Sign in to follow this  
Kemist

Weird clicking sound when changing time A2836?

Kemist

Hi everyone,

I have noticed this for a long time, and today it's the third time this happened so i guess I just need to ask for everyone's opinion:

whenever I change the time on my Sub, if I turn the crown too much, say over 5 or 6 hours, I start to feel the crown becomes a bit jerky at times. It starts to make the **CLUCK** **CLUCK* sound. Whenever I hear/feel that, i just stop, push the crown back in, and pull it out and keep turning the crown to change the time.

The crown's travel over 5 to 6 hours is not smooth all the way, I don't know how to describe it but it feels bumpy, dry and jerky. I am not sure if I have damaged the keyless parts or done anything wrong to the movement.

Another thing not sure if its important/relevant to the condition: yesterday at about 3pm, the DWO was pushed down to show only half of the date number "3". It looks like the date was being changed in an A7750 movement when it gets closer to midnight, but only it was 3pm and noone touched the crown or anything. I had to pull the crown out and turned it back to the correct date.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

tk

Edited by tkhiem

SSTEEL

Your concerns are warranted my friend, that movement certainly needs looking at.