Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

Watch Market again.

mondeov6

They look really good on the wrist!!.... only you'll need looooonger straps Luth! :)

Aren

Thanks for the wrist pix...and wow...

these are beautiful watches.

Luthier
You must have a 10" wrist

:lol:

Just modest 8".......

:P

bob bean
You must have a 10" wrist

Just modest 8".......

It's all that fret fingering.

wat44

I used to fret fingering

Dendo

Love those classic watches PP and IWC!

GC

and than you wonder why everyone hates you...

warcelo

I maybe will visit Guangzhou in December for business and i need to know the address of this watch market! I´m really exited!

Luthier
and than you wonder why everyone hates you...

I don't.

Marcelo, ask Mary, you'll never find the better guide.

turnipz

Why did you buy all these parts, is it just a hobby or are you starting to sell them?

Luthier
Why did you buy all these parts, is it just a hobby or are you starting to sell them?

Who told you I bought any parts???

I bought a few watches, that's it. Everything else - I just collected information for our friends, who asked me to do it.

turnipz

Sorry I am confused, thought you bought them to start constructing them or something. Its been a long night. :lol:

mspangl

patek is so lovely.. not sure bout the clasp tho

iwc lookin decent aswell // the prices are hillarious tho :lol:

Luthier

I'm not too fond of the clasp too, but that's what is on genuine.

Akira

Luthier you haven't said anything about the straps :)

$5 for real croco I guess? :lol:

mulder

Great watches great photos. Thanks Luth

David

Luthier

$2.

Akira

$2.

:Shocked:

I'll take 100pcs

warcelo

Any more news or pics Luth???

I can´t wait to visit China! :)

Luthier

It's enough, Marcelo, we'll wait for your trip to China.

:)

theflyingdutchman
And here's my first acquisition...

GORGEOUS IWC with tourbie on the back. I even forgave them misspelling of word "eghteen"... Price - $36

014-1.jpg

Enjoy!!!

You paid 36USD! And the dealers (e.g. via www.idolreplicas.com and code: 70663) sell it for 103USD..NICE MARGIN! Sometime ago a certain dealer (on a different oard) horribly bashed a member who had been to China and said he had bought HBB's V2's for 150USD and V1's for 200. The dealer claimed that that was BS and that he was a lier! And here agin the proof of "rep crime does pay!" P.S. Love the watch!

Edited by theflyingdutchman

Akira
You paid 36USD! And the dealers (e.g. via www.idolreplicas.com and code: 70663) sell it for 103USD..NICE MARGIN! Sometime ago a certain dealer (on a different oard) horribly bashed a member who had been to China and said he had bought HBB's V2's for 150USD and V1's for 200. The dealer claimed that that was BS and that he was a lier! And here agin the proof of "rep crime does pay!" P.S. Love the watch!

Sure it pays and sure there is a margin

or do you think the dealers work for nothing?

Baldrick
here agin the proof of "rep crime does pay!

How do you work out it's "crime", that must be the grossest and or most stupid comment I've ever read, do you think that dealers should provide all the services and warranties that they do for the same price as they buy, that they should be your 'personal' shopper, sniffing out the best of stuff and giving it you at lowest possible market price, if you want to avoid paying a dealer profit, get off your ass and go get them yourself, then do a CBA ( cost benefit analysis ) and fall over when you realise how much it would really cost you :D

Since when was profit a dirty word ?

Brightlight
here agin the proof of "rep crime does pay!

How do you work out it's "crime", that must be the grossest and or most stupid comment I've ever read, do you think that dealers should provide all the services and warranties that they do for the same price as they buy, that they should be your 'personal' shopper, sniffing out the best of stuff and giving it you at lowest possible market price, if you want to avoid paying a dealer profit, get off your ass and go get them yourself, then do a CBA ( cost benefit analysis ) and fall over when you realise how much it would really cost you :D

Since when was profit a dirty word ?

People do not understand the markup required to cover these things Baldrick and provide a reasonable profit, it always has been thus even in legitimate business. Many years ago, during Uni holidays and while living abroad I worked for a company that imported watches and clocks and wholesaled out to jewellers. Our markup was 100% and the Jewellers marked up 125% so a watch that cost £100 landed (CIF and duty, cost ex factory probably around £60) was wholesaled for £200 and retailed for £450. Kinda shocking to me at a young age, but I've since found out none of this is unusual and came to understand the reasons for the oncosts. When you consider the manufacturing costs are a lot lower than the factory sells them for, the markup from manufactured to retail seems incredible.

That's how business works and rep dealers are no different.

Akira
People do not understand the markup required to cover these things Baldrick and provide a reasonable profit, it always has been thus even in legitimate business. Many years ago, during Uni holidays and while living abroad I worked for a company that imported watches and clocks and wholesaled out to jewellers. Our markup was 100% and the Jewellers marked up 125% so a watch that cost £100 landed (CIF and duty, cost ex factory probably around £60) was wholesaled for £200 and retailed for £450. Kinda shocking to me at a young age, but I've since found out none of this is unusual and came to understand the reasons for the oncosts. When you consider the manufacturing costs are a lot lower than the factory sells them for, the markup from manufactured to retail seems incredible.

That's how business works and rep dealers are no different.

It's the same in every business...

I work in the fashion business and the markups are quite the same.

The most expensive jeans in production costs about $9.

You can't produce it higher except you produce it handmade.

Still prices for a jeans differ between $25 and $600

so even the cheapest jeans is calculated with an 125% markup.

Just to give an example...