Sign in to follow this  
gB.

PAM 025D arrived from DSN

gB.

I recently received the PAM 025D from DSN. This is my second purchase from him in the past 4 months (also bought vintage Rolex 6154 that initially had a DOA movement, but he replaced it). I absolutely love this 025D watch and think it looks great overall. The one issue I see with it is related to the crown in the last two photos and YouTube video. When I pull it out to set the time, the crown is crooked and rubs against the crown guard when turning to set the time. I have several other PAMs with similar crowns, and none looks or function like this. I reached out to Davidsen to communicate my concerns, and here was his response:

"Well

pics look ok to me

This is an auto movt

No need to wind it

If you wish to wind itnyou can do it

With the lever in closed position

Crown has a spring loaded mechanism

When you un locked the lever,they are

All like this

Sorry that I am not able to make it

Better than the one u have

If u do not accept

Pls send it back for refund

Pls study and advise me your decision"

I have noticed that communication is sometimes difficult with Davidsen, and not sure if he actually understands what I am trying to tell him regarding the issue, even though I sent him these same two photos and also the video. He is a stand up guy and is willing to accept a return for refund, but I really like this watch and want to know if this is normal for the sub PAMs, or if something is quirky with this crown and is fixable. I planned to send it to "14060 or 16610" anyway to have the movement cleaned and serviced since it has the factory A7750, but wanted to make sure there are no defects with the crown before doing so. Any thoughts or insights are greatly appreciated!

Here's a pic of this beauty with the lume charged up (the strap and ti buckle I already had).

PictureA.jpg

PictureB.jpg

Here's how the crown looks woky when turning and appears either bent or not attached to the movement evenly, and rubs agianst the crown guard when turning to set the time....

PictureC.jpg

PictureD.jpg

Member X

If the movement isn't rotating inside the case, which I think you'd be able to tell, I'd guess that the crown isn't secured onto the stem 100% straight. Should be an easy fix for someone once they've got it out, if it is that :boobies:

greg_r

Yup - looks like the crown is mounted a little lopsided - hard to tell whether the crown is mounted wrong on the stem or whether the stem is actually a little crooked.

Getting DSN to understand what you mean can be a little 'challenging' at times as his English isn't good. My experience is that he's extremely helpful once he understands what you're asking him, but getting past that point can sometimes be hard work. Patience and perseverance is the key :boobies:

gB.

Thanks for the input guys. Just waiting on a response from G at 14060 or 11660? to see if he can correct during the servicing process before I decide if it needs to go back to Davidsen for replacement.