Sign in to follow this  
Left Coast Guy

When is it time to just give up?

BentleySharp

Sorry, not clear what you mean by "mod" for this situation.

I had taken the watch to a local watchsmith (two actually) for repair, not a modder from the forum. Both were willing to take a look, and take my money, but I'd say the level and quality of the service was terrible.

I think what Ding meant by "Mod" was Moderator. As in, RWG forum Moderator.

Left Coast Guy

Yeah, well I'd thought that originally......but not sure it applies in this situation. Does he mean I should have contacted a mod when I had difficulty with WI in the first place maybe?

BenjaminButton

Spending ones hard earnt money and getting a croc of shite is really frustrating .........however.........

Why would anyone expect the quality and reliability of a rep to be anything more that hit and miss. It's a below the counter world. Illegal use of the logos and names means these are never going to be as good on quality as something of equivalent value in the gen market. So if it doesn't work then it's all about quality control or the lack of it. You paid for almost bugger all quality control when you bought your rep and no proffesional high end watch repairer will touch an illegal rep. So when you spend more expect the same low standards you paid for with the original timepiece. Stop spending save the money up buy a gen and then demand the highest standards. With your rep you simply never paid for quality - you paid for a hit or miss rep. Buyer beware the customer service department at the rep factory are on permanent leave!!

Lagger

I changed a bad watch with WI and it took forever, about 3 month plus to get my replacement. ....5 watches in total from them 4 have been excellent but the duffer I got was beyond bad like it had been assembled from the parts bin like a Christmas cracker watch

fraggle42

It all depends if you really like the watch or not.

I got a 45.5mm PO that wasn't up to all that much and had a movement problem. I happened to have a spare TC movement that are really good and would drop into it.

As I liked the watch I also decided to go for gen hands, and then a gen dial, gen crystal, gen bezel (still waiting for me to get off my arse and make the adapter for that), gen clasp.

So that was originally a cheap PO that now stands me over £1000 and is my fav rep cause it's mine! :)