Sign in to follow this  
Massimo

Gen prices have gone up again

Massimo

I was out shopping today which naturally included window shopping at the local ADs. I noticed that the Omega SMP 2254 50 (non-Bond) had gone up £90 to £1,390 and the classic Speedmaster on steel bracelet was just over two grand, previously having been around £1,900. Seems like another big bump above inflation, same as last year.

Looking at Rolex it was all a bit odd as the usual Sub and GMT Master II weren't there - perhaps not been put out though. The Datejusts were all TT ones so I don't know about prices, but suffice to say, if you weren't looking to spend the thick end of 5 grand there wasn't much point asking.

greg_r

ouch :gunbandana:

... and they wonder why reps are popular.

Guest dave123

I don't get it.

Huge discounts on gens these days,i guess they raised the prices so that they can offer a 50% discount instead of just 40%.... :gunbandana:

iabounty

Frankly I'm puzzled........... Thats why I buy reps, so I don't shell out big bucks for a watch that no one looks at but me........ When was the last time a stranger (male or female) noticed your watch and started up a conversation and actually knew what they were talking about and not just gushed "Oh what a beautiful Rolex wristwatch on such a rugged suntanned manly man" (like happens to me here in Iowa ... :jingoism: )

alphakazi
When was the last time a stranger (male or female) noticed your watch and started up a conversation and actually knew what they were talking about

once in 35 years - luckily I was wearing a gen Breitling at the time :lol:

greg_r
I don't get it.

Huge discounts on gens these days,i guess they raised the prices so that they can offer a 50% discount instead of just 40%.... :lol:

LOL! A very good point indeed. It doesn't add up at all, does it?

Xyphis
........ When was the last time a stranger (male or female) noticed your watch and started up a conversation and actually knew what they were talking about and not just gushed "Oh what a beautiful Rolex ...

A gentleman, while breathing at a furious pace, said "Nice Bell & Ross" right before I intubated him. Obviously a man who takes horology seriously!

alphakazi

:lol:

what do you do Xyphis? Medical field?

onzenuub
:lol:

what do you do Xyphis? Medical field?

No, intubating men on the street. :rofl:

NFleischer

Rolex raised their prices 2-3 times last year alone. a basic SS DJ is already $5500;

the SS sub $6000!