't care if you can only afford one ticket or 100.It all makes a difference! Due to the number of book buyers I feel that people are not giving small amounts 'cause they think it won't help. Nonsence! Even 5 bucks makes a difference and is as welcome as 50. Also, the Geeks are now in the lead for total donations! Shurly that's not on? Keep it comming folks, there's a whole swag of prizes our there to be won. See the main post for the start of the auction for the NFL jersey. It's at 50 bucks ATM. The jersey itself is worth 300 and it's signed!

Many thanks to all who have donated so far. Give yourselvs a pat on the head. And more of you post here when you do please? It looks like no one is giving!

Regards, Col.

onzenuub

Posted this one @ the geek to.

offshore

Onze,

Thanks for all the assists!

I'm sure Col is most grateful.

For me it is a bit of a "my country" thing to try and help...for Col it is his heritage and passion.

We Aussies, are just so thankful, that there are so many friends out there, in the bigger world, who are all chipping in, each in their own way, to offer us an assist.

Believe us when we say, that whilst the $$ are vital, it is the level of support from so may, which will get all those who have been devastated, truly back on their feet.

Help appreciated.

Offshore

onzenuub
Onze,

Thanks for all the assists!

I'm sure Col is most grateful.

For me it is a bit of a "my country" thing to try and help...for Col it is his heritage and passion.

We Aussies, are just so thankful, that there are so many friends out there, in the bigger world, who are all chipping in, each in their own way, to offer us an assist.

Believe us when we say, that whilst the $$ are vital, it is the level of support from so may, which will get all those who have been devastated, truly back on their feet.

Help appreciated.

Offshore

Glad to be able to help.

greg_r

Just a heads-up for the UK folks. If you don't want to enter the raffle for any reason, but still want to donate, do so via the British Red Cross and make sure you select 'Gift Aid' during the donation process. This ensures that the Red Cross gets a 28% tax refund from the government for every pound you donate - more of your money therefore goes to the appeal. I organised a whip-round at work last week, and we donated this way.

trailboss99

Big Bump. More prizes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, I'l soon to be anounceing some more prizes! For starters WBK has come thru with a boxset for the DJ. That about doubles the value of that prize folks. There's also a Mont Blanc pen from the same great guy as well as another piece TBA.

Australia003.jpg

Australia011.jpg

Thanks again Wacko Bird Keeper!

Were on our way to two grand but with the combined membership of thirty or forty thousand we can do a hell of a lot better than that! Look at the prize list folks!

GIVE!

On a far less happy note the death toll is now over 200 and Kenburg informs me that a firefighter from Canberra has been killed by a falling tree while on deployment in Victoria.

My condolences to his fellow firefighters and his family.

Col.

onzenuub

Oke Col, bad news still going on over there. I've added your post on RG. Ken and WBK had posted allready on RG as well.

JohnG

Donation sent, email sent.

KinCaidk

Donation sent, email sent.

trailboss99

Thanks guys. :rolleyes:

John's tickets sent, Kincaidk's shortly ( in next batch in a half hour)

Col.

JohnG

Let me win anything except for the Fakey watch! :rolleyes:

greg_r

:rolleyes:

Those PVD Subs are seriously fugly ain't they?

JohnG

Yup - they might not look SOOO bad if they weren't so frakkin SHINY!

greg_r

Yup - they might not look SOOO bad if they weren't so frakkin SHINY!

haha - yeah. Sorta like a Walmart suit.... :rolleyes:

onzenuub

Bump for the new members

alphakazi
Australia011.jpg

cool - the exact pens I use - nice and heavy Montblanc - rep that is but it's real nice

onzenuub

Badabump

trailboss99

Hi folks. The sat went down and I'm on dialup at dad's place so don't panic if I'm not arround much. Tickets should be up to date.

At the request of some of our American members I am going to extend the closing time to give them the weekend over there. The new closing time is 2PM AEST (gmt +10)n Monday..

That gives you guys most of the weekend as it was brought to my attn that a whole different bunch of folk show up on the weekend.

The draw will be Tuesday, AEST.

Thanks to all who have donated.

Regards, Col.

trailboss99

Hey, sat still down. I will issue any outstanding tickets tomorrow after close of raffle. Yhe draw will be on Tues as advertised,

Col.

Greg: FYI, symonyec tried to block this page as suspisious. You may want to chk.

greg_r

@Col - sorry to hear the sat is still down.

BTW The site is clean.

Symantec Internet Security (which is what I assume you're using) blocks all sorts of perfectly innocent stuff as suspicious - which is why I usually recommend people use something else - ANYTHING else... lol (a lot of Symantec/Norton products have a tendency to cause more problems than they solve).

JohnG

BTW The site is clean.

Symantec Internet Security (which is what I assume you're using) blocks all sorts of perfectly innocent stuff as suspicious - which is why I usually recommend people use something else - ANYTHING else... lol (a lot of Symantec/Norton products have a tendency to cause more problems than they solve).

AVG RULES

oscarmadfish

zone alarm security suite for oscar

JohnG
zone alarm security suite for oscar

ZONE ALARM ZUCKS!

AVG RULES!!!!

greg_r

BTW The site is clean.

AVG RULES

It's what I usually recommend for anti-virus, yes. :lol: