Sign in to follow this  
al_se81

My first Pam rep - PAM196 (A7753)

al_se81

hi all, new joiner here. this is my first step in the rep world and i chose my favorite brand Pam to be my first watch. after seeing an offer for this Pam 196 on one of the TD here, i decided to buy it. Apparently this model is on offer because there is overstock. however i didn't realise that this is the noob 2010 model as there is a new noob 2013 and H maker.

I used to own a Luminor homage watch via my local dealer (i live in SE Asia) but that was a horrible experience as the watch broke down in a couple of weeks and the return to China for repair took months before it was eventually declared lost. luckily the dealer refunded me back (wasn't that exp, only about 90USD?) but the waiting time was killing me.

since this is my first rep, please forgive me if i'm asking stupid questions, in fact i have no idea how to use the clasp until i had to google for instructions :)

here's a flaw that i see when i received the watch that i didn't see in the QC pics. The chrono hand (is that what you call it?) is not fixed tightly and moves around slightly when i move the watch. below are the pics in 2 different orientation.

http://imgur.com/Q8izP6Z

http://imgur.com/Sj7ajGe

i am asking the TD on what's the next step but if i have to send it back for repair, the shipping is going to be costly for me, sigh.... any advice please?

I posted in the Pam sub-forum and realise that this might be a better place to post. Also someone advised that this might be something that i can fix on my own? is that possible please?

GenTLe

It is the one with 7753, and that characteristic is quite typical of that movement. There's nothing you can really do to prevent that (a part replace the movement with a gen one).

10:10 Watch Repair

It is the one with 7753, and that characteristic is quite typical of that movement. There's nothing you can really do to prevent that (a part replace the movement with a gen one).

Gen 7753 do it too. Every additional gear adds a little more slop.