Sign in to follow this  
MikeAlmighty

1littlegreen banned?

MikeAlmighty

I was just about to package up a faulty hublot to send for service and then I see that the ban hamsters been on the prowl. Does anyone know what happened?

On another note what are we poor souls that are stateside to do with these 7750 time bombs? Last I checked Katt doesn't touch them.

UmpaHimself

Oh no! LG has been a great buddy. What happened? Another non trusted modder down the tube?

Ishmael

Ya I saw that... I bought a Sellita Breitling SOA from Kevin a month or so ago, and it could not have been a better transaction. I had no idea he did mods, so there must've been an issue (or several) there that led to his current status. When I saw it I searched for quite awhile for some sort of announcement from the mods - there have been others for "non-trusted" modders and such. But I could find no such thread... It was quite a shock.

nunu78

He has some issues with the work he had thats why mods put the warning about sending work to him. He told me that, it was his own fault for some personal reason he is way behind on his work but now he is doing everything to return the watches with the work done and then next day ive found out that he is banned and Scammer is written on his previous post.

Ishmael

He has some issues with the work he had thats why mods put the warning about sending work to him. He told me that, it was his own fault for some personal reason he is way behind on his work but now he is doing everything to return the watches with the work done and then next day ive found out that he is banned and Scammer is written on his previous post.

You mean Kevin is being referred to as a "scammer"?

profsteve

I think it all began when he moved. I had a watch with him and he became MIA for weeks. Still waiting for my watch to be returned said that he was going to ship it this past Monday but I have not seen it and today is Saturday, so I just sent him an email. I am sure that others had watches with him also. I feel sorry for him as it seems moving, which is not a very desirable experience under the best of circumstances got to him. It might be helpful if others that have done bus with Kevin chime in.

profsteve

I had not heard anything about being a scammer. I'd like to know about that.

Ishmael

Well as I said I've not sent watches to him, but I have bought a watch from him, and he could not have been more transparent and accommodating. Hopefully whatever problems he's been experiencing personally get resolved...

nunu78
b18d0aeacffb384ac7d9959cfd250f35.jpg

nunu78
I had not heard anything about being a scammer. I'd like to know about that.

I was surprised too, as to me Kevin was nothing but an honest and help ful man.

SSTEEL

Kevin is alright, he has admitted its his fault, I have sent him some much needed parts so he can finish some jobs and return watches to their owners. These things happen in the rep repair business, reps are so so unforgiving, and shit happens, tie this in with personal life, moving etc, things hit the fan, plus when a customer is inpatient, it does not help matters one bit.

Dr Yan

zero-hero-zero ...............RWG style

Sakurai

Sorry to hear.

nunu78

To me its great lost of a community , specially For the CONUS member.

profsteve

Kevin is alright, he has admitted its his fault, I have sent him some much needed parts so he can finish some jobs and return watches to their owners. These things happen in the rep repair business, reps are so so unforgiving, and shit happens, tie this in with personal life, moving etc, things hit the fan, plus when a customer is inpatient, it does not help matters one bit.

Micky, That was certainly generous of you. Hopefully that will help Kevin and his customers and maybe get him back on board.

Ishmael

Micky, That was certainly generous of you. Hopefully that will help Kevin and his customers and maybe get him back on board.

+1 Micky - first class move by you. :thumbsup2:

Cyril_Clunge

Really? :facepalm: Do you seriously think we're going to suddenly turn round and say "Oh, so and so says that bloke we banned is ok, we must have banned him for no reason, let's bring him back so he can fuck some more people about" ?!

Ishmael

Just sad...

nunu78

Yes it is but Mods always acted in a good faith and they always do what is inthe best intrest of this community.

rawbaws

Would have to think being adorned the title "scammer" involves a little more than just falling behind and not having availability of parts to fix a watch..

Ishmael

Yes it is but Mods always acted in a good faith and they always do what is inthe best intrest of this community.

Agreed mate. Just a bummer things sometimes turn out like this for all involved.

nunu78

Agreed mate. Just a bummer things sometimes turn out like this for all involved.

Cant agree more.

DR3M3L

Come on guys, I've been working with a backlog too in the past and I'm not banned ;) I'm sure it's not just a few weeks behind on his work, something else should've happened to get him banned AND a title "scammer". I agree with Micky that many things can happen and go wrong when working on replica's, but hey if something happens just keep the mods updated.

BadPickle

Let's not forget that Kevin, like a lot of others , are not on any kind of trusted dealer list here. So the reality is that you're gambling with your own trinkets and cash when you send them off for repairs. Regardless of whether you thought he was a "good member" something serious must have happened for him to get banned.

Are we forgetting the most important rule here?

elp

wear a condom?