Sign in to follow this  
mostling

STEINHART "OCEAN 1 GREEN" (Pics)

MetalMickey
Basically because i'll probably get rid of all my reps, not really looking to have a watch that is as close to the original as possible, just want a watch i like with a good movement and actually have a warranty.

Here here! Nice to have some confidence. I have a TC cos I like the rouge adaptation and it doesn't look like a straight rep. I plan on getting a Steinhart OVM cos they look nicer to me than vintage Rolex reps. Nothing wrong with going gen for something appropriately priced like a Steinhart.

Ginger01

great looking watch

on a quick look, this could be mistaken for a Rolex Sub Mariner 50th Anniversary addition

mostling

I'm really enjoying this watch, i like that it is a bit heavier than the TC LV, i wouldn't mind if it had the same magnification on the date but otherwise as said really satisfied.

Since i received it 6 days ago it has only gained 5 seconds so that's pretty damn good too.

watch101

Great feedback on your Steihart vs the TC LV. Really appreciate it. I was going to ask about the weight comparison and glad you addressed that. I agree w/ you about the warrenty on the Steinharts is nice to have. I'm in the US and just hope I never have to use it but it still adds some piece of mind & from what I've been reading is that the resale value seem to hold up as the ETA movements appear to be some of the better ones used in that watch.

Edited by watch101

BC1221

Interesting. Never noticed the hour hand was shaped that way.

I kinda like it.

The only thing I would change is the cyclop though. Weak mag on cyclop makes the watch look cheap IMO.

Maybe go with a flat crystal.

watch101

I just placed my order for this same watch! Wish I could get my hands on the TC LV Sub! However they seem to far and few between & I'm satisfied so far with my GMT Ocean1. Your pictures made my decision a LOT easier. Thanks again for posting them!!!!

mostling

Cool, enjoy it once you receive it.

mostling

So... Update on the accuracy of the movement.

Had the watch on my wrist since i received it 15 days ago and only gained 13 seconds, doesn't get much better than that imo so still VERY satisfied with the watch.

Flipper81

I've just ordered a steinhart aviation gmt, really like this brand. Enjoy the watch and congrats

jamilton

I love "irish" inserts...