Sign in to follow this  
markeym3

7750 sunken date wheel solution??

markeym3

Hey folks , maybe this should be in the flame free zone so be kind,,

I have just bought another navitimer , but this one has the 6,9,12 subdial configuration , but also still suffers from the sunken date wheel , although my super avenger rep wiht the same config seemed ok , but any way , I know francisco did a tutorial on resolving the issue by machining a ring to miss some gears and place a new dw over the top , this seemed a great remedy but of course a lot of work , but seeing a pic of the 7750 with the 6,9,12 sub dial config and without the dial it seemed that I only need to place another dw on the top of the old dw to bring it closer to the dial ,, is this right ?? is it that simple ?

Thanks for having a look ,,

Cheers

Marc

7750movement_zps3c2b0766.jpg

myaz

I saw that tuto and thought that it's nice to have access to a lathe that can slice such a thin spacer out of a pipe. As for the rest of us...

If you've got the clearance, I'd like to know how your idea works for you.

markeym3

Well I was thinking that the configuration above does not have the extra gears like in Francisco s tutorial so no need for the machined ring .. so I thought maybe remove the date wheel overlay put a spacer in and place the date wheel back on top ...

what do you think ?

10:10 Watch Repair

is this right ?? is it that simple ?

No.

The sunken DW happens because the A7753 has transfer gears over the DW to change the configuration of the subdials.

Read Francisco's tutorial, plenty of pictures.

markeym3

is this right ?? is it that simple ?

No.

The sunken DW happens because the A7753 has transfer gears over the DW to change the configuration of the subdials.

Read Francisco's tutorial, plenty of pictures.

yes I read franciscos tutorial . But the movement im thinking of doesnt have these gears and is more like the movement pictured above ..

DR3M3L

If it is like that movement then just add a overlay on top of it ;)

markeym3

If it is like that movement then just add a overlay on top of it ;)

Thanks for the input Joran , I was hoping that would be the answer ... I was getting my 7753 and 7750's mixed up ..

SSTEEL

It is relatively easy to do on a standard form 7750 movement, but as already pointed out, on the 7753 its not possible to use the same methods as I use with the 7750, I use dial dots. This piers the modified date wheel on top of the existing date wheel. Imagine a boardwalk pier, but circular, this is what I achieve, but for this to happen, I modify a second date wheel, removing teeth, and sanding the copper thickness down to the same thickness as a DWO.

markeym3

It is relatively easy to do on a standard form 7750 movement, but as already pointed out, on the 7753 its not possible to use the same methods as I use with the 7750, I use dial dots. This piers the modified date wheel on top of the existing date wheel. Imagine a boardwalk pier, but circular, this is what I achieve, but for this to happen, I modify a second date wheel, removing teeth, and sanding the copper thickness down to the same thickness as a DWO.

Thanks for the input SS ,, its strange how on the Super Avenger with the 6,9,12 configuration there doesn't appear to be a sunken dw problem, when I assume the same movement is used in the navitimer .

SSTEEL

I forgot to add, I also use a thin dial spacer.

The date wheel assembly can be demoed whole from the 7750 movement, and what I have seen the rep factories do to achieve the date wheel alignment for the Bronzo Pam models is they shave the outer raised lip of the date wheel assembly, and then use a larger diameter date wheel coloured to match the dial.

The issue with sunken date wheels is with the 7753 movement with sub-dials @9/6/3, example, the same complications layout as the Daytona.

markeym3

I forgot to add, I also use a thin dial spacer.

The date wheel assembly can be demoed whole from the 7750 movement, and what I have seen the rep factories do to achieve the date wheel alignment for the Bronzo Pam models is they shave the outer raised lip of the date wheel assembly, and then use a larger diameter date wheel coloured to match the dial.

The issue with sunken date wheels is with the 7753 movement with sub-dials @9/6/3, example, the same complications layout as the Daytona.

Ah ok this makes sense to me now , so yes they put another DW overlay on top to match .. which in turn brings the dw closer to the dial ,, thanks for the help ..

Thanks for the input SS ,, its strange how on the Super Avenger with the 6,9,12 configuration there doesn't appear to be a sunken dw problem, when I assume the same movement is used in the navitimer .

Not all 7753 are made equal...

markeym3

this watch movement subject is kinda crazy ,,, :wacko:

this watch movement subject is kinda crazy ,,, :wacko:

There are two ways of achieving the subdial position of the 7753 when starting with a base movement 7750. There's the transfer plate and gears on top of the DW method, or the ETA way (which some factories do.)